BREAKING NEWS - TONY PULIS SACKED

We are all making the assumption ( including Sterling) that this is because pullis has spoken “ home truths” and chansiri didn’t like it. But it’s only a few weeks since chansiri was saying he wanted the truth?

Cant help wondering if it’s something else. 

Guest Mcguigan
54 minutes ago, heppers said:

Pulis was always going to play Pulis football. Put that to one side. He has inherited a depleted squad after Monk had a clear out. Pulis was honest and in my opinion tried his best. I am guessing he wanted players and DC would not provide. 

We are in trouble. Not just in terms of league position but in terms of club survival. Look at the facts:

- a revolving door of managers

- a squad of players we simply can’t sell.

- players not getting paid

- the ground sold out of the limited company that is our club

- a loan against the ground

- DC seemingly lying in saying it was a debt he was unaware of. This is not possible in my opinion.

We are in a very worrying place. DC terrifies me. He has no idea what he is doing yet is full of self belief.

DC doesn’t lie, apparently.

8 hours ago, Blue_&_white_wizards said:

Pulis and chansiri conversation went well then

Correct, no way is this based on results, if Chansiri was sacking managers based on results Monk would have gone well before end of last season.

Pulis is a straight talking guy and will have said something Chansiri doesn't like. 

Just my opinion but I think our survival chances are now massively reduced. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

The same as Monk, which suggests the decision was made some time ago Not nice when anyone loses their job, but I can’t say I was happy with my club being managed by Tony Pulis. I’m guessing we will have somebody lined up, so let’s just hope the chairman has sought advice from others, and not just the usual suspects. We don’t want another Monk, Pulis type manager

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The same as Monk, which suggests the decision was made some time ago Not nice when anyone loses their job, but I can’t say I was happy with my club being managed by Tony Pulis. I’m guessing we will have somebody lined up, so let’s just hope the chairman has sought advice from others, and not just the usual suspects. We don’t want another Monk, Pulis type manager

There will be nobody lined up. Seems like an impulsive sacking, after a row to me.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Minton said:

Has anyone considered that Pulis may have made a lot of promises when he took over, claiming he could turn us around in no time or perhaps that he would play an attractive style? By his own admission he had underestimated the scale of the challenge and maybe DC has realised that he isn't up to it any more.

I tend to agree, one of DC's faults was not acting quick enough, he certainley has this time. I didn't like TP's style of play, but i'm not sure that was the sole reason he was sacked, we may never know.