Where would we be with Bruce in charge?

Guest Therealrealist
15 minutes ago, jacko1992 said:

Were they really? Which performances were they?

Millwall away which i made the effort to go to in midweek stands out as a rotting pile of pony

If Bruce was in charge he would’ve dealt with the contract situation last season differently. He says what he needs too. I don’t think we’d have made playoffs last season but we’d have been well above the drop and -12 would’ve applied last season. This season may then have been much different. 

I think most people are answering based on just Bruce, but the reality is, he had his team of coaches with him, whereas Monk only got to bring his in for the last few weeks of his tenure. 

That alone would have had a big impact on the players, because we really have lacked decent coaching at the club for some time now. Also, the players i believe would have wanted to play for Bruce, unlike with Monk where it became clear some were losing interest, whilst others were alienated. Had Bruce stayed on i do think we would have been pushing for a place in the play offs and as such, i think the outcome of the points deduction could have been interesting if we'd have looked like going up. 

Bruce is a far far better manager than Monk will ever be, evidenced by the fact he has Newcastle comfortably sitting mid table in the Premier league.

17 minutes ago, 0742 said:

I think most people are answering based on just Bruce, but the reality is, he had his team of coaches with him, whereas Monk only got to bring his in for the last few weeks of his tenure. 

That alone would have had a big impact on the players, because we really have lacked decent coaching at the club for some time now. Also, the players i believe would have wanted to play for Bruce, unlike with Monk where it became clear some were losing interest, whilst others were alienated. Had Bruce stayed on i do think we would have been pushing for a place in the play offs and as such, i think the outcome of the points deduction could have been interesting if we'd have looked like going up. 

Bruce is a far far better manager than Monk will ever be, evidenced by the fact he has Newcastle comfortably sitting mid table in the Premier league.

to be honest, once Monk had his team in place the performances went even further down hill

3 hours ago, jacko1992 said:

Were they really? Which performances were they?

Take a peek on the Villa forums bud, and he had a FAR BETTER squad there than he had here,you wont find many poistives about SB on there, apart from his sacking!

Edited by legendaryswan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Take a peek on the Villa forums bud, and he had a FAR BETTER squad there than he had here,you wont find many poistives about SB on there, apart from his sacking!

Which is fair enough...however i’m talking about how we performed under him. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, crookesowl said:

Would we have made it into the PL? 

The squad last year in hindsight was pretty damn good. Monk took some momentum and got us to 3rd at Christmas then it came crashing down. Players like Murphy, Fletcher, Forestieri are now a pipe dream. 

Would Chansiri be vilified like he is now if Bruce had stayed? 

Genuine questions. I’m interested to hear what people have to say. Especially those  who think DC has destroyed the club... 

Upper mid-table.

12 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

The same position, wed still have the points deduction and the same rubbish recruitment team.

If a banjo has one string it can only play limited tunes no matter how good the player is!

"Steve Bruce's banjo string" is enough  to put anyone off their sprouts.

Anyway, 8th-ish last season - but I think he would have hung onto a left-back and  couple of Proper Strikers this season so we'd have a slightly better squad right now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, crookesowl said:

Would we have made it into the PL? 

The squad last year in hindsight was pretty damn good. Monk took some momentum and got us to 3rd at Christmas then it came crashing down. Players like Murphy, Fletcher, Forestieri are now a pipe dream. 

Would Chansiri be vilified like he is now if Bruce had stayed? 

Genuine questions. I’m interested to hear what people have to say. Especially those  who think DC has destroyed the club... 

If we had signed him when he left Hull, like I wanted at the time, we would be in the Prem league by now.