Chansiri calls Paul Cook ‘unprofessional’

1 hour ago, Onge said:

He really needs to stop with the "I'm the victim" mentality. It's not a good look - and it's about time he accepted some responsibility for the mess we're in...

He's a victim of his own incompetence and stupidity

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I never said anyone says he lying.   He gets slagged off when he doesn't speak and he gets slagged off when does.   Just gets ripped to pieces whatever he does.   

If he said here’s the new manager and he’s a well respected forward looking coach we wouldn’t. If he explained a detailed vision for the club and practical approach to getting there we wouldn’t. Pointless public spats deserve criticism. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

So that thread you started along those lines then...........with that title, pure coincidence? 

Getting boring now mate. I know what Cook was hinting at. We all do. But Cook never actually said that Chansiri doesn’t let managers manage. He gave a political answer to a question he was asked in an interview.

I don’t think that justified Chansiri going to the media and calling Cook unprofessional and putting our name in the headlines for the wrong reasons - yet again.

Let’s stop now yeah. I can tell what you’re doing and it’s starting to wind other posters up. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I know what he said mate. He certainly hinted at it. But he never once said ‘Chansiri doesn’t let managers manage’. He simply didn’t say it. 

Well of course he didn’t air the chairman personally, because no ones that stupid, but cmon mate, we all know what he meant. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Getting boring now mate. I know what Cook was hinting at. We all do. But Cook never actually said that Chansiri doesn’t let managers manage. He gave a political answer to a question he was asked in an interview.

I don’t think that justified Chansiri going to the media and calling Cook unprofessional and putting our name in the headlines for the wrong reasons - yet again.

Let’s stop now yeah. I can tell what you’re doing and it’s starting to wind other posters up. 

Find it funny that load's on here posting about what he did and didn't say but would bet hardly any listened to that talksport 2 programme he actually made them on 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Find it funny that load's on here posting about what he did and didn't say but would bet hardly any listened to that talksport 2 programme he actually made them on 

I bet Chansiri didn’t. Yet here we are in the infancy of a public spat between an owner and an out of work manager. 

Edited by NeonLeon

1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

I listened to it. I think you could tell he what he was hinting at. But if you weren’t a Wednesday fan you probably wouldn’t have given that comment a second thought. He was actually very complimentary about Wednesday on the whole and spoke very well. Sure he was probably sweet talking for the job. But certainly don’t think he deserved to be called unprofessional in the press by our chairman. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

If he said here’s the new manager and he’s a well respected forward looking coach we wouldn’t. If he explained a detailed vision for the club and practical approach to getting there we wouldn’t. Pointless public spats deserve criticism. 

If that would be the case but I seriously doubt it.  To many just ready to jump all over the place to give him a verbal kicking.  

If I was him I would make no comment at all but there comes a point where he feels that he needs to defend himself.  I think a great many posters on OT would probably do the same if in a similar position, but as you allude to it usually adds fuel to the fire. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If that would be the case but I seriously doubt it.  To many just ready to jump all over the place to give him a verbal kicking.   

Litearlly all your posts are about people criticising the chairman now

In a season where we've got a 6 point deduction due to mismanagement, are on our third or fourth manager of THIS SEASON, where we have no strikers, where our fans haven't had their season ticket money refunded, where we have no manager, where he's just called our fans 'bad customers', where we are in the bottom three and heading for relegation and we've sold our stadium

Come on...l

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I’d like to respond with 1 request and   2 questions. 
1-Please provide one single piece of proof that Paul Cook states he has spoken to DC and was offered a contract. I’ll help you here. Proof would be a direct quote from Paul Cook and not a journalist report. 
2-Assuming DC has not spoken to Paul Cook:  Is it , in your opinion , professional for a football club owner not to speak to a credible applicant for the vacant managers position a month after sacking the previous manager whilst the club remains in the relegation zone and the transfer window is about to close. 

Cook, Biggs and Frostick have been suckered in by Alonso who’s clearly a chancer but people will choose to believe him over the owner regardless, totally accept there isn’t a direct quote however when he has spoke publicly I find it very to hard to believe he’s wasn’t referring to the job here , and all but said the things Chansiri highlighted today

My opinion,  that’s it 

All depends who DC thinks is credible for the job,  I’d have accepted Cook as a decent option if he’d gone down that route but he hasn’t , we don’t know who he’s talking to so until we do it’s hard to say wether he’s been unprofessional in not giving cook an interview 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

In a season where we've got a 6 point deduction due to mismanagement, are on our third or fourth manager of THIS SEASON, where we have no strikers, where our fans haven't had their season ticket money refunded, where we have no manager, where he's just called our fans 'bad customers', where we are in the bottom three and heading for relegation and we've sold our stadium

Come on...l

Ok

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I listened to it. I think you could tell he what he was hinting at. But if you weren’t a Wednesday fan you probably wouldn’t have given that comment a second thought. He was actually very complimentary about Wednesday on the whole and spoke very well. Sure he was probably sweet talking for the job. But certainly don’t think he deserved to be called unprofessional in the press by our chairman. 

Was a clear hint if you were a Wednesday fan. But agree in general maybe not taken that way. But for following few days was widely reported in local press strongly suggesting it was abou swfc, Biggs still banging on today about "letting manager manage". Alonso posting about same issue straight after his radio comments all adds up.

Maybe DC not just meaning those comments but in general about other things we may not know about?

Just now, @owlstalk said:

In a season where we've got a 6 point deduction due to mismanagement, are on our third or fourth manager of THIS SEASON, where we have no strikers, where our fans haven't had their season ticket money refunded, where we have no manager, where we are in the bottom three and heading for relegation and we've sold our stadium

Come on...l

There you go again with your facts. :biggrin:

Comments associated with Cook were completely unprofessional. Did he actually say them and do I believe he did, no.

Alonso, muppet and the epitome of unprofessional.

But....DC is the kettle calling the pot black. No chairman should have said some of the things he said in his last press conference. The important thing is actions speak louder than words. Sign a f00k1n manager please.....