Where would we be with Bruce in charge?

Would we have made it into the PL? 

The squad last year in hindsight was pretty damn good. Monk took some momentum and got us to 3rd at Christmas then it came crashing down. Players like Murphy, Fletcher, Forestieri are now a pipe dream. 

Would Chansiri be vilified like he is now if Bruce had stayed? 

Genuine questions. I’m interested to hear what people have to say. Especially those  who think DC has destroyed the club... 

Edited by crookesowl
  • Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Would we have made it into the PL? 

The squad last year in hindsight was pretty damn good. Monk took some momentum and got us to 3rd at Christmas then it came crashing down. Players like Murphy, Fletcher, Forestieri are now a pipe dream. 

Would Chansiri be vilified like he is now if Bruce had stayed? 

Genuine questions. I’m interested to hear what people have to say. Especially those  who think DC has destroyed the club... 

Some of Bruce’s performances wer terrible..the blokes a myth

37 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Some of Bruce’s performances wer terrible..the blokes a myth

Bullen was able to replicate what we did with Bruce, it’s true the performances under Bruce were, by and large, extremely dull. Both though, were on a different level to Monk and Pulis

Edited by gurujuan
  • Haha 1

Honestly, i think right now mid table to top half of championship and in the middle of a poo storm legal battle, having challenged the previous season and made it to a play off’s except for the 12 point deduction to have been applied. 

(forgot about points deduction so rephrased my prediction )

I think Bruce would have done well in his first full season. We really didn't have the squad some think we did though, most of them were past their sell by date, literally when they left on a free at the end of that season.

How anyone could look at Leeds, West Brom, Brentford and Fulham's squad and think we might have competed is beyond me.

Meanwhile, the ticket prices were highest at Hillsborough.

• Like 1

No matter who our manager was, Chansiri hadn't created the circumstances in which our club could hope to be successful in the past few years, and he still hasn't.

Barring a miraculous and highly unlikely run of form, we wouldn't have made the Premier League last season, as we'd still have incurred the points deduction thanks to our chairman's previous actions.

Then we'd have faced the same issues of having to slash our wage bill; recruit on a shoestring budget; and players not being paid properly.

I suppose Bruce might have had a clue how to get a tune out of Odubajo though, seeing as he signed him.

Every cloud and all that...

• Like 2

I think we'd have finished top 6 or close last season under Bruce. And we would have played decent football in the Carlos style.

But if we still had to let all our best players go in the summer, I'm guessing midtable now at best.  He wouldn't have brought in the 9 duds that Monk brought in. I'm sure of that.  

I think we’d have a more cohesive recruitment policy under Bruce. I suspect he might have talked Fletcher into staying and that we’d all be talking rather more positively about the future.

I think we’d be lower mid table this season and excited about building some momentum for next season and pushing for the playoffs.

.........Then the car crash of failing to pay our players would hit.

In summary I think we’d be in a better position than Monk left us in (I don’t lay any blame for our current predicament at Pulis’ feet) but I suspect ultimately Bruce staying would only have delayed the latest episode of the soap opera that is the Chansiri era...