Chansiri calls Paul Cook ‘unprofessional’

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What has come to light that makes the article you believed and were heavily critical of the club for two days ago suddenly become untrue? Nothing suggests that the Athletic got the information from Alonso, as you say yourself, she is a reputable journalist and will have checked the validity of her sources. When the article broke Biggs, who is very close to Cook due to Chesterfield connections, came out and said he had first hand information that supported this. 

What has come to light:

The next day Howson and The Star wrote an article saying that Cook wasn’t offered the job. Despite The Athletic saying he was. And now DC has come out saying it wasn’t true - three pieces of new information right there.

We first heard about Alonso and WBD via The Athletic despite DC being surprised that his name had popped up in the media. And it’s the Athletic who then report the story about Cook’s short term deal, the same night Erik announces he’s leaving on social media. 

Sounds like advisers going against each other and using the media for their own gain in my opinion. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Talksport then, that’s obviously much better and makes loads of difference....

“if you want to manage one of these good clubs you have to be able to manage. If you’re not allowed to manage you’re an employee and not a manager”

He was asked about SWFC and that was a response which was hardly generic positive or even straight bat and it didn’t need to be made. Just take the positive approach, with no thinly veiled criticisms and say no more and then that is professional. Anything else can be construed otherwise as much as you will continue to deny it.

On a related note. Someone along the line has been releasing stuff to the media about Cook being interviewed, supposedly offered a job short term. Talks happening and not continuing.  

there were even comments from PC himself in the star about a job he wasn’t getting. Relatively harmless other than  PR. But I’d question whether that comment was necessary also. Not seen many managers linked do that here in the past 

More generally and not There has been a lot of divisive actions in social media around this topic which is weird. 

As it has panned out neither party has come across particularly well and criticism cannot be levelled solely at one party. But the SWFC output is more our concern. 

Thanks for that. Can you point me to the part where Paul Cook says Chansiri doesn’t let managers manage? I can’t see that bit.

If he was referring to SWFC (I’m not daft I know he probably was) he even says we’re a good club! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What has come to light:

The next day Howson and The Star wrote an article saying that Cook wasn’t offered the job. Despite The Athletic saying he was. And now DC has come out saying it wasn’t true - three pieces of new information right there.

We first heard about Alonso and WBD via The Athletic despite DC being surprised that his name had popped up in the media. And it’s the Athletic who then report the story about Cook’s short term deal, the same night Erik announces he’s leaving on social media. 

Sounds like advisers going against each other and using the media for their own gain in my opinion. 

Also look at Alonso posts same night as cooks talksport comments.

But yes they weren't "explicitly" mentioned about swfc

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Mate honestly stop trying to catch me out on things, it’s embarrassing. That’s not what I was saying at all. 

Not trying to catch you out at all.

2 days ago you wrote that Chansiri was an idiot for offering Cook a short term contract

Now Chansiri is an idiot because he has spoke out about Cook, saying he was never offered a contract. 

You believed the article was genuine when it reflected badly on Chansiri now you are saying Cook never directly said he was offered the job and the sources of the article were dodgy. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Not trying to catch you out at all.

2 days ago you wrote that Chansiri was an idiot for offering Cook a short term contract

Now Chansiri is an idiot because he has spoke out about Cook, saying he was never offered a contract. 

You believed the article was genuine when it reflected badly on Chansiri now you are saying Cook never directly said he was offered the job and the sources of the article were dodgy. 

Those two things have no relevance to each other.

You can think offering Cook a short term deal is bad thing, and also refute Chansiri’s claim that Cook has told people he’d been offered it.

Absolutely bizarre. Must be on the wind up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What about Biggs, a close contact of Cook verifying the fact an offer was on the table? 

The offer was seemingly made by Alonso, someone who had no position to make an offer but you criticised Chansiri for the offer. 

Ill happily post it again. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Thanks for that. Can you point me to the part where Paul Cook says Chansiri doesn’t let managers manage? I can’t see that bit.

If he was referring to SWFC (I’m not daft I know he probably was) he even says we’re a good club! 

Ah yeah the good club caveat, a bit like when DC said he was a good coach and then nailed him. 

This team Cook/anyone vs Chansiri thing that’s started up recently is a bit lopsided for me. But you crack on.

I can see why DC may be feeling hard done to with some of the recent press activity around Cook and likewise I think DC should manage his own PR much better.

• Like 1