Club statement. Fans engagement

18 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Personally I think this is a step in the right direction but a lot of fans are so far gone that they will never see anything good in what The Owner says or does and will always look for the cynical angle  

WTF

This is blatant PR ahead of the accounts coming out and the club's next season ticket push

FFS

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad

If you really want to know whether the new group is worthwhile, it can all be sorted with one question at the start.
In the accounts that are 10 months overdue, what is the club's loss?
If it's going to be open and honest there should be no problem answering 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

What would you say on the call?

I wouldn’t be critical to commence as it’s important to open constructive dialogue.

ive worked football. I did 15 years in the Premier League and a year with the FA and have ideas on what works, what doesn’t, how to overcome the obstacles, importance of fan engagement, lose them and you lose your club ( footballs unique, it’s tribal. You don’t lose a fan and replace it with a customer, your customers/fans choose you, you don’t choose them). I use customer by the way as that’s how we were referred to and it’s a big mistake.

I have been on fan committees and listened to people with different ideas, everybody has good ideas but not all work but it’s important to investigate as times change and so do spend patterns, interests and cultures.

id offer to work with the club (time permitting) as I now have a business to run.

id obviously ask how the club intend to repair the damage caused without expecting massive financial outlays in the current economic environment, how they propose to get fans involved whilst ever they can’t visit the ground. 

commercial revenues need re-opening. The gaff about boxes don’t make money is utter tripe. Yes match days might appear to be giving things away but it’s all about speculating to accumulate. Merchandise is rubbish and needs improving drastically. 

communication needs to improve and be regular and to the masses. Make everyone part of the family. Make them feel valued.

I could go on but he won’t invite me as I’ll have said everything on here 😀

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, ANDY said:

Sheffield Wednesday are pleased to announce details of a revised approach to supporter engagement.

Having implemented numerous variants down the years and more recently via meetings with the newly formed Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Trust, the new strategy aims to form the basis of structured, communal engagement across a range of fans’ groups.

The club will put clear building blocks in place for the short and long term, with the aim to foster transparent dialogue with supporters of all demographics.

Moving forward, we will develop a panel primarily formed from established SWFC supporter groups with whom we are in contact, made up of but not limited to:

East Midlands Owls
London Owls
Owls Americas
Proud Owls
Sheffield Owls Disabled Association
Sheffield Wednesday Supporters’ Trust
South West, South Wales Sheffield Wednesday Supporters
Wednesdayite
Wednesday Ladies
West Midland Owls
Wise Old Owls

In addition, we also wish to ensure that every age group is represented so if you are under 20, 20-30, 30-40, 40-50, 60-70, 70-80 and interested in being part of this project, please email website@swfc.co.uk

The selection process will be dependent on the number of enquiries received, with a ballot to follow if necessary.

Meetings will take place with one representative from each group present, prior to which we will host an introductory gathering this Saturday, 23 January at 1.30pm, via Zoom.

Thereafter, meetings will have an agreed agenda and an overview will then be signed off and distributed to the wider fan base through all available platforms.

Meetings will take place face to face when it is safe to do so.

Our over-arching aim is to reach out and engage with as many of our supporters as possible from all age groups, both domestically and overseas, and we firmly believe this modified strategy will lay firm foundations for ongoing fan engagement.

Why does everything have to be so ******** complicated.

And why are we being referred to as fans again does the club need our money. 😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, King_Monkey said:

I wouldn’t be critical to commence as it’s important to open constructive dialogue.

ive worked football. I did 15 years in the Premier League and a year with the FA and have ideas on what works, what doesn’t, how to overcome the obstacles, importance of fan engagement, lose them and you lose your club ( footballs unique, it’s tribal. You don’t lose a fan and replace it with a customer, your customers/fans choose you, you don’t choose them). I use customer by the way as that’s how we were referred to and it’s a big mistake.

I have been on fan committees and listened to people with different ideas, everybody has good ideas but not all work but it’s important to investigate as times change and so do spend patterns, interests and cultures.

id offer to work with the club (time permitting) as I now have a business to run.

id obviously ask how the club intend to repair the damage caused without expecting massive financial outlays in the current economic environment, how they propose to get fans involved whilst ever they can’t visit the ground. 

commercial revenues need re-opening. The gaff about boxes don’t make money is utter tripe. Yes match days might appear to be giving things away but it’s all about speculating to accumulate. Merchandise is rubbish and needs improving drastically. 

communication needs to improve and be regular and to the masses. Make everyone part of the family. Make them feel valued.

I could go on but he won’t invite me as I’ll have said everything on here 😀

Yeah, yeah, yeah.... Do you want to buy a Club 1867 membership or not!?

• Haha 1

How many times are the club going to restart fan engagement from the start again?

I think this is the fourth or fifth time in the last decade?

Just.... you know... engage with fans... and keep going with it.

And make it meaningful, with an accepted, pre approved plan of how feedback is to be delivered, accepted and acted upon.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

How many times are the club going to restart fan engagement from the start again?

I think this is the fourth or fifth time in the last decade?

Just.... you know... engage with fans... and keep going with it.

And make it meaningful, with an accepted, pre approved plan of how feedback is to be delivered, accepted and acted upon.

Exactly

People getting all excited about this 'new' strategy is like people getting giddy when the ice cream man pulls up after not driving round there for a few months and says 'right - I'm doing something new from now on. I"m going to be selling ice creams'

Everyone on the street 'that's a great initiative - well done' 'great news this can only be positive' 'well done that man. this is exactly what we needed'

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

People getting all excited about this 'new' strategy is like people getting giddy when the ice cream man pulls up and says 'right - I'm doing something new from now on. I"m going to be selling ice creams'

lol

It's fair to be cautious, but what you're saying is that essentially the club can't do anything right on account of having foooked it up before.

Personally, I want DC out. But it's nice to see they're at least trying to give it a go..

Edited by bobness

1 minute ago, bobness said:

but what you're saying is that essentially the club can't do anything right on account of having foooked it up before. 

No it isn't at all

It's saying 'put something in place, make it work, really care and invest in it, and dont' keep stopping and starting it when season ticket sales times comes up and claiming it's new and exciting when you do'

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

People getting all excited about this 'new' strategy is like people getting giddy when the ice cream man pulls up after not driving round there for a few months and says 'right - I'm doing something new from now on. I"m going to be selling ice creams'

Everyone on the street 'that's a great initiative - well done' 'great news this can only be positive' 'well done that man. this is exactly what we needed'

lol

But it's gone up a quid from last time I was here.

😁😁😁😁😁

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

lol

We've been promised 99's and all we get after all the excitement is a soggy wafer

• Like 1