The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

6 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Emyr Hugues released by Ipswich only 27 still.

The year we made playoff final he looked really good on loan at Huddersfield. Remember Westwood pulling off a world class save to deny him in that epic 3-2 game vs them same season.

It is always one of them, you ask if Ipswich released him why would we want him etc. At 27 he has time to reignite his career. He is a decent player imo and played for his country. Good on the ball.

Used to be really good player, but many, many injuries took the lot out of him. Used to be a big fan but would stay well clear from him now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, malek said:

Used to be really good player, but many, many injuries took the lot out of him. Used to be a big fan but would stay well clear from him now.

Ah, wasn’t aware of his injury issues that may explain why he’s in League 1 as like you say he looked very promising 4 or so years ago. We do need to try and stay clear of any players with injury issues.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Ah, wasn’t aware of his injury issues that may explain why he’s in League 1 as like you say he looked very promising 4 or so years ago. We do need to try and stay clear of any players with injury issues.

Personally I would look at Premier League 2 in order to find couple of players that could fit into our starting 11 and have long term future at the club. If we have any money to spend than I would spend it on them. Then again, who could trust our recruitment team to unearth couple of games like Turner did with Whelan and Brunt.

If we are to play passing football under Moore, we are in a dire need of a playmaker as Bannan is very likely to leave and Hunt is not good enough to build our tactics around him.

Marc Leonard is apparently available on free transfer from Brighton. He is only 19 and would walk into our starting 11, but there is interest in him from clubs like Swansea and Sunderland.

Callum Slattery was in my opinion best PL2 player last season, but he went out on loan and finished his season with ankle ligament injury.

Taylor Perry is skillful and hard working 20 years old who can play across midfield and at 20 is nowhere near Wolves first team, but would be more than good enough for ours.

Reece McAleer is another who caught an eye as a well rounded central midfielder who is very strong for his 19 years, good on the ball and can pick a pass.

Out of league One players my first option would be Aaron Morley who got relegated with Rochdale. He wouldn't cost much and would arguably be one of the best passers of the ball outside of Premier league.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can’t see us getting Oliver. 20 goals in all competitions this season will likely see him have lower end championship interest 

I agree with Malek that I hope a good portion of our transfer business is done in PL2 with a spattering of experienced heads among them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Can’t see us getting Oliver. 20 goals in all competitions this season will likely see him have lower end championship interest 

I agree with Malek that I hope a good portion of our transfer business is done in PL2 with a spattering of experienced heads among them.

You mean like signing Rhys McCabe and complimenting him with a Chris Sedgwick? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

You mean like signing Rhys McCabe and complimenting him with a Chris Sedgwick? 

No, like signing Glenn Whelan and complimenting him with Lee Bullen.

2 minutes ago, owlsincefifties said:

Didn't Oliver come to us as a Centre Half and was converted to a Centre Forward in the U18's or U21's.

Back then it was siad that he played CB, cm and st roles for U-16's

1 hour ago, malek said:

Personally I would look at Premier League 2 in order to find couple of players that could fit into our starting 11 and have long term future at the club. If we have any money to spend than I would spend it on them. Then again, who could trust our recruitment team to unearth couple of games like Turner did with Whelan and Brunt.

If we are to play passing football under Moore, we are in a dire need of a playmaker as Bannan is very likely to leave and Hunt is not good enough to build our tactics around him.

Marc Leonard is apparently available on free transfer from Brighton. He is only 19 and would walk into our starting 11, but there is interest in him from clubs like Swansea and Sunderland.

Callum Slattery was in my opinion best PL2 player last season, but he went out on loan and finished his season with ankle ligament injury.

Taylor Perry is skillful and hard working 20 years old who can play across midfield and at 20 is nowhere near Wolves first team, but would be more than good enough for ours.

Reece McAleer is another who caught an eye as a well rounded central midfielder who is very strong for his 19 years, good on the ball and can pick a pass.

Out of league One players my first option would be Aaron Morley who got relegated with Rochdale. He wouldn't cost much and would arguably be one of the best passers of the ball outside of Premier league.

Hearts are trying to bring Marc Leonard back to Tynecastle I believe.

5 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Hearts are trying to bring Marc Leonard back to Tynecastle I believe.

He left you to join Brighton and would be phenomenal signing for you, but so would for Wednesday. Right now, he is on top of my "realistic signings for this window" list.

2 hours ago, malek said:

Can you apply for our recruitment team? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Emyr Hugues released by Ipswich only 27 still.

The year we made playoff final he looked really good on loan at Huddersfield. Remember Westwood pulling off a world class save to deny him in that epic 3-2 game vs them same season.

It is always one of them, you ask if Ipswich released him why would we want him etc. At 27 he has time to reignite his career. He is a decent player imo and played for his country. Good on the ball.

I remember him having a good season for Hudds but jeeez, I've just checked his injury record. 

Only played 31 league games in the last 4 years.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, modboy said:

good, wages between them will be eye-watering

If you believe owlstalk it will around £65 k per week. Even on the conservative side it will be £50k per week. That should pay for a few decent players at L1 level. They might even contribute a bit.

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

If you believe owlstalk it will around £65 k per week. Even on the conservative side it will be £50k per week. That should pay for a few decent players at L1 level. They might even contribute a bit.

bet some L1 clubs total first team starting 11 dont earn that much between them