Club statement. Fans engagement

Guest mrbluesky
9 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

Good luck to anyone else who gets to do this.

I was part of the Steering Group and it was the biggest waste of time. At least these ones will be done over zoom to start with so no danger of not getting home till gone midnight after hours of going round in circles 🙄🙄

This will only work if it’s not just lip-service by DC. He actually has to want to work alongside us, take on board what we have to say,  understand where we’re coming from and, most importantly, take some action from it. 

I don’t hold out much hope though

8 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

These have always been a waste of time, simply because they ARE lip service.

It needs formalising with a published structure:-

• How feedback will be delivered
  • How feedback will be received
  • How often the meetings will occur
  • How that will feedback will then be recorded, processed and acted upon, including timeframes for investigating issues and implementing change
  • How the actions will be published and widely communicated

A 'constitution' of sorts should be implemented and full meeting minutes should be published in a timely fashion.

Then STICK TO IT!

8 hours ago, timrud said:

The club take a positive step and its met with a tidal wave of negative nigels

Read above, go to one of the meetings, I guarantee you'll become a "Nigel"

But, for the moment, you just keep being you, Comical Ali.

8 hours ago, timrud said:

The club take a positive step and its met with a tidal wave of negative nigels

It's not negativity for the sake of it though

This is about the 912352472th time the club have done this

Ask anyone (anyone) who has ever been involved in any of these things over the years and they will all without exception tell you the same story

To me it's not a positive to announce that they're doing this  (AGAIN - and again when the season ticket sales are about to happen)

To me the club should start with

• Immediately refunding all the season ticket requests that are still outstanding nearly a year later
  • Publish the accounts,
  • Tell us what the FOOOOK is going on with these advisors
  • Tell us what the plan is for the football club
  • Appoint a new (and brilliant) manager
  • Hire a CEO and listen to them and let them do their job

None of that needs a fans communication group - none of it

After the above points have been done THEN introduce a fans communication group and never ever ever EVER cancel them off again like this chairman has repeatedly done since he got here, only to pull the idea back out of the 'shiiiiit.... we have to sell season tickets... what can we do to get onside quickly with our fans?' cupboard

Like I say though ask ANY person who went to any of these things before and listen to what they tell you

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

10 hours ago, fpowl said:

I’d like somebody to getting to the bottom of these advisors it’s a very vague role 

what are they advising on 

how much influence do they have on certain matters 

can they be available for a q&a

can you give a successful project or piece of business they have advised on 

How do you benchmark their success 

what are their opinions on DOF and chief executives 

do you think the advice you have received has given you success 

do you think you have the right advisors around you 

why do you feel 6 years in charge you still need advisors 

do you have any British advisors who knows the business 

do you have any advisors with experience or wellbeing close to Sheffield wednesday 

...are any of these advisors formally involved in the ownership structure and/or funding of the club in any capacity that is not commonly understood and under what terms can their services be dispensed with?

Chansiri is very sensitive about that one for some reason.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

...are any of these advisors formally involved in the ownership structure and/or funding of the club in any capacity that is not commonly understood and under what terms can their services be dispensed with?

Chansiri is very sensitive about that one for some reason.

To be fair to him he answered this question in the Q&A with Dom Howson. In relation to Paixao/Doyen. He was pretty clear with it:

‘I used Doyen in an advisory capacity when I first bought our club and they were helpful to me. Amadeu Paixao was a consultant at Doyen because I did not know a lot about the football business but it is now five years later and I have learned a lot about every part of football. Amadeu came with me as my personal adviser and club consultant, he has been a big person for me.

I can tell you that Doyen or their new company have no involvement in our club at all and Doyen have not been involved for some time. 

Doyen have never held an interest in a single Sheffield Wednesday player or held any investment in the club. There is no contract with Doyen, there is no payment owed if we get promoted, nothing. 

Amadeu has no business with them either, he has never taken our players to Doyen. I hope this will finally draw a line beneath this subject.’

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-owner-dejphon-chansiri-17954113#r3z-addoor

Not sure what else he can say? Whether you believe that or not is up to you. But what i will say, is while Paixao is involved with the club and given no official accountability by the club - people will always speculate and question his influence. If DC really wants to nip this in the bud, he should give Paixao some accountability for the advice he gives. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

To be fair to him he answered this question in the Q&A with Dom Howson. In relation to Paixao/Doyen. He was pretty clear with it:

‘I used Doyen in an advisory capacity when I first bought our club and they were helpful to me. Amadeu Paixao was a consultant at Doyen because I did not know a lot about the football business but it is now five years later and I have learned a lot about every part of football. Amadeu came with me as my personal adviser and club consultant, he has been a big person for me.

I can tell you that Doyen or their new company have no involvement in our club at all and Doyen have not been involved for some time. 

Doyen have never held an interest in a single Sheffield Wednesday player or held any investment in the club. There is no contract with Doyen, there is no payment owed if we get promoted, nothing. 

Amadeu has no business with them either, he has never taken our players to Doyen. I hope this will finally draw a line beneath this subject.’

