The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

Haven't seen much of Callum Morton this season, but at Northampton last year, he looked very impressive.Has the technical ability to play much higher. Looked an intelligent footballer...probably suited to playing alongside somebody rather than leading the line however.

Hasn't played too many games this season. Missed September through to February, so I assume he picked up an injury. But, he'd be a player than I think could be a very shrewd signing, and given Moore's connections at WBA, it's a very valid suggestion. 

I'd also look to the right back Kyle Knoyle at Cambridge. Just achieved promotion to League One, playing as an attacking full back in a 4-3-1-2 formation. Played every single game, and would be a HUGE upgrade to Palmer (let's face it...who isn't!). 24 year old, ex-West Ham academy graduate, who appears to be out of contract in the summer.

Nathaneal Ogbeta at Shrewsbury is another really exciting prospect. Left back, who can play all the way down the left hand side, who is explosive. Full of running, and the type of athlete that could thrive, if given the opportunity to develop technically. Given his style of play, I'd be amazed if this lad isn't playing in the Championship within the next couple of seasons. Would probably cost a modest fee, but given his skill set, he could make his next club A LOT of money.

• Like 6

Huddersfield Town and Ipswich Town have offered contracts to Jordan Rhodes as they race to sign him on a free transfer from Sheffield Wednesday, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

The 31-year-old has less than two months remaining on his contract at Hillsborough and is set to become a free agent this summer.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that both clubs have tabled three-year deals to the prolific striker in a bid to secure his services.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Huddersfield Town and Ipswich Town have offered contracts to Jordan Rhodes as they race to sign him on a free transfer from Sheffield Wednesday, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

The 31-year-old has less than two months remaining on his contract at Hillsborough and is set to become a free agent this summer.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that both clubs have tabled three-year deals to the prolific striker in a bid to secure his services.

Fair play if he gets a 3 year deal at 31. 

Thinking tactically, I hope he goes to Huddersfield. Could be a serious player in L1 under Paul Cook. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Thats the L1 team of the season apparently. 

Don't think so. I believe it is a team made out of players with highest average rating on site Whoscored.com

2 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

May have been covered already, but is that Vadine Oliver that was on our books at one point, up front for Gillingham?

Yes.

Came in the same group as Liam Palmer. Neither looked most talented from that lot.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, malek said:

Yes.

Came in the same group as Liam Palmer. Neither looked most talented from that lot.

Thanks Malek - just had a look and this is his most prolific season at 17 goals, he's 29 years old.

• Like 1

Oliver has been a late developer but he looked excellent this time last year at Northampton in the playoffs. An old fashioned and unselfish target man but the goals have arrived. Given we were skint or unneappeling with -12 I thought someone like him or Bowman from Exeter might add a bit of the steve Howard’s for us last season. I’d certainly take a look in league one. We need to win the physical battles 

Emyr Hugues released by Ipswich only 27 still.

The year we made playoff final he looked really good on loan at Huddersfield. Remember Westwood pulling off a world class save to deny him in that epic 3-2 game vs them same season.

It is always one of them, you ask if Ipswich released him why would we want him etc. At 27 he has time to reignite his career. He is a decent player imo and played for his country. Good on the ball.