Erik Alonso and WBD Sports Management Brought On Board

25 minutes ago, Quist said:

DC has obviously had cash flow problems due to Covid. This is not unlike many other businesses.

With regard Wednesday decision making has been consistently very poor. His advisory team (Paixao) has been found wanting. He needs to rely on someone and he chose badly. 

The new bunch offer restructuring advice (which is badly required) and in return for efforts may get % of club. I am not sure if agents are allowed to own clubs but their are rules on separation of duties.

Agents are generally a rum bunch and all are tainted with some sort of issue. Clearly some are better than others and some clubs have benefited from close relations due to access to players. 

If Paixao has taken a backward step and we have different voice in DC's lug this can be no bad thing from football point of view. The horrendous decisions made have cost DC millions and most would have been preventable. 

The TP fiasco has clearly brought things to a head and hopefully at least one penny has finally dropped with DC regarding running of football club.

I do not think advice given to DC could have been much worse than it has been so lets hope new guy offers real improvement going forward.

Has anybody git background on Alonso yet outside of WB sports?

Has anybody git background on Alonso yet outside of WB sports?

Well other than he drove a very fast car & played for Liverpool, I'm stumped.

There is obviously nothing to worry about if you are looking to recruit  football players on LinkedIn and you've popped your number at the end of the advert. 

And no I'm not posting the screenshot or giving Erik a friendly call asking if he'd like to come round for a bbq. 

• Haha 3

It always amazes me that when anyone is linked in any capacity to this club

the whole forum turns into some kind of private investigation companylol

maybe we could make our millions that way ?

this time next year Rodney 

2 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 14.20.16.jpg

Anyone was around here in the Billsaja/Geoff Sheard times will tell you why and the mad crazy stuff that happened at the time

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, PARKOWL said:

It's what we do. 

Love a good rabbit hole. 

42 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can everyone chill with the paranoia ffs

Being a Wednesday fan does this to you. You hear voices in your head,you see shadows in the dark, you stare at the washing machine whilst on full  spin, and look vacent when people talk to you.

Well I do anyhow.WTF:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

There is obviously nothing to worry about if you are looking to recruit  football players on LinkedIn and you've popped your number at the end of the advert. 

And no I'm not posting the screenshot or giving Erik a friendly call asking if he'd like to come round for a bbq. 

Just scrolled his Linkedn and you’re right,  he’s tried to recruit players via his account. 

On some of them it’s just lads tagging their mates in for a laugh.

But like others have said, absolutely nothing to worry about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Nancy Frostick reporting in The Athletic this morning that DC has “formed a partnership” with Erik Alonso, who runs a consultancy firm called WBD Sports Management and will advise him on recruitment and youth development.

Alonso owns Indonesian side Bali United, has links to DC United in the MLS and his clients have included Max Gradel and Emre Mor (ex-Dortmund).

Seems that DC has reverted to the tried and tested “if in doubt get more advisers” method. At least they’re not as shadowy as a certain other associate - this WBD lot have their own website and everything:

https://www.wbdsports.com

Maybe the start of a club philosophy, or building the club business up, at last.

Wont hold my breath though.