BREAKING NEWS - TONY PULIS SACKED

The next month is going to be interesting....If Chansiri gets someone in and gives him money to spend then it’s a great decision because Pulis’s style of football is the worst I’ve ever seen, But if he doesn’t give the new man substantial funds then it’s because Pulis told him some home truths and we’re screwed 

• Love 1

Guest Bulgaria
31 minutes ago, Django said:

Genuinely who’s going to want to come here after the going’s on of the past 18 months?

Think you will be surprised.

Any manager coming in now has nothing to lose.

3 minutes ago, cain said:

The next month is going to be interesting....If Chansiri gets someone in and gives him money to spend then it’s a great decision because Pulis’s style of football is the worst I’ve ever seen, But if he doesn’t give the new man substantial funds then it’s because Pulis told him some home truths and we’re screwed 

I think we know it will be the latter. Chansiri won’t have liked hearing the truth about what a pathetic job he is doing, on top of not paying the wages which is a disgrace 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Morning Fras, 

Just playing devil's advocate but what if Pulis gave him a torrent of abuse making it impossible for DC not to sack him?

Then you’d have to ask the question, why a manager, after only a month and half in charge, just approaching the key time to be able to improve the squad, would feel the need to give the owner a torrent of abuse and jeopardise his position. 

There’s obviously been some degree of divergence from what Pulis was sold when he took the job and the realities of those promises when it came to the crunch. 

Like @vulva has just said, Pulis isn’t the story here. He’s just the victim of a much bigger problem. 

• Love 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

I think we know it will be the latter. Chansiri won’t have liked hearing the truth about what a pathetic job he is doing, on top of not paying the wages which is a disgrace 

Unfortunately, that’s my guess too 

10 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Our club is a perfect job between jobs for any journeyman manager. After some time, no one except their bank account will remember how they did or if they got us relegated.

• Like 1

Run like a Sunday league club

That’s it really 

We have no money at all- we can’t improve in January, results haven’t been good enough (terrible appointment in first place) - next one through door to save club 

Until we have someone in charge that runs it like a football club it’ll be a comedy show 

7 hours ago, Theboylangers said:

The sooner people realise that the managers (Jos/Monk/Pulis et al) aren't the problem, the better. 

This 'owner' is beyond anything I've ever seen in 43 years. And yes, you can include Dave Allen in that list. 

What an absolutely massive shitshow.

This is absolutely spot on and something I've been saying for a while aswell mate. 

I honestly don't care who the manager is, it could be Klopp or Pep...don't care, their set up to fail with this owner in charge. The club is a shambles from top to bottom and that's down to 1 man and 1 man only. 

Fans in future need to stop arguing about which manager is worse or trying to shift blame away from DC onto Jos/Monk/Pulis etc and focus on Dejphon Chansiri, he's always been the real problem at this club. 

If we have a club left after DC has finished with it, I'll consider that a small success. 

Oh and when fans are allowed back in can somebody take this embarrassment down... 

sheffield-wednesday-v-derby-county-uk-shutterstock-editorial-10570542b.jpg.b293a072798b7d1c45c615f505ce2d4c.jpg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

If Pulis has told Chansiri what he thinks then the chairman will likely be hiring a yes man I would imagine 

Some overseas boss who we’ve never heard of is my guess 

1 hour ago, frastheowl said:

Anybody justifying this decision or commenting on the style of play are missing the point... big time.  

This decision is a sad indictment of how the club is run. 

Whether you wanted Pulis, disliked his style of play or were dissatisfied with results... there’s no denying, we had a manager who had the nous and experience to begin to sort out the problems that run deep within this football club. 

But the owner refuses to be challenged. I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt in the past, but enough is enough. He cannot carry on running the club with such disdain. 

The real worry however, is that this is only the beginning of the end. Things will only get worse from here on in. Chansiri’s pot has run dry... who’s going to fund the club moving forward? It’s time we start asking serious questions about the immediate existence of our football club. 

The end could be nigh. 

cakeball.gif

9 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

The 1 positive thing is that we no longer have TP and will probably at least go into a game trying to win it.

The club is going down the shítter and you're blaming TP?

Get your head out of your arse and see the big picture.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

A Rugby League quote but from one of the greats of the game but relevant in any sport.

The late, great coach Jack Gibson famously proclaimed “Success starts at the front office”

Until DC is gone we will only go in one direction, money in the early days covered up a complete lack of competency to run a club.  Funnily enough no actual records of him running anything in the business world either. Smoke and mirrors.