BREAKING : Chansiri rejects offer to buy club

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

How has he tried to do that?

What a bizarre question. How about by describing his company on his LinkedIn site as “WBD Capital & PT. Citr  Putra Mandiri are a private company headquartered in Jakarta......., etc.”, as shown on the screenshot.

The rest of the description, is all cut and paste from the OSO web page

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, T Hardy said:

If he values us in the same way he values our players, there’s no chance of a sale any time soon as he’ll be asking for ridiculous money. 

Pretty sure you can count on one hand the amount of players we’ve sold for a fee since he bought us, due to the stupid valuations he puts on players.

He’s probably asked for £400 million.

Time to make it clear to him on social media we want him to sell I think.

DC is like one of those antique hoarders who goes on Antiques Roadshow and gets told the crap he has brought on is worth a tenner at best.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, happy bunny said:

DC is stretched to the max financially and his patience is wearing thin

Anybody sniffing around the club knows this

Going to be a rollercoaster this as DC also doesn't want to lose face

The next offer just might flush him out

Agreed - this is just the start of a much bigger story

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

12 hours ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

If I was the owner of the club with the losses  year on year I'd sell for a pound.

Then try and make some money back on rent.

I'd never get the money back that I invested but I'd start to make some money back instead of the continual losses.

I mentioned this about the ground sale the other week. 

He could sell the club, but keep the ground as its no longer owned as part of the club and charge the new owner rent. 

• Like 1

It’s clear as day that Alonso is a leach trying to take advantage of DCs shocking mismanagement of the club. He’s trying to get the fans on side in order to force DC out and some of us are falling for it. 

I want DC out as much as anyone but not at the cost of this. Alonso’s links to Matt Southwell are a massive worry, just read up about him if you don’t know who he is. Only last week were they parked outside Pride Park claiming to be buying them, now it’s our turn.

DC might be awful at running a football club but I genuinely don’t think he’s using us to his own advantage like what could happen here. 

2 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

DC is stretched to the max financially and his patience is wearing thin

Anybody sniffing around the club knows this

Going to be a rollercoaster this as DC also doesn't want to lose face

The next offer just might flush him out

If that was the case he would surely snap their hands off, all the billionaires I know aren't bothered about saving face they would rather have the money.

12 hours ago, ANDY said:

25-30m

thats some haircut Chansiri would have need to take 

It's that big a hair cut considering he paid 35m? We are now in a worse position. I think it's a fair offer. 

Whatever he's put in is irrelevant, football clubs are valued on their position in the pyramid and ability to sell advertising space. Who wants to be linked with us currently? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

the club is more likely to go bust before chansiri would sell for 30 million . he is adamant club has cost him 300 million , we know that cant possibly be true , he said in last 1/2 years he turned down well over 100 million.  the question is whats the club actually worth not how much he has wasted . he purchased the club for 50-60 million in normal times, club had player assets then loovens,westwood,lees,hutchinson,lee etc all with decent values at the time ,now we are in financial meltdown throughout the world , football like most business without spectators are going to go bust unless this long term lockdown madness ends in the summer at the latest . we now have few assets with any value based on all these factors 30 million is about right. but chansiri would sooner eat a mouth of chillies than sell for that. 

Only major creditor is DC why would he do that?..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, northeastowl said:

It’s clear as day that Alonso is a leach trying to take advantage of DCs shocking mismanagement of the club. He’s trying to get the fans on side in order to force DC out and some of us are falling for it.  

Talk us through how that works

Let's say a load of people fall for it (nobody's falling for it - not one single person has said they want Alonso) 

What then?

How exactly would our fans force DC out?

Talk us through it...

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

There's no doubt about it that DC is losing money hand over fist, he's rejected the first bid probably out of pride but there will come a time that he will accept an higher offer just to cut his losses.

Let's wait and see if Alonso is serious, if he is he'll come back with a better offer.

2 minutes ago, Paddyowl said:

There's no doubt about it that DC is losing money hand over fist, he's rejected the first bid probably out of pride but there will come a time that he will accept an higher offer just to cut his losses.

Let's wait and see if Alonso is serious, if he is he'll come back with a better offer.

I'm not sure if he will

What it has done though is start a little fire 

The fire has smoke coming up from it into the air

And it's sending very clear smoke signals that people interested in buying a football club should take a look at SWFC

That's obvious

How to avoid this happening?

1) Don't get your club into a clusterfook of a mess so that you're vulnerable to this happening

2) Don't get involved with anyone who could potentially kick off like Alonso has done

E.g. run your club correctly

Again - (and whilst people might want to be attacking Alonso for any of this happening) - There really is only one person responsible for this whole situation

Owlstalk Shop