BREAKING : Chansiri rejects offer to buy club

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Pops in to thread to see if anyone has been sucked in by this.

Sees owlstalk has spent the evening wumming

Pops back out again.

😫

*awaits inevitable deletion of post.

Did the same. It's shocking how gullible some folk are.

• Like 3

Just over the Road from the Kop are those very helpful 'Quick Fit' Lads. Now I have a plan; If we can get them to develop a Super Soft tyre with a red stripe built in that can do 50 Grand Prix laps without blistering. We could hand it to Petronas in exchange for their fully committed patronage.

It may not be a great plan but it's outbid Alonso.  

• Haha 1

Either Mr Chansiri needs to start running the club properly ...financially , operationally  and with people around him who actually have his and the club's best interests at heart ( rather than their own )  ... or he needs to sell up , be it to Alonso ...or to some other individual or group.

He should realise that his 'modus operandi' over the last 3 years has probably reduced the value of the club as an attractive proposition to many buyers ...and be prepared to 'cut his losses' .

Alternatively he needs to start running the club properly which would result in  an improvement in the results both on the playing side ...and in terms of how the club is run as a business. This would begin to turn things around to the point where the club might once again be an attractive propostion to potential buyers ...at the moment ...it certainly isn't. 

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, LaughtonOwl said:

Forget the who for a minute.

Its the why that matters. Somebody out there sees us as a potential investment. They see is as having the potential to get to the premier league. Sure, they may (or may not) be potential charlatans, but the fact remains....

We are seen as a club with potential, and that means somewhere out there is  buyer to wale us from this nightmare.... 

to be honest with football clubs most of the time investors lose money. To make money you have to buy low and sell high, I.e. pick up the club on the cheap, advance them on the pitch and then sell at a profit. The easiest way to do that is by taking a club into the PL.. pretty difficult to materially advance a club that’s already up there because the top 6 is mostly set.. there’s only really Leicester who’ve solidly broken in to it over recent years.

So most investors are going to like the idea of taking a lower league club up. Clubs in league 1 or 2 are 2-3 promotions away and most don’t have the fan base. Looking down the championship table at least half of them can match us support wise, get gates of 20,000+. But practically all of them are already owned by wealthy benefactors. 

The reason we’d attract attention is because we have widely reported money problems which implies the chairman might be desperate to sell out. So vultures smell the opportunity to pick us up on the cheap. The only problem with that is that Chansiri isn’t going to sell us on the cheap.. he’ll either 1. Carry on as he is doing funding us but it won’t be enough to get results on the pitch or 2. He’ll realise he can’t afford to fund us and that he needs to sell out, but he’ll do that too late and hold on too long. By the time he does we’ll be in league 1 and the price he could get will be even lower.

I think this season rests on tonight’s game.. win that and we might muster enough momentum to stay up. Can’t see us coming back if not. But it all seems a bit futile because KW, SH, TL, AR, BB, JR

will all leave at the end of this season and we will bring in worse players to replace them.. so next season relegation is nailed on if we somehow survive this season. It’s all depressing

What I find odd here after reading a few pages is that a month or so ago, most fans were puzzled as to why our know-nothing owner had hired a know-nothing advisor. 

Now a lot of fans are upset that the know-noting owner, won’t sell to another know-nothing buyer? 

Is it just a grass is greener situation or do those upset by this genuinely think we’d be better off owned by Alonso and his consortium? 

I’m all for a better owner, but without any insight how do we tell a better owner from some of the other rogue characters around the world. 

• Like 1

Surely any new owner has the same FFP restrictions.

To be fair to DC he doesn’t have to sell. He owns the business. As such he can value it in terms of what it is worth to him. We probably all own something that is worth more to us than it would be to others for various reasons.

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, Plonk said:

I refuse to believe a word of this until Billsaja or DBowl post in the thread

Far canal! Not them 2!

Guest mrbluesky
5 hours ago, LaughtonOwl said:

Forget the who for a minute.

Its the why that matters. Somebody out there sees us as a potential investment. They see is as having the potential to get to the premier league. Sure, they may (or may not) be potential charlatans, but the fact remains....

We are seen as a club with potential, and that means somewhere out there is  buyer to wale us from this nightmare.... 

What!?

Guest Mcguigan
1 hour ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Nice offer :duntmatter:

Realistically, we should be worth around 50-60M similar to what Derby are reportedly being sold for.

It will be interesting to see if DC would accept something like that and take the losses. If not, he's going nowhere. 

Derby’s fit for purpose ground and Cat 1 level training complex to our old girl that can’t gain safety certificates and a training ground that’s far too small, holds water and has a blow up dome.

We’re worth £25m-£30m tops.

As others have suggested it makes you feel all nostalgic for the Boardroom section of old. It was even more mental than the Politics section.

By the end I wasn't even convinced I was real.

Is it 6 years since DC took over now ? I remember writing - tongue in cheek in truth - that it would be typical Wednesday to have an owner with money and end up in a worse position.

How salient my sarcasm was.

I think the real risk here is the circus getting bigger in the haste of wanting DC to sell up. 

Charlton fan checking in - you do not want Matt Southall or Matt Southall’s associates anywhere near your club.

He bled us dry. The club barely had a pot to pee in this time last year yet he and his mates were spending the little money we had on fancy cars, nice bread and beaches.

The below link is worth skim reading if you want to get an idea on what kind of person Matt Southall is.

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/88474/latest-ownership-shenanigans-bite-size-thread-18-11-mini-bitesize-now-up/p1

Edited by caz92
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2