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-owner-dejphon-chansiri-17954113#r3z-addoor

Not sure what else he can say? Whether you believe that or not is up to you. But what i will say, is while Paixao is involved with the club and given no official accountability by the club - people will always speculate and question his influence. If DC really wants to nip this in the bud, he should give Paixao some accountability for the advice he gives. 

Yeah, I remember reading that and I still have no idea if it's true or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's not negativity for the sake of it though

This is about the 912352472th time the club have done this

Ask anyone (anyone) who has ever been involved in any of these things over the years and they will all without exception tell you the same story

To me it's not a positive to announce that they're doing this  (AGAIN - and again when the season ticket sales are about to happen)

To me the club should start with

• Immediately refunding all the season ticket requests that are still outstanding nearly a year later
  • Publish the accounts,
  • Tell us what the FOOOOK is going on with these advisors
  • Tell us what the plan is for the football club
  • Appoint a new (and brilliant) manager
  • Hire a CEO and listen to them and let them do their job

None of that needs a fans communication group - none of it

After the above points have been done THEN introduce a fans communication group and never ever ever EVER cancel them off again like this chairman has repeatedly done since he got here, only to pull the idea back out of the 'shiiiiit.... we have to sell season tickets... what can we do to get onside quickly with our fans?' cupboard

Like I say though ask ANY person who went to any of these things before and listen to what they tell you

Never been to a steering group under DC, heard from a couple of people who have been that they were a pointless exercise though. And plenty on here have said it was a case of just going round in circles with very little achieved.

5 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Yeah, I remember reading that and I still have no idea if it's true or not.

To ease doubts, Paixao should be public facing. He’s been involved with the club for almost 6 years now in some way or another. Pre-Covid he could be seen at every game. He’s been pictured with the team in the hotel pre-game. He is still offering advice to the chairman and is apparently helping with the appointment of a new manager.

Don’t know why we don’t give him an official role, if he is working as DC’s personal adviser and trying to help the club. 

My question would be: considering Amadeu Paixao is still acting as an adviser to the club, could he be given an official club role and be public facing to ease fans concern and build a better relationship between himself and the fanbase?

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

To ease doubts, Paixao should be public facing. He’s been involved with the club for almost 6 years now in some way or another. Pre-Covid he could be seen at every game. He’s been pictured with the team in the hotel pre-game. He is still offering advice to the chairman and is apparently helping with the appointment of a new manager.

Don’t know why we don’t give him an official role, if he is working as DC’s personal adviser and trying to help the club. 

My question would be: considering Amadeu Paixao is still acting as an adviser to the club, could he be given an official club role and be public facing to ease fans concern and build a better relationship between himself and the fanbase?

1) What is he responsible for

2) How have we done under his advice?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist

These things never work because of the type of fan who goes to them..usually brown noser types who just want to get out of the house for a few hours..they actually clapped and cheered when dc told them if we want lower prices we would end up with a team like sheff utd (when utd wer on the march to the pl)..these meetings will NEVER achieve anything😫

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

1) What is he responsible for

DC has already kinda answered that though in the Howson interview in the link I posted above. 

I think it’s clear Paixao is highly thought of by the chairman and he trusts him to help with the running of the club. Therefore, I think questions should now be based around how we can build a better relationship between the adviser and the fanbase. The whole fanbase is skeptical of him because of his previous links and the fact he holds absolutely no accountability for the advice he’s given. 

Let’s get to know the man behind the advice! He might be a proper sound guy who is working hard to help the club. But the mystery surrounding him is proving to be a huge distraction and damaging the relationship between the club and the fanbase. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Let’s get to know the man behind the advice! He might be a proper sound guy who is working hard to help the club. But the mystery surrounding him is proving to be a huge distraction and damaging the relationship between the club and the fanbase. 

1) What is he actually personally responsible for

3) How much are we paying him

Owlstalk Shop

Oh, another thing...

When these meetings do occur, don’t make them all secretive and have people sign NDAs or say they can’t mention this information outside of those room.

1) that never works and the jungle drums pass on the information anyway, and

2) if questions are being raised in there, they are being raised publicly... answer them publicly, openly and honestly.

• Like 4

Not to turn this into another advisors thread, but basically the main thing we need clarifying is about their role(s) at the Club.  The whole advisors thing can be boiled down to 2 questions to me, of which the second depends on how they answer the first.

1) Is DC the sole client of the advisor(s) he employs in a personal capacity to advise on SWFC ?

If the answer is yes:

2a) Then why are they not employed directly by the Club and formally made a part of the structure, and why the secrecy/nervousness about disclosing what they do for the Club?

If the answer is no: 

2b) Then how can you be as confident as is reasonably possible that the advice you are receiving is wholly in the best interests of SWFC as the first priority, and what steps are taken to mitigate against the risk that this may not be the case?

Whether another one of these fan engagement exercises would get to the bottom of this, I don't know.  I doubt it - we're 6 years into the DC project and there is a tremendous reluctance to properly get this clarified.  And the frustrating thing is the advisor model by itself isn't a problem, but how we have decided to go about it seems open to all sorts of potential conflicts of interest - or it has at least created the vacuum where this can be considered a possibility.  Proper well-intention fan engagement, where as said above answers aren't given on a "it stays in this room/between you and me" basis, is a start though.  

• Like 4