Celtic agree personal terms with Liam Shaw

Anyone saying he's a Wednesday fan so should be stopping needs to take off the blue and white tinted specs.

If in your job, you were offered the chance to progress your career, make more money, get more benefits , you're saying you'd turn it down?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What? Shaw was part of the first team squad at the end of last season. If he’s going to be involved you offer him a contract to ensure this scenario doesn’t play out. Instead we offered him one a couple of weeks before he was free to talk to other clubs.

Your telling me not one coach at the club spotted his potential? Captaining the U’18s to a title is not enough evidence this lad might become quite a good footballer and could be an asset to us in the future? 

How on earth anyone is defending this absolute fuckwittery is beyond me.

Sean Clare thought he was worth more than the offer we made him, now struggling to get a game for Oxford. 

George Hirst thought he was better than the offer we made him, now struggling to get a game for Rotherham. 

Both of them, Hirst in particular, won massive plaudits at U18 level, should we have offered them more?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, kirksandallowl said:

Sean Clare thought he was worth more than the offer we made him, now struggling to get a game for Oxford. 

George Hirst thought he was better than the offer we made him, now struggling to get a game for Rotherham. 

Both of them, Hirst in particular, won massive plaudits at U18 level, should we have offered them more?

Yes

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

28 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

The thing Shaw needs to remember is that he will doubtless still have family and friends in the Sheffield area.

He was always be known as the rat who sh*tted on the people whio raised him.

And that will be the case for the rest of his life.

You could apply that false sentiment to every player who moves away from his first club,or doesn’t sign for his own home town club.

Thats a lot of players.

At least it adds a bit of interest in looking at other results whilst we go through the pain of watching Wednesday.

Good luck to the lad

Just now, Gob_Bluth said:

Anyone saying he's a Wednesday fan so should be stopping needs to take off the blue and white tinted specs.

If in your job, you were offered the chance to progress your career, make more money, get more benefits , you're saying you'd turn it down?

Ive turned down jobs with more money where I thought I was shafting the people who had given me an opportunity and that I could progress with. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t leave later though 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Football Insider is pretty much always bang on. The Sheffield Star too. The fact Shaw is not in the first team squad for three games running? 

He's got a shoulder injury

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, kirksandallowl said:

Completely missing the point. If we continue to let our best young talents run down their contract and lose them for nowt - what is the actual point? 

What’s the point of the academy. What’s the point of developing young talent and investing time into them for years and years.

What they go on to do is absolutely irrelevant. 

• Love 1

It’s upsetting that our club will likely be offering yesterday’s men ten times what it would have cost to secure Shaw earlier in the season. We’ll continue to pay our stars 20k plus and not have the funds to build a team around them or secure talented youngsters that break through. 

Happy for the lad that he’s broken through and secured a move to an actual gigantic club. Upset that we’d rather continue building for yesterday than planning for tomorrow. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Ive turned down jobs with more money where I thought I was shafting the people who had given me an opportunity and that I could progress with. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t leave later though 

Yeah but you haven't though have you

2 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

George Hirst can’t get a game at Rotherham because he’s been found out, very very average footballer at this level 

1 minute ago, kirksandallowl said:

What so we could berate the club for wasting money on contracts for players that aren’t good enough?

We would have sold both Hirst and Clare for profit. We in fact turned down £2m for Hirst and got zero compensation.

And it’s the EFL’s fault we got a points deduction right?