Club statement. Fans engagement

Guest Grandad

The best fan engagement the club could do right now - to leave fans with a better impression of the club - is f****g refund everybody thats waiting

22 hours ago, ANDY said:

Sheffield Wednesday are pleased to announce details of a revised approach to supporter engagement.

Having implemented numerous variants down the years and more recently via meetings with the newly formed Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Trust, the new strategy aims to form the basis of structured, communal engagement across a range of fans’ groups.

The club will put clear building blocks in place for the short and long term, with the aim to foster transparent dialogue with supporters of all demographics.

Moving forward, we will develop a panel primarily formed from established SWFC supporter groups with whom we are in contact, made up of but not limited to:

East Midlands Owls
London Owls
Owls Americas
Proud Owls
Sheffield Owls Disabled Association
Sheffield Wednesday Supporters’ Trust
South West, South Wales Sheffield Wednesday Supporters
Wednesdayite
Wednesday Ladies
West Midland Owls
Wise Old Owls

In addition, we also wish to ensure that every age group is represented so if you are under 20, 20-30, 30-40, 40-50, 60-70, 70-80 and interested in being part of this project, please email website@swfc.co.uk

The selection process will be dependent on the number of enquiries received, with a ballot to follow if necessary.

Meetings will take place with one representative from each group present, prior to which we will host an introductory gathering this Saturday, 23 January at 1.30pm, via Zoom.

Thereafter, meetings will have an agreed agenda and an overview will then be signed off and distributed to the wider fan base through all available platforms.

Meetings will take place face to face when it is safe to do so.

Our over-arching aim is to reach out and engage with as many of our supporters as possible from all age groups, both domestically and overseas, and we firmly believe this modified strategy will lay firm foundations for ongoing fan engagement.

Ask yourselves why this is necessary before you start wagging your tails and running circles around your masters feet! Good grief! This really is pathetic in my mind. What kind of reception did the open letter to Chansiri get again?

You can hear his more diplomatic advisors now, "Oh please Mr Chansiri sir, please don't say anything else to the press about the fans holding the club back".

"Oh please Mr Chansiri, this will make them feel better, they get to moan again and tell us what they don't like and of course we don't have to listen, or do anything they ask, but it does give them the feeling of empowerment. I read it in "Healthy", and "Cosmo" and it's trending right now, so all will be fine very soon, Mr Chansiri sir".

"No sir Mr Chansiri sir, you cannot call your next manager, errr your head coach, whipping boy sir, the English public don't like that kind of thing sir".

"No sir, this is definitely not the time to introduce the red and gold away strip for next season sir..."

Chansiri will not be changing his mind about any of the major decisions right now, so do not go getting your hopes up. He only employed Pulis so that he could show everybody that English coaching styles are rubbish, although he could perhaps take Cook on for three or four games before sacking him just to emphasise that point, but hell, who cares what flavour pies we sell at the ground right now? Will he get rid of Alonso bonzo, because he never took any notice when his dealings through Paixo were so heavily criticised, so what really is the point in telling him, or his beleaguered staff in person? His people follow social media and know what we have been saying about the way things have been done at the club, during his ownership, but they do not even have the decency to repay loyal fans that forked out money for season tickets they could not use two years ago! The trust had a meeting with the club about that back in November! They had another meeting with Trevor Braithwaite early December and still had to write the open letter after that! If it takes three big messages to the club just to get them to come up with a supporter engagement strategy, then they can stick it in where the sun don't shine!

Telling the fans that they will consider our concerns and discuss mutually beneficial outcomes, is not the same as taking positive action and getting the ball rolling. That could have been done quite simply by the communications manager actually putting out informative news stories once or twice a week that actually tell us the important things that we want to know. He could start by answering all the points in the letter from the trust, in his own words and then if that upsets his boss he can get the sack and we will all know exactly where we stand, instead of having to bandy weasel words with slime tongued snakes and see pathetic childish graphics with cheap sentiments and open hands, waiting for the fans to become engaged enough to cough up more money for them to fritter away. It's all enough to make you physically sick. When d!cks like Trump can be president of America and idiots like Chansiri and his set of sycophantic clowns can run our club into the ground with barely a whimper from the fans I realise what my nan meant when she used to say, "the sights you see, when you haven't got your gun"! She was a lovely gentle lady, who never owned a gun, but she knew more than these chumps ever will. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I would suggest everybody responds to club website and state what they require from this. I would urge everyone to be polite.

