The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

42 minutes ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Can see most of our squad being cheap loan signings, or players who have been released by league 1/2 clubs, as we can't afford to pay players. Massive rebuild. Next season is just about staying up. 

I'm sure Paxo will have a few gems lined up for us, whether the manager wants them or not 

League one free agents.

Reece Burke 24 yr old central defender with decent pedegree, just won promotion with Hull but a free agents in June. Should we lose Lees or sell Iorfa a cheap replacement who will get better.

Reece James, free agents attacking left back at Donny, former Man Utd youth player, 43 games this season, 7 goals and 2 assists a bit like Reach but with ability. An improvement on what we have

James Husband decent left back free agents currently helping Blackpool try and win promotion, solid defensively, an improvement on anything we currently have at the club.

Josh Scowen defensive central midfielder for Sunderland played 43 games this season so good fitness in a very demanding season and good quality defensive midfield know his job and helped Sunderland make the play off, an improvement on Pelupessy and will cost less than the £12k a week he is reportedly on.

chuks Aneke, free agents striker at MK Dons, 15 goals last season from 36 games, play with Scott Fraser who is also a great attacking midfielder, if we have funds he would be my replacement for Bannan should we cash in.

Charlie Wyle score 25 goals in 43 league games for Sunderland this season and surprisingly could be a free agents come June. At 28 and 6ft 3" could be the physical striker we need for DM  4-2-3-1 formation.

just a few example of possible free agents in league one. I wonder will we be looking at players like these or will we focus on the tried and tested of over the hill, under performers. Or will we finally wake up and bring in players we need that will improve what we have but not break the bsnk.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

When you look at the money we have wasted on loan signing under DC it's criminal when you see youth players leaving because the club won't pay the few grand a week they want.

as you mention Turner, £30-40k a week on Mcmanman who started 1 game, Butterfield, Onamah, Lazaar, Aarons, Bates, Day Cruz, Wickham, Brown, Marriott, Flint.

I can think of lopez,  Hector and Venancio being the only decent loans we have had, not including the loans we made into permanent in the first season and even Venancio did not play for 6 months because Carlos didn't like him.

This season on Flint, Brown and Marriott in the region of £2m wasted on players to add nothing to the club other than more debt. But Shaw and probably Urhoghide will leave because they want a fraction of what we have wasted on loans.

Only loan players I want to see at SWFC anytime soon are young and hungry players, not injury prone players or those who cannot get into their teams who have no match fitness, we cannot afford to keep wasting millions on loans and letting our young talent leave.

Sasso is about the only other one I can think of. Crazy to think Venancio may have been available yet we hung on and then bought JVA.

8 hours ago, room0035 said:

League one free agents.

Reece Burke 24 yr old central defender with decent pedegree, just won promotion with Hull but a free agents in June. Should we lose Lees or sell Iorfa a cheap replacement who will get better.

Reece James, free agents attacking left back at Donny, former Man Utd youth player, 43 games this season, 7 goals and 2 assists a bit like Reach but with ability. An improvement on what we have

James Husband decent left back free agents currently helping Blackpool try and win promotion, solid defensively, an improvement on anything we currently have at the club.

Josh Scowen defensive central midfielder for Sunderland played 43 games this season so good fitness in a very demanding season and good quality defensive midfield know his job and helped Sunderland make the play off, an improvement on Pelupessy and will cost less than the £12k a week he is reportedly on.

chuks Aneke, free agents striker at MK Dons, 15 goals last season from 36 games, play with Scott Fraser who is also a great attacking midfielder, if we have funds he would be my replacement for Bannan should we cash in.

Charlie Wyle score 25 goals in 43 league games for Sunderland this season and surprisingly could be a free agents come June. At 28 and 6ft 3" could be the physical striker we need for DM  4-2-3-1 formation.

just a few example of possible free agents in league one. I wonder will we be looking at players like these or will we focus on the tried and tested of over the hill, under performers. Or will we finally wake up and bring in players we need that will improve what we have but not break the bsnk.

Posts like this fill me with the excitement of an 80s kid going through the Argos catalogue. 

That’s 6 great shouts for the combined wage of one Jordan Rhodes. Players who have proved they can do it at that level, most young enough to have resale value too. 

I’d far prefer a squad of this ilk than having anyone being a martyr and stopping with us on 15-25k per week. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, malek said:

Didn't do great at Rochdale I'm afraid, got dropped after he made his ROI debut.

He's 19. He has time on his side. He was has all the raw attributes and I bet will improve fast. Just rather it was here then elsewhere. Heard a few times mentioned we need a new GK coach. Anyone have any insight on Weaver. Perhaps that's the issue. With Banzu I'd think he could lite the fire under our two. Would love to see it.

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Jordan Graham and Connor Ogilvie both turned down contract offers at Gillingham so are now free agents.

Id be going for them both.

Jordan Graham was a talent before injury at Wolves. Don’t know what shape he’s in these days. Very similar in style to Green though. Do we need a carbon copy?

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Jordan Graham was a talent before injury at Wolves. Don’t know what shape he’s in these days. Very similar in style to Green though. Do we need a carbon copy?

Stayed fit all year for Gills & got plenty of goals and assists. Green on one wing and Graham on the other could be interesting.

However it looks like Birmingham are in for Graham.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Jordan Graham and Connor Ogilvie both turned down contract offers at Gillingham so are now free agents.

Id be going for them both.

Seen Ogilvie play a few times and looks a really decent left back.................apparently Pompey are interested.

Are we actually allowed to sign anyone ??............................or will DC,s dealings once again leave us scrabbling around for scraps in August

12 hours ago, room0035 said:

chuks Aneke, free agents striker at MK Dons

I’ve seen Chuks on a few lists now. I had a look at him on the interweb and he looks perfect as your standard issue L1 target man. 6ft 3, strong as an Ox, can pick out a pass, can take free kicks. Can run though, but you can’t have everything!

Someone like this with Windass + 1 other as the front three are what you need in L1 IMO. 

• Like 1

Bristol City have had a huge clear out;

Released
Hakeeb Adelakun
Nathan Baker
Famara Diédhiou
Rene Gilmartin
Jack Hunt
Henri Lansbury
Adrian Mariappa
Jamie Paterson
Tommy Rowe
Liam Walsh
Marley Watkins

Walsh would be a cracking signing, was one of the stand out players when Coventry got promoted from League One. 

1 minute ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Bristol City have had a huge clear out;

Released
Hakeeb Adelakun
Nathan Baker
Famara Diédhiou
Rene Gilmartin
Jack Hunt
Henri Lansbury
Adrian Mariappa
Jamie Paterson
Tommy Rowe
Liam Walsh
Marley Watkins

Walsh would be a cracking signing, was one of the stand out players when Coventry got promoted from League One. 

Marley Watkins is the only one on there who would maybe be realistic. Rest will get contracts in the championship. 

1 minute ago, FlyingOwl said:

Marley Watkins is the only one on there who would maybe be realistic. Rest will get contracts in the championship. 

Dunno about that 

Adelakun isn’t championship standard, Tommy Rowe is a league one player , can see Jack Hunt dropping down aswell 

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So looks like Hutchinson will be staying after triggering his contract extension. 

If we play him at CB and as occasional cover in midfield then that’s not a bad thing IMO. The big thing for Hutchinson is can he keep fit. After years of problems he’s come back and hasn’t had any injuries at all. It’s paying for players to be sat of the treatment table that kills us. If he keeps fit he will be a good L1 centre back for a year at least.