Club statement. Fans engagement

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's not negativity for the sake of it though

This is about the 912352472th time the club have done this

Ask anyone (anyone) who has ever been involved in any of these things over the years and they will all without exception tell you the same story

To me it's not a positive to announce that they're doing this  (AGAIN - and again when the season ticket sales are about to happen)

To me the club should start with

• Immediately refunding all the season ticket requests that are still outstanding nearly a year later
  • Publish the accounts,
  • Tell us what the FOOOOK is going on with these advisors
  • Tell us what the plan is for the football club
  • Appoint a new (and brilliant) manager
  • Hire a CEO and listen to them and let them do their job

None of that needs a fans communication group - none of it

After the above points have been done THEN introduce a fans communication group and never ever ever EVER cancel them off again like this chairman has repeatedly done since he got here, only to pull the idea back out of the 'shiiiiit.... we have to sell season tickets... what can we do to get onside quickly with our fans?' cupboard

Like I say though ask ANY person who went to any of these things before and listen to what they tell you

Bang on the mark !!!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

With what? It's nothing new

doesn't like Owlstalk

Keep thinking

it's all PR

This

Been done to death

NO HE WILL NOT

This

This, but won't happen

It's pointless when you come away non the wiser

PR

Eh?  really?

Eh? Really?

This

This

This, and said meetings were pointless

110%

It's been done to death

In Chansiri world  the last sentence is nonsense 

It really isn't

PR in full flow

I think this is pretty much accepted now.

We've only gone one way, but yeah.

Fantastic is not the word I'd use

Excellent idea, he won't listen

This

He's a great guy

Hard to interpret but I take it from this that you won't be getting involved! 

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

To be fair to him he answered this question in the Q&A with Dom Howson. In relation to Paixao/Doyen. He was pretty clear with it:

‘I used Doyen in an advisory capacity when I first bought our club and they were helpful to me. Amadeu Paixao was a consultant at Doyen because I did not know a lot about the football business but it is now five years later and I have learned a lot about every part of football. Amadeu came with me as my personal adviser and club consultant, he has been a big person for me.

I can tell you that Doyen or their new company have no involvement in our club at all and Doyen have not been involved for some time. 

Doyen have never held an interest in a single Sheffield Wednesday player or held any investment in the club. There is no contract with Doyen, there is no payment owed if we get promoted, nothing. 

Amadeu has no business with them either, he has never taken our players to Doyen. I hope this will finally draw a line beneath this subject.’

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-owner-dejphon-chansiri-17954113#r3z-addoor

Not sure what else he can say? Whether you believe that or not is up to you. But what i will say, is while Paixao is involved with the club and given no official accountability by the club - people will always speculate and question his influence. If DC really wants to nip this in the bud, he should give Paixao some accountability for the advice he gives. 

Still doesn't explain what his roll is and whether or not he has a specific paid position at the club. It states he is the owners personal advisor yet he has previously stated how influential he has been in some of our more positive transfers. He is not listed at all on the club website. He has been pictured numerous times at games and also within team meetings sat next to the manager.

You start your last paragraph by asking what else can he say? Then you answer your own question by saying he should give him some accountability.  

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Still doesn't explain what his roll is and whether or not he has a specific paid position at the club. It states he is the owners personal advisor yet he has previously stated how influential he has been in some of our more positive transfers. He is not listed at all on the club website. He has been pictured numerous times at games and also within team meetings sat next to the manager.

You start your last paragraph by asking what else can he say? Then you answer your own question by saying he should give him some accountability.  

It would be most interesting to find out how he's renumerated

Is he paid a retainer
Or a salary
Or bonuses?
Or commission?
Is he on a percentage deal?
etc etc

However he makes money from this deal is he negatively affected if the club fails?

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

It is not a fans engagement group we need.

It is a club engagement policy with the fans. It is obvious things are awry at club and steps need to be taken to put this right. you should not need telling the policy we have pursued regarding player and manage recruitment are not working as well as they should. I do not believe for one minute DC has taken all player and manager decisions himself. Who ever has recommended these actions needs to be highlighted and let them explain publicly why sch an action was recommended.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DeeJayOne said:

Oh, another thing...

When these meetings do occur, don’t make them all secretive and have people sign NDAs or say they can’t mention this information outside of those room.

1) that never works and the jungle drums pass on the information anyway, and

2) if questions are being raised in there, they are being raised publicly... answer them publicly, openly and honestly.

This is key.

The group is created and supposedly taken from groups that are representative of the fan base as a whole. On this basis nothing should then be kept secret from reporting back, it completely undermines the process. 

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I said what else can he say in relation to rumours that Paixao has some kind of investment in the club. He has made it clear he does not. That answer confirms it. If you choose to believe that or not, it’s up to you. 

Why he doesn’t have an official club role is a different question and one which I don’t think DC has been pressed on before. 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It would be most interesting to find out how he's renumerated

Is he paid a retainer
Or a salary
Or bonuses?
Or commission?
Is he on a percentage deal?
etc etc

However he makes money from this deal is he negatively affected if the club fails?

I'll be honest, I can't see questions like that being answered, they haven't been to this point.

It concerns me that we have an advisor who has worked with us(but seemingly not exclusively for us given that he is not listed as a prominent employee) since this regime commenced but the club has never seen the need to define his role.

Then news breaks a few weeks ago of an apparently new advisor coming on board and we then learn that he has been involved for around a year.

Such advisors don't tend to provide advice for free. I would have to ask why we are paying for external advice from different sources when from the outside looking in, it seems as though our most successful and productive transfer dealings occurred when we had a committee that were direct employees of the club.  

Guest mrbluesky
29 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Hard to interpret but I take it from this that you won't be getting involved! 

Been there, done that x3.

19 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

the owners personal advisor

I have three personal advisors that I turn to regularly...non have paid roles in my life or my work when I worked...but I trust their input whenever there are important decisions I have to make...

PS... my wife is saying she wants paying from now on 🤣

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I have three personal advisors that I turn to regularly...non have paid roles in my life or my work when I worked...but I trust their input whenever there are important decisions I have to make...

PS... my wife is saying she wants paying from now on 🤣

I'm sure your Wifes advice is far better than the Paxos ! lol

• Like 1