Chansiri calls Paul Cook ‘unprofessional’

Just now, Brian said:

I take your point as you put it here.

As I said in another response, the post I replied to suggests that fans automatically disbelieve him, which in turn implies that they think he's lying. I said I wasn't aware of anyone on this thread saying that he lied at the time I posted. I don't want to wrong anyone and I'll apologise if I have. Please re-read what I responded to.

You are a gentleman I have no quarrel with anyone on OT I just see it as a debate, if that is what it really is . 

Say something out of line then you have to suffer abuse from some very high profile posters who should know better.  

I see so much illogical arguments and that's what stirs me. 

Some fans say whatever they like about DC, should DC reply in kind then  the same fans find that out of order,.  What is good for the goose should be good for the gander.

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Reminds when i saw a gang of skinheads kicking a Pakistani lad, just because they could. 

Someone put a laughing emoji (smiley) on this post.

I feel disappointed

32 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Is he discounting him for talking to the press ?  Or is he discounting him for putting it out there with Alonso , Frostick and Biggsy that he’s spoken to DC when he clearly hasn’t , and turned down a contract that was never offered ?  

I’d like to respond with 1 request and   2 questions. 
1-Please provide one single piece of proof that Paul Cook states he has spoken to DC and was offered a contract. I’ll help you here. Proof would be a direct quote from Paul Cook and not a journalist report. 
2-Assuming DC has not spoken to Paul Cook:  Is it , in your opinion , professional for a football club owner not to speak to a credible applicant for the vacant managers position a month after sacking the previous manager whilst the club remains in the relegation zone and the transfer window is about to close. 

• Like 1

If someone did try to engineer an appointment without the nod to do so (no idea if that’s the case) I’m not sure they can be stopped you the owner of a club other than having it fall flat when it comes to a real decision? 

Maybe this happens a lot in football but doesn’t play out on twitter, sky and talksport 

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No one is hammering Chansiri for stating he never made an offer. Where have you drawn that conclusion from?

People are slating Chansiri for blasting someone in public (again) and calling them unprofessional for saying something they didn’t actually say.

Not sure why my last post of this got deleted so I will try again.

How do you know what Cooke did or didn't say? Chansiri held initial talks with him, what then got out into the press, he will have been aware of what they discussed in relation to it. 

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

You are a gentleman I have no quarrel with anyone on OT I just see it as a debate, if that is what it really is . 

Say something out of line then you have to suffer abuse from some very high profile posters who should know better.  

I see so much illogical arguments and that's what stirs me. 

Some fans say whatever they like about DC, should DC reply in kind then  the same fans find that out of order,.  What is good for the goose should be good for the gander.

Thank you, and I do apologise if I did you a disservice. I look forward to future good-spirited debates!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Alan Biggs

@AlanBiggs1

Sometimes you hear things in confidence & can’t say. Frustrating but can confirm when somebody else does. Just as reported by

@nancyfrostick

, I understand there WAS a short-term deal on the table for Paul Cook at #SWFC. That’s as far as it went.

6:11 PM · Jan 27, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Who did he hear it in confidence from but couldn't reveal it? 

Alonso is my guess, but Biggs could ease a lot of the squabbling between concerned fans on here if he said it was either Alonso, a trusted source from within the club or Cook himself. Even if it’s from Cook is doesn’t necessarily constitute a genuine offer if it’s come from Alonso when he doesn’t have the authority to make the offer.

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No one is hammering Chansiri for stating he never made an offer. Where have you drawn that conclusion from?

People are slating Chansiri for blasting someone in public (again) and calling them unprofessional for saying something they didn’t actually say.

Paul Cook made these comments after holding talks about the job

You should know, you started the thread. 

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

Alonso is my guess, but Biggs could ease a lot of the squabbling between concerned fans on here if he said it was either Alonso, a trusted source from within the club or Cook himself. Even if it’s from Cook is doesn’t necessarily constitute a genuine offer if it’s come from Alonso when he doesn’t have the authority to make the offer.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not sure why my last post of this got deleted so I will try again.

How do you know what Cooke did or didn't say? Chansiri held initial talks with him, what then got out into the press, he will have been aware of what they discussed in relation to it. 

Honestly you’re getting lost now. Chansiri has come out and said he’s never actually spoke to Cook. So your claim Chansiri held initial talks with him is false. 

I know what Cook said because I listened to the interview ffs. He never said Chansiri doesn’t let managers manage. He certainly hinted at it, but he never once actually said it.

For DC to call Cook unprofessional and go off on a rant in the media about something he didn’t actually say is quite something. 

Funny that DC made no reference to the fact Cook was incredibly complimentary about the club and was flattered by the interest.

1 hour ago, PeakOwl said:

...and any lingering hopes I had of Chansiri finally getting his head out of his arse and appointing Cook disappear instantly...

We really are f00ked.

Think your spot on..thought cook could have got us back,in a year or 2 on an even keel,dont see where we go from here,manager wise..

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Paul Cook made these comments after holding talks about the job

You should know, you started the thread. 

I know what he said mate. He certainly hinted at it. But he never once said ‘Chansiri doesn’t let managers manage’. He simply didn’t say it.