The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

12 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Marley Watkins is the only one on there who would maybe be realistic. Rest will get contracts in the championship. 

I think you’ll be surprised. 

Guest wilyfox
8 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Where's this from mate ? 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Joe Crann on twitter

And now Dom Howson reporting it too

35 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Bristol City have had a huge clear out;

Released
Hakeeb Adelakun
Nathan Baker
Famara Diédhiou
Rene Gilmartin
Jack Hunt
Henri Lansbury
Adrian Mariappa
Jamie Paterson
Tommy Rowe
Liam Walsh
Marley Watkins

Walsh would be a cracking signing, was one of the stand out players when Coventry got promoted from League One. 

We ought to give Nigel a call and ask if any could do a job for us in L1. Familiar name there JH. 

14 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

We ought to give Nigel a call and ask if any could do a job for us in L1. Familiar name there JH. 

We’re linked with Henri Lansbury. 

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

by whom?

Media in Bristol and a few ‘rumour’ pages on Twitter. 

Was brilliant in the championship for forest a few years ago. Massively lost his way. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

He’d be a terrible signing. We never learn. 

I don’t know, a midfield pairing of Lansbury and Bannan would be very strong. Backed up by FDB and a couple of other squad CM’s I’d be more than happy with that. 

At 17 he was brightest English prospect I've ever seen in that age group. At 25 thought that he completely lost his way and interest in football, got worst since. I would stay well clear of him.

Hope that we have ambition to sign and scouts capable of recommending young players on their way up in a bid to rebuild our playing squad.

Again, Marc Leonard at 19 ticks all the boxes. Huge potential that could start games with us in League one right away, available on free transfer, wouldn't command huge wages, would probably be the best passer of the ball at the club, etc... Closest that we will get to success that we had with signings Glenn Whelan and Chris Brunt in last 15 years.

• Like 3

Guest wilyfox
10 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Media in Bristol and a few ‘rumour’ pages on Twitter. 

Was brilliant in the championship for forest a few years ago. Massively lost his way. 

He’s exactly the type I want us to avoid. Forest & Villa have had his best years.

I don’t want us to repeat the mistakes Irvine made last time we dropped, signing washed-up has-beens like Teale, Sedgwick, and Morrison. Steer well clear of Lansbury. Let someone else provide a home for him.

Most of these "Free agents" that people mention have not been released, they have come to the end of their contracts, because their agents have bigger better moves lined up.

We will struggle to attract young players that have had a successful season in league one, unless a Championship move is not on the cards for them.

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

He’s exactly the type I want us to avoid. Forest & Villa have had his best years.

I don’t want us to repeat the mistakes Irvine made last time we dropped, signing washed-up has-beens like Teale, Sedgwick, and Morrison. Steer well clear of Lansbury. Let someone else provide a home for him.

You make a really good point. I remember the recruitment last time and on paper we looked unreal. Unfortunately we’d have probably finished mid table in the Sheffield over 35’s league.