Steve Bruce

That Newcastle team shouldn’t be struggling as badly as they are, there are some quality players in there. Listening to some Newcastle fans podcasts and YT channels and I feel terrible for them having to put up with the dross I’m seeing in the highlights.

Bruce looks like he’s lost but doesn’t want to resign because he’ll supposedly get a £1.5 Mill payout, Mike Ashley won’t sack him because he’ll have to spend more money on a club he wants to sell.

Its a bad situation that is quickly spiraling for them. Bruce wanted to leave us, that’s fine, his choice.

After the great start he’d made in settling us down and almost getting us into playoff contention He could have made himself a hero at Wednesday and I was fully behind him until he gave *that* interview about the Newcastle link.

He’s getting all the derision and pellets he deserves now.

• Like 1

Nobody can blame Bruce from running a mile from us once he saw how badly we are run.

His problem is he ran into another clusterfook.

He'll pick a couple of million up for his troubles though. No sympathy. Looks to me like he's trying to get himself the sack and paid off.

He was in bucket list mode when he joined us. The cricket thing, he did seem to have an affinity with SWFC so that was ticking a box too until a more meaningful opportunity arose at NUFC.

I thought his dealings in the summer there were shrewd with wilson and Fraser coming in and they had some results early on so what is happening now is a surprise.

I don’t think he’s achieved that much more or less than Rafa though and one was the messiah and the other is disliked. The issue is the attitude of the owner at the club. 

58 minutes ago, Wor’Jackie said:

That Newcastle team shouldn’t be struggling as badly as they are, there are some quality players in there. Listening to some Newcastle fans podcasts and YT channels and I feel terrible for them having to put up with the dross I’m seeing in the highlights.

Bruce looks like he’s lost but doesn’t want to resign because he’ll supposedly get a £1.5 Mill payout, Mike Ashley won’t sack him because he’ll have to spend more money on a club he wants to sell.

Its a bad situation that is quickly spiraling for them. Bruce wanted to leave us, that’s fine, his choice.

After the great start he’d made in settling us down and almost getting us into playoff contention He could have made himself a hero at Wednesday and I was fully behind him until he gave *that* interview about the Newcastle link.

He’s getting all the derision and pellets he deserves now.

Yes, old Ten Bellies is on the end of some verbals.

I have no time whatsoever for Bruce but it is clear COVId impact on the squad has had a massive issue up there. A few of their better players havent recovered properly and that has really impacted them.  I wouldn’t want Andy Carroll up front here never mind in the premier league.  He makes Adthe look like the 18 year old Michael Owen.

It's a tough one. I have an issue with him following the way he left us but at the same time it was a Premier League job he got offered and not only that it was his boyhood club. The chance would arguably have never come again and he had to take it. But again, it still gets to me and I'd still look at him at the snake who dumped us. 

On the other hand with the emotions put aside he's arguably the most experienced available manager out there (if he does get sacked) who I genuinely believe would be our best bet of actually moving forward 

10 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Why are people on here so bitter about the fact he left us to go and manage his boyhood club? 

I mean, in a way I actually feel sorry for him considering the two owners he’s had to work under

Why do you think?...The Bruce 'love' on here is unreal.....you give your word,you keep it...Bruce's antics could have got us relegated,put your time & effort into your own Club mate,where it belongs...(respectfully,not personal).He allegedly took the **** from day one,sent right said Fred 2 to manage in his absence,& the way we set out against Chelsea in the cup under them was beyond embarrassing.(& a **** take of the fans who traveled down to watch their team play attack & defence,rather than try to compete)

13 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

Not a prayer the big dirty snake. His career finished when sacked from them 

He’s still the best manager we’ve had for nearly 30 years. 
And he will breeze into another job.

Had was turning things around nicely here until he stabbed us in the back. 

19 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Why are people on here so bitter about the fact he left us to go and manage his boyhood club? 

I mean, in a way I actually feel sorry for him considering the two owners he’s had to work under

It's not being bitter at all. It is called being realistic. He acted toward Chansiri, our club and, by extension, us, the fans disgracefully.  There is such a thing as human decency and integrity. We allowed him time off to watch sodding cricket, and allowed him to dictate his own terms, then he stabs us in the back at a sensitive time for the club.  He didn't care much for his boyhood club when he went to their bitterest rivals. he could have had the pick of clubs but he chose to manage Sunderland.  

No, i wouldn't have him here if he offered to do it for nothing. Some things are more important to me than football. Integrity, decency and keeping faith with people who have done the same for you are 3 of them.