STATEMENT FROM MOSES ODUBAJO

4 minutes ago, Mighty0wls said:

Id be fuming if I was Lees, just been on the receiving end of a red card tackle which they get a goal out of, you'd expect at least your teammates to back you.

He has one of the most disrespectful, disgusting and unprofessional reactions to a goal of that nature I've ever seen.

Disagree and agree.

Lees bottled it and had a poor game anyway and Odubajo was out of order.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest whowantstoberich
13 hours ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Thought he played well, and even if he were to congratulate an opponent on the goal, would it really matter? 

After the match no. During yes. The prat

Just now, Ray Von shabba said:

Disagree and agree.

Lees bottled it and had a poor game anyway and Odubajo was out of order.

Don't think he bottled it, he stupidly nearly backed off then decided to go in for it last minute, so bad defending.

Regardless, if you're Oddjob you would be fuming at Lees, the ref or grabban. Take your pick in the heat of the moment. Laugh and high 5? Hes taking the mick and now he's lying about it.

Hopefully 1 of our players has squared up to him this morning 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Liverpool can rely on sheer quality to see them through to Premier League and Champions League trophies. Klopp has won Liverpool the pot they’ve most coveted for 30 years and has therefore secured a lifetime of well wishes at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

We are a badly assembled Championship team currently bottom of the league and 7 points adrift of safety. In the absence of just about any quality, we are entirely reliant on a fighting spirit and being competitive enough in games to somehow fight and claw our way to safety. 

Even if you take Moses’ explanation at face value, it’s a horrendous look for a team in our position and a stupid thing to do. Fans of this team are DESPERATE for something to latch onto to think this team has what it takes to survive. Moses - whether he wants to accept it or not, whether he meant it or not - has revealed a lot to those fans about where those very minimal expectations actually are.

I agree with every single word of that.

The actions of Klopp (laughing as opponents score) and Moses (allegedly laughing as opponents score) are the same.  But the context - Klopp has been a great manager and won lots of stuff, and Moses is a cheap free player in a badly performing team - alters the perception.

You should therefore look through the act itself and examine why we are looking at Klopp differently to Moses. The answer is in your post.  Its because we are bottom of the league and 7 points from safety.  AND THATS THE ISSUE NOT THE LAUGHING.   Moses isnt entirely responsible for that fact.  Look to the rest of the team, and the manager who is coaching them. 

16 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I agree with every single word of that.

The actions of Klopp (laughing as opponents score) and Moses (allegedly laughing as opponents score) are the same.  But the context - Klopp has been a great manager and won lots of stuff, and Moses is a cheap free player in a badly performing team - alters the perception.

You should therefore look through the act itself and examine why we are looking at Klopp differently to Moses. The answer is in your post.  Its because we are bottom of the league and 7 points from safety.  AND THATS THE ISSUE NOT THE LAUGHING.   Moses isnt entirely responsible for that fact.  Look to the rest of the team, and the manager who is coaching them. 

Moses is extremely far down the list of reasons why we are in the mess we are in. A 30 second look at the front page of this forum will tell you that the rest of the team, management and ownership are being looked at and scrutinised. 

Players do however have to shoulder responsibility for their own actions. As I said, the fans are desperate to see *something* from this team that shows it’s up for the relegation fight. We’re not seeing it on the pitch. Players laughing and joking with the opposition after they’ve scored is only going to look one way. 

As my interest in football generally wains (or rather, is killed off) I become more and more dismissive of fans ranting and raving in general. In this instance however, this ones on the player. He has to accept how it looks. He has to be prepared for his actions to now be the face of any perception that the team doesn’t care or isn’t fighting for results. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine watching the match and really believing someone when they said he gave their player a massive high five for scoring against us tho

I'm going to go back through the matchday thread and find out all those who believed that and then sell them some left handed forks

Don't sell your on cuttlery items mate

Not saying it was high five but what the fuckk was it.  I dunno, do you?

• Haha 1

When your football club you represent is rooted at the bottom of the league with all sorts of issues on and off the pitch and you are playing against a side that the fans deemed a 6 pointer ( Forest had worst form then us ) then the last thing the fans want to see Is a crap player laughing with the opposition goalscorer when he knocks in the final nail.....or is it just me, have we all turned into people that now has to clap and smile when that happens ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

When your football club you represent is rooted at the bottom of the league with all sorts of issues on and off the pitch and you are playing against a side that the fans deemed a 6 pointer ( Forest had worst form then us ) then the last thing the fans want to see Is a crap player laughing with the opposition goalscorer when he knocks in the final nail.....or is it just me, have we all turned into people that now has to clap and smile when that happens ? 

I'd say those are fair points you raise

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Look footballers in general are not very bright. At school they knew that they would be playing pro and concentrated on the football rather than education. No point slagging player off. He was honest. Slag the players off who say they love the club and feel totally the opposite. 

Blame the people coaching the players who are supposedly installing an attitude in the players that is representative of an approach to be successful. 

Moses should have been scared to death of what would happen from the manager / team mates / captain. Anyone who plays football or sport for that matter at any level will know that if you want to win you can not have a mates attitude against the opposition. You also know that how you react in the moment is a good way of understanding how competitive you are being at that time. Example you cant play your best and want to beat the opposition by using any ploy possible and then turn it off for a split second. This is why players get sent off for dissent and totally regret it later.

Moses has shown us why we have a shocking disciplinary record, why we keep conceding soft goals and why we bottom. The players just dont care about the club and are allowed to be like this. If this attitude is allowed at a club then it will happen anywhere else. The fact that it doesnt is down to the clubs management. Can you imagine what the effort is like in training if this is what happens on the pitch in games.

• Like 1

On 16/12/2020 at 04:44, quinnssweetshop said:

I do

Only time you applaud another teams goal is when it is some wonder strike

is what moses did worse than players saying that the club means everything to them but are playing like the total opposite. Moses should have it installed in him like all the others that if you wear the shirt you play with pride.

I genuinely feel i could find a squad from the best sunday league players and it would do better than our current squad. If players have the same attitude as Moses then the commitment is not there and we will never win. 

11 players playing like their lives depend on it would do better than our current squad. No matter what the players skill levels without the right attitude the results wont change for the better.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

is what moses did worse than players saying that the club means everything to them but are playing like the total opposite. Moses should have it installed in him like all the others that if you wear the shirt you play with pride.

I genuinely feel i could find a squad from the best sunday league players and it would do better than our current squad. If players have the same attitude as Moses then the commitment is not there and we will never win. 

11 players playing like their lives depend on it would do better than our current squad. No matter what the players skill levels without the right attitude the results wont change for the better.

Of course it is, in this respect,

I do agree with you absolutely , there's no pride in players anymore, but that's a separate subject entirely.