Pulis wanted (and tried to) leave without a payoff

2 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Why did Pulis get his lawyer to contact Chansiri ? If you were to resign you would resign end of.

To try and push through some favourable terms to him. financial or otherwise 

Dont believe that was drafted up in the space of 15 minutes either. 

59 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Totally random and off topic, but last night I dreamt that Chansiri and Dave Allen ( former chairman not the comedian) had a cage fight and the ref was Gary Shelton????

Make of that what you will 🤯

Shelton's long arms would come in useful for reffing a cage fight. Makes sense.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Pulis is understood to have been surprised, disappointed and hurt by the comments made by Chansiri.

Sky Sports News were told that Pulis wanted to leave the club with dignity and respect.

However, he feels that became impossible to achieve.

Pulis offered to leave Wednesday on mutually agreed terms, which would have seen him leave without a payoff, but the club would not accept that and chose instead to sack him.

During his short period at Hillsborough, Pulis felt he had a good working relationship with both the players and staff.

Not a surprise. DC does what he wants. SWFC is his toy.

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

How come no other club seems to have problems with the restrictions or if they do ours are always more severe.

There’s a 250 million bail out for clubs agreed.  So yes other clubs are struggling financially because of the pandemic. 

I doubt he has been paid off to a large amount. My only experience within football it took my tax return client 18 months to agree and sort his termination package.

And its not like Pulis had major employment rights accrued. 

14 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

And we were led to believe he came because of the decent salary on offer

You don’t take a job for the great salary (money motivated) then leave for free

People keep saying he doesn't need the money etc he had to pay Palace nearly 6m in the end, that's a big chunk out of anyones pocket ex prem manager or not. 

• Like 1

Guest FoxOwl12

I would have said harsher words about Pulis than Chansiri did. How the hell did he expect to win matches with one man up front and trying to defend for 90mins is beyond me. When they were given a bit of freedom on Tuesday, getting more men in the box, they scored two and could have easily had another one. It also looked as if the players were enjoying it. Okay we had our backs against the wall in the second half and rode our luck, but it was a brilliant defensive display nonetheless.

3 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Maybe Pulis wanted to end the contract because he breached it and maybe Mr C had proof of that so he could actually sack him and not pay him 

I suspect your right that TP breached his contract and that is why he was sacked outright . Also makes you wonder if TP had been stirring things and  leaks re players wages etc. One thing seems clear the players did not respect TP, suspect TP thought his reputation would give him immediate respect  among the camp. 

• Like 1

From the High Court verdict:

On the Tribunal's findings, Mr Pulis secured early payment of his bonus from the Club by deceit in August 2014. The day after he had secured payment of £2 million (net of tax), he dropped the bombshell on the Club that he intended to leave, leaving it, as must have been his intention, in the lurch on the eve of the new season and an important game against Arsenal. When pursued by the Club to recover compensation for his breaches of duty, the excuse that he raised and maintained throughout the proceedings was a false one concerning the timing and effect of the Heated Players' Meeting. By any standards his conduct (prior to and during the litigation) has been shown to be disgraceful.

So I would take any suggestion he offered to walk away for free with extreme scepticism.

But Chansiri should have seen this coming. It was obvious Pulis was mainly in this for the money. Hard to think of a worse managerial appointment by us. Even Eustace had a decent track record as Wilkinson's assistant.

3 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

I suspect your right that TP breached his contract and that is why he was sacked outright . Also makes you wonder if TP had been stirring things and  leaks re players wages etc. One thing seems clear the players did not respect TP, suspect TP thought his reputation would give him immediate respect  among the camp. 

This all of a sudden things being made public? From where? From early in pulis looked like he didn’t want to be here? Now don’t get me wrong working at faulty towers can’t be easy but after his first presser which I think sucked a lot of us into? Myself included! The public hanging out to dry of the players the complete negative tactics all just smacks of someone trying to get out? The passion in which dc displayed yesterday makes me think most of what he was saying was true? Probably the only thing dc has got right over the last 3/4 yrs getting shut of a man who clearly didn’t want to be here 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

What ever way it happened jsut think about this 

Pulis got paid 2 million for 10 games 

200k per game 

Watching pulis football has cost Dc 200k agame 

Season tickets are looking a bargain now 

Is this a fact or a guess?

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Pulis is understood to have been surprised, disappointed and hurt by the comments made by Chansiri.

Sky Sports News were told that Pulis wanted to leave the club with dignity and respect. However, he feels that became impossible to achieve.

Pulis offered to leave Wednesday on mutually agreed terms, which would have seen him leave without a payoff, but the club would not accept that and chose instead to sack him.

"Pulis wanted to leave the club with dignity and respect"

By bailing out after 10 games, 1 win, and playing eyebleeding anti-football?  

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The biggest question for me is this 

What incident made Pulis decide to never talk to the Chairman?

He came to the club and then at some point just choose to stop speaking to his boss

Why?

Why would anyone do that?

Makes no sense to me that

There has to have been an incident or catalyst to that 

Presumably they rarely or probably never met in person in the last 10 weeks.

Pulis probably got fed up of every question he asked on Zoom being answered with a half an hour rant. 

4 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

Is this a fact or a guess?

It’s complete nonsense.

Pulis was on 40k a week deal and got a few weeks of it paid up - not the remainder of his initial contract term.

He also didn’t go to Chansiri and say ‘hey boss, I can’t do this any more. Let’s call it mutual consent and I’ll walk away from my remaining £1.8m with no bother’

• Like 1