Chansiri calls Paul Cook ‘unprofessional’

15 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This hasn’t happened. Cook hasn’t said he was offered anything. 

Yet just two days ago you were heavily critical of the club for offering him a short contract.

Strange you believed he was offered it then.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

By suggesting he wouldn’t be able to manage he gave nothing away?

Which was followed up almost instantly by Alonso's tweets about how can you expect results if not allowed to do your job.

If I was guessing DC told Erik to do one shortly after the pulis sacking presser, he was caught off guard with questions about him all of a sudden (obviously oblivious to his sudden social media campaign).

Think Cook has been suckered in by this Alonso bloke and believing him to have more influence at the club.  It's unbelievable to think those comments on sky were not about swfc, just not said explicitly,it's like pulis he was playing press like a fiddle to control narrative.

Don't believe the press works quite the same in Thailand.

It's why club needs s CEO to run things 

It's clear as day how press and online posts have been used to create a false reality.

Just now, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Which was followed up almost instantly by Alonso's tweets about how can you expect results if not allowed to do your job.

If I was guessing DC told Erik to do one shortly after the pulis sacking presser, he was caught off guard with questions about him all of a sudden (obviously oblivious to his sudden social media campaign).

Think Cook has been suckered in by this Alonso bloke and believing him to have more influence at the club.  It's unbelievable to think those comments on sky were not about swfc, just not said explicitly,it's like pulis he was playing press like a fiddle to control narrative.

Don't believe the press works quite the same in Thailand.

It's why club needs s CEO to run things 

It's clear as day how press and online posts have been used to create a false reality.

So it's everyone elses fault other than Chansiris?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

46 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So are we automatically disbelieve everything that DC says is that what we are doing?

I don't think anyone in this thread is saying Chansiri's lying as far as I can see. In my case, it's the galling hypocrisy in what he's saying and the lack of class he shows in how he makes his points that bother me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So are we automatically disbelieve everything that DC says is that what we are doing?

I think people have seen the state of the club, the freefall to relegation, the rudderless ship and have started to ask themselves 'really??' every time Chansiri speaks now

And there's only one bloke to blame for that

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Brian said:

I don't think anyone in this thread is saying Chansiri's lying as far as I can see. In my case, it's the galling hypocrisy in what he's saying and the lack of class he shows in how he makes his points that bother me.

I said he’s lied.

Because he has.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So earlier in the week you didn't believe it then either and were not at all critical of the club offering a short term deal?

At the time we were debating an article by The Athletic (a reputable source of info) that Cook was offered a short term deal. If this was the case, I believe it was completely ridiculous to offer Cook a short term deal.

Now more info has come to light it appears that this may not be true. And the journalist may have been sold a dud. Nancy Frostwick is a very bright young journalist and I and many other had every reason at the time to believe it to be true. 

We were discussing Cook being offered a short term deal in the context of the thread and the information we had at the time. It’s how a forum works. 

• Like 2

Irrespective of who said what, the interpretation, the "advisors", what is real and what the rumours are would anyone who is truly a professional want to be associated in any capacity with this club? Looking at it from the outside it is a complete mess. Maybe the vast majority of that mess is Chansiri's own making but irrespective of that, how  can anyone have any confidence in being involved with SWFC as a business or employer?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yet just two days ago you were heavily critical of the club for offering him a short contract.

Strange you believed he was offered it then.

Mate honestly stop trying to catch me out on things, it’s embarrassing. That’s not what I was saying at all. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Brian said:

I never said anyone says he lying.   He gets slagged off when he doesn't speak and he gets slagged off when does.   Just gets ripped to pieces whatever he does.   

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

So it's everyone elses fault other than Chansiris?

Everyone is partly to blame on this one including Chansiri. Cook should’ve kept his mouth shut and politely declined to comment about us, Chansiri should’ve got rid of Alonso long before his apparent coup attempt and courting favour of fans and staff, and Alonso well where to start with that guy.

This is just a shitstorm, inside a bigger shitstorm, inside the massive shitstorm that is Sheffield Wednesday.