To me communication from club is not working and actions are dysfunctional.

They may start to get the message.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, blueandwhitematt said:

Not to turn this into another advisors thread, but basically the main thing we need clarifying is about their role(s) at the Club.  The whole advisors thing can be boiled down to 2 questions to me, of which the second depends on how they answer the first.

1) Is DC the sole client of the advisor(s) he employs in a personal capacity to advise on SWFC ?

If the answer is yes:

2a) Then why are they not employed directly by the Club and formally made a part of the structure, and why the secrecy/nervousness about disclosing what they do for the Club?

If the answer is no: 

2b) Then how can you be as confident as is reasonably possible that the advice you are receiving is wholly in the best interests of SWFC as the first priority, and what steps are taken to mitigate against the risk that this may not be the case?

Whether another one of these fan engagement exercises would get to the bottom of this, I don't know.  I doubt it - we're 6 years into the DC project and there is a tremendous reluctance to properly get this clarified.  And the frustrating thing is the advisor model by itself isn't a problem, but how we have decided to go about it seems open to all sorts of potential conflicts of interest - or it has at least created the vacuum where this can be considered a possibility.  Proper well-intention fan engagement, where as said above answers aren't given on a "it stays in this room/between you and me" basis, is a start though.  

Yes, another very good question that we would all like to hear the answer to. 

I have another question and it is a very simple one, but I suspect that the honest answers would then lead to a whole host of other questions, possibly asked by people from the EFL, FIFA the FA and the inland revenue. 

WHERE HAS ALL THE MONEY REALLY GONE?

We have allegedly overspent by goodness know how many millions of pounds, but where has every single penny gone? Our accounts are not transparent they never have been

The reason that most Wednesdayites are so untrusting of our current owner and his "advisors", is that they have dragged the club down into unimaginable depths of debt, appearing to spend vast millions of pounds, selling the ground, etc with only a small fraction of that money actually invested in the current team and squad. Why can so many Championship clubs function normally and compete at a higher level, with squads bristling with talent, yet we spend bucket loads over a five year period yet we have less than £20M worth of talent at the club, and that figure is much higher than the actual worth of the players because it is based on what we spent on them and not what they were actually worth at the time or are worth now.

Looking at both sides of this, there could be some perfectly logical explanations that prove beyond doubt that Chansiri has just been fleeced left right and centre by everybody that he has been in contact with in the world of football (I don't think the elephants are really made of gold either), but if so what does that say about his ability to run a football club? In his defence I do not believe he could really be so stupid, as to lose all that money, but then, what would that make him?

• Like 2

To those who say its a waste of time expressing discontent on social media,or similar,its the Chairmans Club, fans opinions dont matter & so on............Why do you think at this time this is happening?

Without 'fans/supporters' there is no product to sell on,& look at the Clubs playing to no crowds now......a vital piece of the jigsaw is missing..

Supporters in general and allegedly at S6 in particular,have been taken for granted...& ignored...

17 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Ask yourselves why this is necessary before you start wagging your tails and running circles around your masters feet! Good grief! This really is pathetic in my mind. What kind of reception did the open letter to Chansiri get again?

You can hear his more diplomatic advisors now, "Oh please Mr Chansiri sir, please don't say anything else to the press about the fans holding the club back".

"Oh please Mr Chansiri, this will make them feel better, they get to moan again and tell us what they don't like and of course we don't have to listen, or do anything they ask, but it does give them the feeling of empowerment. I read it in "Healthy", and "Cosmo" and it's trending right now, so all will be fine very soon, Mr Chansiri sir".

"No sir Mr Chansiri sir, you cannot call your next manager, errr your head coach, whipping boy sir, the English public don't like that kind of thing sir".

"No sir, this is definitely not the time to introduce the red and gold away strip for next season sir..."

