Club statement. Fans engagement

I think it would be a good idea for those invited to try and come together and really focus on a couple of major issues.

For me personally it would be;

The recruitment structure and how targets are identified.

Season ticket refunds / prices

The financial situation of the club and a long term sustainable plan.

These meetings the club will expect on how to make the matchday experience better for the fans, the best way to improve matchday experience? win football matches! 

• Like 2

Guest Grandad

I'd much rather they announce a new manager. It's been 3 weeks. Or some players that can dig us out of the relegation crap. 

Revamping the old steering group that met for 2 years without actually achieving anything at all won't keep us up

chansiri gets a lot of knocks but he paid all staff when covid started how many other clubs did that? he paid for all staff to go to wembley for playoff final , has had zero income in nearly a year and is funding club otherwise club would have gone under by now and he does talk to supporters not many clubs owners do that . thats not to say that his advisers are toilet and the club on the pitch and off could be going to a very dark place. 

Guest Grandad
Just now, morganowl said:

chansiri gets a lot of knocks but he paid all staff when covid started how many other clubs did that? he paid for all staff to go to wembley for playoff final , has had zero income in nearly a year and is funding club otherwise club would have gone under by now and he does talk to supporters not many clubs owners do that . thats not to say that his advisers are toilet and the club on the pitch and off could be going to a very dark place. 

Call me old fashioned but I'd much rather he paid the players the club relies on as well

Guest mrbluesky

The talking has to stop, DC’s problem is he talks too much, he's running this club like a circus, I fail to see what the difference is with this new initiative, we've had these meetings already, seems everyone has forgotten that.

The new format will consist of;

Fans asking questions

Chairman answers with long-winded replies

Fans none the wiser

6 hours you'll never get back

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS

"Roll up, roll up, come in and watch the Chansiri show!"

I think that some of the responses to the statement  just shows how far The Owner has fallen out of favour 

Personally I think this is a step in the right direction but a lot of fans are so far gone that they will never see anything good in what The Owner says or does and will always look for the cynical angle 

sad reflection on the way it’s gone since Wembley 

56 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

*cough* just in time for season ticket renewal date *cough*

*cough* where's the accounts? *cough*

SEASON TICKET RENEWAL!!!!!!!!!!

Everyones got 2 on the f.ookin' go anyhow!.....The ones who haven't are awaiting refunds for the ones they had!!!

Thats gonna be sodding ridiculous....When they ring you up...

Briiing Briiiiiiiiiing"

"Hello"

"Is that asteener"

"yes that is a name I go by"

"This is Sheffield Wednesday ticket office"

" Yes I gathered that...I heard crying in the background"

"We are wondering if you would like to renew your season ticket"

"Which one?..." Last years that went towards getting this years..or this years which I already paid for?"

"err...another one......for another year"

"Which year"

"The year after the last one"

"Already got it"

"Erm....then can we re sell you a ummm  past years one"

"What???!!!

"Crikey..errr...how about a 1991 refurb"

"Refurb?..what happens?

"We win the rumbelows...umm but Atkinson stays?????....or a 1929/30 one one..we had a reight seaso....Hello.....Hello????

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, morganowl said:

And priced so many fans from going to watch the team !!! 
don’t be taken in by it all 

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Hard to argue with that.

With what? It's nothing new

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

No owlstalk on the list. 

doesn't like Owlstalk

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Good news. I think. 

Keep thinking

1 hour ago, Hitcat said:

All sounds pretty positive.. is this Erik's doing do you think?

it's all PR

1 hour ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I’ve spotted the typo. It should have read “customer engagement”.

This

1 hour ago, striker said:

Good news, communication between fans and the club is a positive thing. 

Been done to death

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

Fan engagement is all good but will DC listen?

And I always find with these things that someone will complain about the lack of hot water in toilets rather than the core issues at the club, mainly a lack of direction, a lack of a short, medium and long term plan, recruitment strategy and improving results!

NO HE WILL NOT

1 hour ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Got carnage written all over it.

This

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Let's just see what happens. 

It's a start. But why does the sad old barsteward cynic in me think it's just a way to
get people kissing Chansari's backside again and making him feel good about himself.

What's needed is real change and real transparency

not threats to sue by someone who doesn't really exist, yet does, at the club.

This, but won't happen

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

We shall wait and see.

Hopefully it is a positive step.

I actually think the social media side of the club has really stepped up in the last few seasons, but the club itself has been so poor in properly communicating with it's fans on even a semi-regular basis.

The occasional press conference rant from Chansiri does not suffice.

It's pointless when you come away non the wiser

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Think this is the club realising exactly what Chansiri has done in his last couple of rants

PR

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Credit where it's due, good initiative and long overdue 👍

Eh?  really?

1 hour ago, King_Monkey said:

Long overdue, very welcome.

think I’ll apply.

Eh? Really?

The club didn't need to introduce a 'new' strategy. They could have continued with the ones they used to do but dropped.

I"m not getting excited whatsoever about this until I see the results of it and what Chansiri comes out with (if he's involved)

This

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

think it's a smoke and mirrors exercise and the mirrors already cracked

This

He did.

We used to have regular fan meetings with the club

Chansiri cancelled em

This, and said meetings were pointless

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Am I the only one thinking this will just end up with chansiri having yet another mad rant at supporters. 

110%

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

Any initiative to engage with the fanbase has to be seen as a positive.

It's been done to death

Exactly why they shouldn't have cancelled them all and sacked it off

Our fans ARE the club no matter what the Chairman might suggest

In Chansiri world  the last sentence is nonsense 

1 hour ago, akbuk said:

Excellent idea well done 

It really isn't

57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

*cough* just in time for season ticket renewal date *cough*

*cough* where's the accounts? *cough*

PR in full flow

49 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

He micro manages every aspect of the club, of course he’s involved and it was his idea.

I think this is pretty much accepted now.

48 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

Great move by DC and the club. Onwards and upwards uto

We've only gone one way, but yeah.

46 minutes ago, timrud said:

Fantastic move by the club - nice to see even the fringe groups like the newly formed supporters trust got a look in

Fantastic is not the word I'd use

17 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I think it would be a good idea for those invited to try and come together and really focus on a couple of major issues.

For me personally it would be;

The recruitment structure and how targets are identified.

Season ticket refunds / prices

The financial situation of the club and a long term sustainable plan.

These meetings the club will expect on how to make the matchday experience better for the fans, the best way to improve matchday experience? win football matches! 

Excellent idea, he won't listen

11 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I'd much rather they announce a new manager. It's been 3 weeks. Or some players that can dig us out of the relegation crap. 

Revamping the old steering group that met for 2 years without actually achieving anything at all won't keep us up

This

8 minutes ago, morganowl said:

He's a great guy

Just now, Grandad said:

Call me old fashioned but I'd much rather he paid the players the club relies on as well

he has, do you seriously think clubs championship and lower are all upto date paying there players? there going to fall like a pack of cards by summer