Pulis wanted (and tried to) leave without a payoff

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Pulis is understood to have been surprised, disappointed and hurt by the comments made by Chansiri.

Sky Sports News were told that Pulis wanted to leave the club with dignity and respect.

However, he feels that became impossible to achieve.

Pulis offered to leave Wednesday on mutually agreed terms, which would have seen him leave without a payoff, but the club would not accept that and chose instead to sack him.

During his short period at Hillsborough, Pulis felt he had a good working relationship with both the players and staff.

If you want to leave without a pay off then surely you just leave, hand in your resignation and don't come to work? 

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Sky Sports today suggests that Chansiri has refused that and given him a massive payoff just so that he can say he sacked him

Nixon said there was no massive pay off and I was told Nixon is always right.

Guest LondonOwl313

I don’t like how Chansiri is running this club nor do I think he understands the industry or is competent. 

But I trust the guy when he talks, he’s all about honour to his own detriment. His version of events will be exactly what happened. Pulis isn’t trustworthy in the same way, that’s been proven in the past with what happened at Palace 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If you want to leave without a pay off then surely you just leave, hand in your resignation and don't come to work? 

That would not be recommended!!!!

Do you not think that, if Wednesday got relegated after doing that, Chansiri's legal team would make a case that Pulis walked off the job leaving the club in the s h i t and should therefore be liable for part or all of the costs related to relegation as well as any additional costs related to employing a new guy?

Guest Hornsby
49 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I doubt he has been paid off to a large amount. My only experience within football it took my tax return client 18 months to agree and sort his termination package.

And its not like Pulis had major employment rights accrued. 

Surely, if Pulis was paid £2 million as said on a contract renewable each year, we gotta pay him the year's full salary, at least.

Whatever way , mad appointment and can't work out why our advisors - one is Tony's mate - are still here. 

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Do you not think that, if Wednesday got relegated after doing that, Chansiri's legal team would make a case that Pulis walked off the job leaving the club in the s h i t and should therefore be liable for part or all of the costs related to relegation as well as any additional costs related to employing a new guy?

No.

But you wouldn’t get a payoff, which is why it didn’t happen

makes you wonder what...apart from a pay off ,attracted Pulis in the first place.

WE know Wednesday are a basket case, so surely most everyone in football knows as well.

The managers must talk, the players must talk, it must do the rounds.

We get the same blather every time someone tips up 

"massive club, potential. wonderful support blah blah blah"

They rub yer back while picking your pocket.

I honestly don't see a way out until we get a manager that actually needs to build a reputation, not bring one with him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

When has that ever happened in football when a manager has resigned? Do you think managers sign up to contracts that leave them liable for the costs of relegation? What if he got seriously ill or a family member got ill and resulted in him walking away? 

Steve Bruce walked out on is ahead of a season of decent promise that ended with us in the mire, are we taking him through the courts for it? 

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

makes you wonder what...apart from a pay off ,attracted Pulis in the first place.

WE know Wednesday are a basket case, so surely most everyone in football knows as well.

The managers must talk, the players must talk, it must do the rounds.

We get the same blather every time someone tips up 

"massive club, potential. wonderful support blah blah blah"

They rub yer back while picking your pocket.

I honestly don't see a way out until we get a manager that actually needs to build a reputation, not bring one with him.

and still we all think this one is the one. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Surely, if Pulis was paid £2 million as said on a contract renewable each year, we gotta pay him the year's full salary, at least.

Whatever way , mad appointment and can't work out why our advisors - one is Tony's mate - are still here. 

Not sure, there may be notice period clauses, all sorts of ifs, buts etc

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

No.

But you wouldn’t get a payoff, which is why it didn’t happen

I think he would. It would be a straightforward case of breach of contract and Chansiri's lawyers would try to recover costs associated with the breach. Hence Pulis stating the need for a mutually agreed break determined by written notice.

I agree on the second point that Pulis agreed to walk for nothing - I also have extreme scepticism on that matter.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

When has that ever happened in football when a manager has resigned? Do you think managers sign up to contracts that leave them liable for the costs of relegation? What if he got seriously ill or a family member got ill and resulted in him walking away? 

Steve Bruce walked out on is ahead of a season of decent promise that ended with us in the mire, are we taking him through the courts for it? 

Mutual agreement - not just walking away from the job. That is plain and simple breach of contract.

3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Mutual agreement - not just walking away from the job. That is plain and simple breach of contract.

Which is what I was saying - if he was so intent on leaving he could have just done it - breached his contract and walked away with absolutely nothing and no agreement.

I doubt he signed anything in his contract that would leave him liable for the financial losses of the club in future - when has any manager had to pay up for the results of a club after they have left?

He wanted to leave but wanted a mutual agreement so as to save face, I very much doubt the mutual agreement would have seen him leave for nothing on this basis. 

Tony Pulis did a poor job for our club resulting in him becoming the shortest tenure of a permanent manager in out history. Results were dire, performances were too often not much better and tactical decisions left a lot to be desired. It now appears that his application to training has been called into question. He wanted to negotiate a way out of it that didn't reflect badly on him. At least the owner held his hands up and said he made a bad mistake in appointing him in the first place. 

34 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

Is this a fact or a guess?

Nixon says it ain't fact and Nixon is regarded as the oracle on here so I'd take it with a pinch of salt. 

15 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

You’re allowed to resign mate.

Contracts have clauses that govern the terms around it.

Usually there’s a penalty depending on what action has been taken

22 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Doubt very much that he was on anywhere near that.

Just because Steve Bruce was said to be on a £2m a year contract, it doesn't mean that every subsequent manager will be getting the same.