Chansiri will not be changing his mind about any of the major decisions right now, so do not go getting your hopes up. He only employed Pulis so that he could show everybody that English coaching styles are rubbish, although he could perhaps take Cook on for three or four games before sacking him just to emphasise that point, but hell, who cares what flavour pies we sell at the ground right now? Will he get rid of Alonso bonzo, because he never took any notice when his dealings through Paixo were so heavily criticised, so what really is the point in telling him, or his beleaguered staff in person? His people follow social media and know what we have been saying about the way things have been done at the club, during his ownership, but they do not even have the decency to repay loyal fans that forked out money for season tickets they could not use two years ago! The trust had a meeting with the club about that back in November! They had another meeting with Trevor Braithwaite early December and still had to write the open letter after that! If it takes three big messages to the club just to get them to come up with a supporter engagement strategy, then they can stick it in where the sun don't shine!

Telling the fans that they will consider our concerns and discuss mutually beneficial outcomes, is not the same as taking positive action and getting the ball rolling. That could have been done quite simply by the communications manager actually putting out informative news stories once or twice a week that actually tell us the important things that we want to know. He could start by answering all the points in the letter from the trust, in his own words and then if that upsets his boss he can get the sack and we will all know exactly where we stand, instead of having to bandy weasel words with slime tongued snakes and see pathetic childish graphics with cheap sentiments and open hands, waiting for the fans to become engaged enough to cough up more money for them to fritter away. It's all enough to make you physically sick. When d!cks like Trump can be president of America and idiots like Chansiri and his set of sycophantic clowns can run our club into the ground with barely a whimper from the fans I realise what my nan meant when she used to say, "the sights you see, when you haven't got your gun"! She was a lovely gentle lady, who never owned a gun, but she knew more than these chumps ever will. 

But apart from that, you think it's a great idea? 

• Haha 1

Sorry about this, it is on a broader subject, but one that affects clubs all over the world, who are forking out vast amounts of money to people who step into the world of football purely to milk it for all it is worth. I believe that our club is suffering from the effects of these issues and without some stable leadership that ignores bribes, or to to give them a nicer name maybe; backhanders, fringe benefits, favours, mutually beneficial business arrangements etc, nothing will be done about it.

The corruption in football goes so deep that FIFA were somehow encouraged by certain people to drop the regulation of football agents! How the hell did that get approved? Who made those decisions and why? Everybody involved in such decisions should have their financial situations very closely looked because ever since then, because although promises were made by FIFA every year after that fateful day, I cannot find anything telling us that the agent regulations have been put back in place! I wonder what has been holding things up? I am guessing it is money again. Put in the wrong hands for the wrong reasons. It really has to stop.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45643965 (comments relating to George Hirst are interesting)

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/2020/09/29/fifa-challenged-at-court-by-porto-in-football-leaks-case/114163410/ Agents interests are not just in part owning players

https://www.newindianexpress.com/sport/football/2020/nov/06/fifa-aims-to-regulate-footballagents-shine-light-on-fees-2220128.html Similar to our club, FIFA are still promising action, only 5 YEARS AFTER REMOVING THE REGULATIONS (I wonder why, €€$££$)!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I doubt the club would engage on here tbh..Too many home truths spoken, and not nearly enough sycophancy

Too many  idiots and lies as well. Why would any owner listen to anyone on here when vast majority pleaded for Jordan Rhodes and since then has been castigated for signing him.

• Haha 2

It makes you wonder though, whether back in December 2010, if things could have taken a different turn where would we be now? I daresay we would have had a slightly more turbulent time, but would be much worse off that we are now or may we actually be better off?

Mandaric jumped in, saved us and did a deal which probably made him a few bob, but in the end his eagerness to get out of the club (and make a few bob) seemed to take over from his stated intent to leave us in safe hands. The only thing between him selling us to Mammadov was the ratification procedure which thankfully spared us 

These two stories really highlight how close we were to disaster on a couple of occasions, but is our current situation moving us away from, or closer to another potential disaster?

Winding up order postponed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_wed/9195973.stm

Hafiz Mammadov, the owner of French top-flight club Racing Lens, has completed his takeover of English Championship outfit Sheffield Wednesday.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/soccer-azerbaijani-businessman-buys-sheffield-wednesday-162042881--sow.html

On 20/01/2021 at 17:05, ANDY said:

Meetings will take place with one representative from each group present, prior to which we will host an introductory gathering this Saturday, 23 January at 1.30pm, via Zoom.

Has there been any feedback from this?