Chansiri calls Paul Cook ‘unprofessional’

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not trying to catch you out at all.

2 days ago you wrote that Chansiri was an idiot for offering Cook a short term contract

Now Chansiri is an idiot because he has spoke out about Cook, saying he was never offered a contract. 

You believed the article was genuine when it reflected badly on Chansiri now you are saying Cook never directly said he was offered the job and the sources of the article were dodgy. 

Where did I call DC an idiot? That’s not true I never called him that. I said a short term deal is laughable which at the time I believed it was. Like many others did, not just me. 

And again where have I said DC is an idiot for speaking out about Cook? I’ve said it’s unprofessional.

Why are you making things up? 

I have never once said Cook has said he was offered the job. Not once. I was commenting in the context of the thread based on info we had at the time that a short term deal was laughable for a manager or any manager worth their salt. Which i still believe it is. I even posted the next day that now more info has come to light I’m not sure whether The Athletic article was the truth - I’ll go find it for you if you want. 

You’re making zero sense here mate. You’re trying to catch me out but failing absolutely miserably. 

Guest wilyfox

Maybe if Chansiri ran the club properly, recruited a manager, and some players, local media wouldn’t go off half coćked and fill in the blanks leaving fans misinformed. Get tha foók on with it! 

4 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Ill happily post it again. 

Alan Biggs

@AlanBiggs1

Sometimes you hear things in confidence & can’t say. Frustrating but can confirm when somebody else does. Just as reported by

@nancyfrostick

, I understand there WAS a short-term deal on the table for Paul Cook at #SWFC. That’s as far as it went.

6:11 PM · Jan 27, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Who did he hear it in confidence from but couldn't reveal it? 

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What about Biggs, a close contact of Cook verifying the fact an offer was on the table? 

The offer was seemingly made by Alonso, someone who had no position to make an offer but you criticised Chansiri for the offer. 

Yes because what on earth is Chansiri doing letting someone like Alonso make the offer in the first place?

It’s his club. His responsibility. DC confirmed last month he was an adviser. It’s not completely unreasonable for Biggs, Frostwick or Cook to assume that Alonso is contacting managers on behalf of the club. 

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I never said anyone says he lying.   He gets slagged off when he doesn't speak and he gets slagged off when does.   Just gets ripped to pieces whatever he does.   

I take your point as you put it here.

As I said in another response, the post I replied to suggests that fans automatically disbelieve him, which in turn implies that they think he's lying. I said I wasn't aware of anyone on this thread saying that he lied at the time I posted. I don't want to wrong anyone and I'll apologise if I have. Please re-read what I responded to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Alan Biggs

@AlanBiggs1

Sometimes you hear things in confidence & can’t say. Frustrating but can confirm when somebody else does. Just as reported by

@nancyfrostick

, I understand there WAS a short-term deal on the table for Paul Cook at #SWFC. That’s as far as it went.

6:11 PM · Jan 27, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Who did he hear it in confidence from but couldn't reveal it? 

Not Paul Cook. They’ve got mutual friends he said it in a tweet over Christmas.

Cook was reportedly offered a short term deal at Cardiff days before the story leaked about the same supposedly

happening with Wednesday.

My betting from the start has been Chinese whispers. 

Or of course it all came from Chansiri’s self named advisor. 

Edited by NeonLeon
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yes because what on earth is Chansiri doing letting someone like Alonso make the offer in the first place?

It’s his club. His responsibility. DC confirmed last month he was an adviser. It’s not completely unreasonable for Biggs, Frostwick or Cook to assume that Alonso is contacting managers on behalf of the club. 

On what basis do you think Chansiri allowed Alonso to make an offer? 

9 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Those two things have no relevance to each other.

You can think offering Cook a short term deal is bad thing, and also refute Chansiri’s claim that Cook has told people he’d been offered it.

Absolutely bizarre. Must be on the wind up. 

He’s just trying to catch me out. He’s been at it all day. He’s making zero sense. 

On what basis do you think Chansiri allowed Alonso to make an offer? 

I don’t know if he did or not. The fact that Alonso is even in a position to be talking to managers on behalf of Sheffield Wednesday is absolutely ridiculous.

It shouldn’t be happening if the chairman doesn’t want it to happen. 

• Like 2

I would put it this way if we had Paul Cook in charge of team and transfers or DC and Paixao who do you think would get best results.

Well I will not be paying £10 to watch games anymore. I have seen enough rubbish and until Chansiri realises he has made one hell of a balls up and this is entirely because he has relied on a fart or collection of farts around him for advice. Whilst ever they are present we will not succeed in anything.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

Not Paul Cook. They’ve got mutual friends he said it in a tweet over Christmas.

Cook was reportedly offered a short term deal at Cardiff days before the story leaked about the same supposedly

happening with Wednesday.

My betting from the start has been Chinese whispers. 

Or of course it all came from Chansiri’s self named advisor. 

Chinese whispers?

Biggs tweeted about Cook nearly every day. He is a Chesterfield fan and works in football media. He will have got close to Cook on that basis and if it was through a mutual friend then he will have made sure he knew what was being said and not got us mixed up with a Cardiff offer.

I am not for one minute saying this reflects well on Chansiri but he gets hammered for allegedly offering Cook a contract then he gets hammered when he states there was never an offer. 

Chinese whispers?

Biggs tweeted about Cook nearly every day. He is a Chesterfield fan and works in football media. He will have got close to Cook on that basis and if it was through a mutual friend then he will have made sure he knew what was being said and not got us mixed up with a Cardiff offer.

I am not for one minute saying this reflects well on Chansiri but he gets hammered for allegedly offering Cook a contract then he gets hammered when he states there was never an offer. 

No one is hammering Chansiri for stating he never made an offer. Where have you drawn that conclusion from?

People are slating Chansiri for blasting someone in public (again) and calling them unprofessional for saying something they didn’t actually say.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Chansiri's advisor sounded out Cook, explained the role, remit and  a contract to the end of the season. That's probably as far as it went if Cook looking for a longer contract or assurances over footballing matters, unless Chansiri indicated to his advisor that conditions were to change.

I don't think Cook has been unprofessional, in fact complimentary when asked questions about us.  I don't see quotes from him in any of the stories put out by the Athletic and picked up by others in terms of an offer.

I think Chansiri is out of order, can have an issue with the media who reported, but not a job applicant.

Edited by striker
  • Like 3