Chansiri calls Paul Cook ‘unprofessional’

8 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

Chansiri really owt to think for 5 minutes before he starts opening his mouth 

I feel as though the club is being cut adrift because of the things he comes out with 

Correct, he’s now slagged off a former manager & an available manager who clearly wanted the job. No manager worth his salt is going to come anywhere near us. The only ones that will want the job are the serial failures or dinosaurs looking for a final pay day.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Think your hearing what you want to hear.  

I heard a man getting asked a question about managing in football, in a wider discussion about managing in football. And then that man answering it. It had literally no connection to Wednesday. I’m not even sure the comments were made within close proximity to him being asked about the Wednesday job.

It was journalists taking a snippet from a wider discussion and applying it to a question about us. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Saying he’s told people he’s been offered the job and that Chansiri ‘doesn’t let managers manage’.

He’s not said either publicly. 

Apart from when he said this when asked about the SWFC job

.” If you’re not going to be allowed to manage, then you’re an employee and not a manager.”

I mean, that’s obviously about Chansiri and how he runs the club

11 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Typical control freak in charge. 

Total narcissist as I've said all along. It's all about ME ME ME 

If fans were allowed back in the ground in proper numbers he'd get one hell of a shock at their response to him.

3B9408B8-9C84-4442-8955-8B2A7858B832.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, McRightSide said:

Apart from when he said this when asked about the SWFC job

.” If you’re not going to be allowed to manage, then you’re an employee and not a manager.”

I mean, that’s obviously about Chansiri and how he runs the club

Apart from that’s not what happened

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

I heard a man getting asked a question about managing in football, in a wider discussion about managing in football. And then that man answering it. It had literally no connection to Wednesday. I’m not even sure the comments were made within close proximity to him being asked about the Wednesday job.

It was journalists taking a snippet from a wider discussion and applying it to a question about us. 

Yeah OK

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Correct, he’s now slagged off a former manager & an available manager who clearly wanted the job. No manager worth his salt is going to come anywhere near us. The only ones that will want the job are the serial failures or dinosaurs looking for a final pay day.

Exactly what I was getting at 

who will come to us now?

"It is not fair to me when all coaches have more time to talk to the media."

"It is unprofessional and not fair."

"It is not fair."

Foooooooooooooooook me!

I wish our chairman would stop wallowing in self-pity and start running our club in something approaching a professional and sustainable manner.

What's not fair is Wednesday fans having to watch the slow death of our club at the hands of an incompetent owner who shows no sign whatsoever of learning from his many, many mistakes.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

To be honest if what DC says is true and there has been no contact with him, or even if there had, commenting about it on sky for attention is not particularly professional is it?

But likewise being equally forthcoming with views doesn’t improve DCs image either. Needs PR training.

He does need to make a decision on the manager but the situation on recruitment seems consistent with what he has always said and I think it’s a bit of a red herring. 

The key now is who we get in by Monday and whether his decisions on a manager prove to be correct. Get those right and things could be recovered. If we don’t then it’s just going to get worse.

Obviously this and the Alonso situation is all connected

Seems like Alonso went out did some interviews, chose Cook...probably told him he would get him hired

Chansiri said no thanks he’s not random enough for me 

Alonso went back and said the little fella says no, but you don’t want it anyway, they guys a control freak 

yadda yadda yadda

• Like 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Paul Cook was incredibly complimentary towards Sheffield Wednesday football club when he spoke on Talksport by the way. 

So would I be if I really wanted the job, I’d do it because fans would cream themselves and I’d instantly become their preferred option 

He was even giving it the old ‘Josh could be a PL player, there’s no issue between us’ in the press the other day - probably addressing the one concern fans have of him.

I don’t blame him, but let’s not pretend he isn’t just another person in the football industry aiming for another job/contract

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Have you noticed a common theme emerging? Always someone else to blame isn’t it.

So he hasn't been interviewed or offered the job on a short term basis after all then?