STATEMENT FROM MOSES ODUBAJO

1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

I’m not sure if this tongue in cheek mate. But I’ll bite, it’s a completely different scenario. For a start we won that game to go 7th in the league outside the playoffs only on goal difference. 

Nobody said anything about scenarios

I was being told that players dont' ever have a laugh with opponents under any circumstances

I'm saying that's not true and proved it

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Nobody really cares if a player smiled or not

Nobody

Not REALLY 

Judging by the replies in this thread i would say plenty do......Compare Odubajos reaction to that say of Pattterson on being subbed?  Body language is still language....    

It can tell us much.........

A reminder of where Odubajo’s manic laughter at a Wednesday defeat comes from. I heard that Monk used to make players watch 3 solid hours of Mrs Brown Boys before a game in preparation. Under Monk we were top of the points lost per chuckle league table. 

Odubajo was simply just trying to get us back up the chuckle chart. Yet he’s hounded on here? Sad.

8C07DD60-8EEB-4618-A8E6-F5289236E0A9.png

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nobody said anything about scenarios

I was being told that players dont' ever have a laugh with opponents under any circumstances

I'm saying that's not true and proved it

No one said ‘under any circumstances’ though. You just made that up 

The issue is with it being from a goal conceded 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxOwl12 said:

At least he gave the idiots on here the opportunity to post more childish rants. 

I haven't seen much of that TBH many on here long standing ST holders, & some paid good money to watch it on IFollow....what i see is what is in my view fair criticism....

Most on here will have played competetive sports,I cant ever remember feeling anything but disappointment or,anger, at being on the losing end

I would still be ****ed off about it days later...

Just me...

• Like 2

The issue isn't so much for the smile and the high five - I don't genuinely believe he was celebrating their goal, looks horrendous but for whatever reason he reacts to do it.

The absolutely bigger issue is that Odubajo should already have been raging by the time Grabban knocks it in, not only having the game finished off but especially after having taken Lees out in the process.  Imagine doing that against someone like Preston?  Half their squad would have hounded Grabban, and the other half the referee.  We just do a few pathetic should shrugs at the ref then everyone trudges off, or just laugh it off like Moses did.  It speaks to an absolute dearth of proper team spirit (I don't mean the phoney team spirit they've been trying to show with the training ground videos this season), which is nothing new with this lot - explains why they have been so fragile for so long.

I'm undecided if this is the worst squad of recent years ability wise - recency bias and all that.  It is undoubtedly the meekest though - and its been a problem a long time in the making.  We've either too many who have given up,  don't care enough, or are just too nice for their own good.

But its not new with this squad.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Paterson was showing off to a bloke in a black jacket

That's the only reason he punched an empty South Stand seat

Niether of us know that mate do we?  His behavior to me was of someone who was ****ed off at being taken off,ergo he cared and had some passion & fire in his belly...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Niether of us know that mate do we?  

I just went by the video where he starts to walk up the South Stand, a bloke in a black jacket comes down the steps, Paterson looks at him, looks straight into his eyes, then leathers the empty seat

Let's just hope that the bloke in black wasn't one of the opposition or Paterson will be yet another one of our players hounded out for conversing witih anyone who's not got a Wednesday shirt on

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, blueandwhitematt said:

The issue isn't so much for the smile and the high five - I don't genuinely believe he was celebrating their goal, looks horrendous but for whatever reason he reacts to do it.

The absolutely bigger issue is that Odubajo should already have been raging by the time Grabban knocks it in, not only having the game finished off but especially after having taken Lees out in the process.  Imagine doing that against someone like Preston?  Half their squad would have hounded Grabban, and the other half the referee.  We just do a few pathetic should shrugs at the ref then everyone trudges off, or just laugh it off like Moses did.  It speaks to an absolute dearth of proper team spirit (I don't mean the phoney team spirit they've been trying to show with the training ground videos this season), which is nothing new with this lot - explains why they have been so fragile for so long.

I'm undecided if this is the worst squad of recent years ability wise - recency bias and all that.  It is undoubtedly the meekest though - and its been a problem a long time in the making.  We've either too many who have given up,  don't care enough, or are just too nice for their own good.

But its not new with this squad.  

Great post