Celtic agree personal terms with Liam Shaw

6 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

We don't know any details so if he's been offered significantly more than we have offered, you can't blame the lad. 

In terms of development  he might well be better staying with us. I see Clare is at Oxford now in L1 and not always making the first eleven. Whatever happens, DC has clearly not learned much re the situation with Clare.

He is not better staying with us.

When he does not know from month to month, if he will even get paid that does not a good footballer made.

Clare in league one will be better paid than shaw, and that includes the 1 year deal DC will have offered.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Those knocking Celtic are on cloud cuckoo land. 

A much, much bigger club than us with a greater profile. 

If he goes there and does well then it will be a great move. 

Maybe he will come back for his last couple of seasons. UTO.

• Haha 1

Just now, MrsHall said:

Maybe he will come back for his last couple of seasons. UTO.

Who knows. 

As I said, if he does well, then there's a fair chance that much better placed English clubs would take notice. 

An absolute no brainer for the lad imo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

I feel much more negatively about this than I ever did about the George Hirst "saga". I also think Shaw will end up the far superior of the two. 

Could well be another Harry McGuire...& how silly will we look if he does? to not even get a decent fee for a Player you develop...? I love & always will love my Club,but this current regime is not allegedly worthy of our support..

44 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Can I just ask, what did you see in Shaw before this season that made you think he was worth a new contract on “first team” wages?

No missing the point.

So tired of explaining it all. Would Shaw have demanded first team wages this time last year if we had offered him a contract? I highly highly doubt it.

Just makes me sad this. Shaw has been the only positive during this disaster of a season. He might not turn out to be a world class player but he's a local lad and a player that has the potential to inspire a generation of new Wednesday fans. 

Chansiri and his hangers on are not fit to run this proud club. They have no idea what damage they are doing and they don't seem to care. It will take many years to recover from this if we are lucky enough to get a new owner with a brain.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Sorry, I'm slow... can you explain what Shaw is doing wrong here?

In my view, choosing to leave in a manner which denies the club any real compensation is within his right, but doesn’t reflect that well on him. If he’s good he will be playing here each week and will get his move whereby everyone gets repaid. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

If he's a Wednesday supporter he shouldn't go but you can understand why he would.... 

Time to stop this NOW  

Chansiri MUST GO! 

ENOUGH NOW

LETS ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING INSTEAD OF BURY YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND 

OUR FUTURE IS NOT UPTO CHANSIRI  TO CHANGE HES RUN PUT OF CHANCES..... ITS UP TO US NOW! 

WHAT ARE WE PREPARED TO DO 

Shoes off?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No missing the point.

So tired of explaining it all. Would Shaw have demanded first team wages this time last year if we had offered him a contract? I highly highly doubt it.

So at what point should stop offering U23’s a new contract every year just in case they make the first team?

• Like 1

Just now, kirksandallowl said:

So at what point should stop offering U23’s a new contract every year just in case they make the first team?

What? Shaw was part of the first team squad at the end of last season. If he’s going to be involved you offer him a contract to ensure this scenario doesn’t play out. Instead we offered him one a couple of weeks before he was free to talk to other clubs.

Your telling me not one coach at the club spotted his potential? Captaining the U’18s to a title is not enough evidence this lad might become quite a good footballer and could be an asset to us in the future? 

How on earth anyone is defending this absolute fuckwittery is beyond me.

• Like 2