Chansiri calls Paul Cook ‘unprofessional’

23 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Perhaps letting it get out that he was offered a 4-month contract when he seemingly wasn't interviewed for the job is perhaps unprofessional? 

Not interested in conjecture.

There’s only one person who comes out looking unprofessional. It’s not Paul Cook. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

At the time we were debating an article by The Athletic (a reputable source of info) that Cook was offered a short term deal. If this was the case, I believe it was completely ridiculous to offer Cook a short term deal.

Now more info has come to light it appears that this may not be true. And the journalist may have been sold a dud. Nancy Frostwick is a very bright young journalist and I and many other had every reason at the time to believe it to be true. 

We were discussing Cook being offered a short term deal in the context of the thread and the information we had at the time. It’s how a forum works. 

What has come to light that makes the article you believed and were heavily critical of the club for two days ago suddenly become untrue? Nothing suggests that the Athletic got the information from Alonso, as you say yourself, she is a reputable journalist and will have checked the validity of her sources. When the article broke Biggs, who is very close to Cook due to Chesterfield connections, came out and said he had first hand information that supported this. 

9 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Is he discounting him for talking to the press ?  Or is he discounting him for putting it out there with Alonso , Frostick and Biggsy that he’s spoken to DC when he clearly hasn’t , and turned down a contract that was never offered ?  

This!

In Chansiri I still trust!

D-Owlstalk coming soon!

:Chansiri:

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Cant' get it out of my head how Chansiri calling people out in the media, calling them unprofessional etc after they've gone (or turned down a job here) is identical to the way Donald Trump went about his business in the whitehouse when he fired one of his staff too

You should have more respect for two extremely successful businessmen lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

I said he’s lied.

Because he has.

The post I replied to suggests that fans automatically disbelieve him. That's not saying that he lied. Please re-read what I responded to.

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What has come to light that makes the article you believed and were heavily critical of the club for two days ago suddenly become untrue? Nothing suggests that the Athletic got the information from Alonso, as you say yourself, she is a reputable journalist and will have checked the validity of her sources. When the article broke Biggs, who is very close to Cook due to Chesterfield connections, came out and said he had first hand information that supported this. 

Biggs also said any potential offer came from Alonso not the club.

14 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He didn’t say this on Sky. He said it on Talksport and didn’t once directly say it in relation to Sheffield Wednesday. 

He gave a professional answer to the broadcaster. It doesn’t take a genius to work out he might have been saying it about SWFC. But the fact remains he didn’t explicitly say it about SWFC. 

Talksport then, that’s obviously much better and makes loads of difference....

“if you want to manage one of these good clubs you have to be able to manage. If you’re not allowed to manage you’re an employee and not a manager”

He was asked about SWFC and that was a response which was hardly generic positive or even straight bat and it didn’t need to be made. Just take the positive approach, with no thinly veiled criticisms and say no more and then that is professional. Anything else can be construed otherwise as much as you will continue to deny it.

On a related note. Someone along the line has been releasing stuff to the media about Cook being interviewed, supposedly offered a job short term. Talks happening and not continuing.  

there were even comments from PC himself in the star about a job he wasn’t getting. Relatively harmless other than  PR. But I’d question whether that comment was necessary also. Not seen many managers linked do that here in the past 

More generally and not There has been a lot of divisive actions in social media around this topic which is weird. 

As it has panned out neither party has come across particularly well and criticism cannot be levelled solely at one party. But the SWFC output is more our concern. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Cant' get it out of my head how Chansiri calling people out in the media, calling them unprofessional etc after they've gone (or turned down a job here) is identical to the way Donald Trump went about his business in the whitehouse when he fired one of his staff too

2DAAB548-96D1-4C0C-9C54-403BB6C3D520.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 3