STATEMENT FROM MOSES ODUBAJO

1 hour ago, vulva said:

He’s hung him out to dry. I don’t rate Odabaju, but we’ve got a small squad, and I’d imagine he’s a popular part of the dressing room. Not sure he’s done right thing here. 

I can see what you mean, but on balance I'll take Pulis seething about Odubajo's actions over a player who smiles when we concede a goal in the 'not sure he’s done right thing here' stakes. 

Some things can't be brushed under the carpet and a stand has to be made.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, vulva said:

He’s hung him out to dry. I don’t rate Odabaju, but we’ve got a small squad, and I’d imagine he’s a popular part of the dressing room. Not sure he’s done right thing here. 

He has and rightly so - If we get allowed back in and he hasn't been seen to do anything he realises that he is already fighting a rear guard action with the vast majority of the supporters now and he is trying to take any positive out of the constant stream of negatives. A bit like we would do

• Like 2

After viewing all the angles available, I just don't buy his attempt to justify this.

In the wide angle above Odubajo is 6 yards away from Grabban when he turns round and Moses jogs straight for him.

He doesn't immediately go to get the ball but actually  heads for

Grabban.

At no point does he look round towards the referee or Lees on the deck.

Grabban can't  be said to think it was a Forest player coming to congratulate him. He looked at Moses for a good 2 seconds before their bromantic coming together.

Utterly bizarre. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Guest Hornsby
On 19/12/2020 at 02:12, hirstys_achilles said:

morally speaking the football we been seeing lately is wrong. I dont believe a word of the rumours anyway. The rumours from last season stem from players who were out of contract and was not contracted to be paid. Its not like these players are on the bread line.  With food banks running dry and people out of work and new businesses totally bankrupted due to covid. Multi millionaire footballers moaning about not getting the full 20 g a week is a kick in the teeth to people who pay to watch them with money they havent got.

Of course mate , your sentiments are right but don't help morale and motivation as players clearly not getting paid properly.

And for all we know, they may have turned down better offers to come to our great club. Doubt it though.

On 19/12/2020 at 06:13, vulva said:

Only thing he is good for is conceding a penalty or allowing a scoring chance most games he plays. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 19/12/2020 at 01:13, vulva said:

It's this kind of attitude that saw us bend the knee to Forestieri. What Odubajo did was not just disrespectful to the fans, but also to his teammates and the entire club, and a statement was absolutely necessary. Under weaker managers we probably would have seen him returned to the side, for the reason you highlighted.

As others have mentioned, even if Odubajo's explanation is true, it doesn't explain how he apparently didn't give a sod about Lees getting chopped down. If Odubajo saw what he said he saw, he should've been in the ref's face arguing to get Grabban sent off, giving us an opportunity to claw something back in the dying minutes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One of the biggest topics discussed about Wednesday is the "professionalism" of the club, or lack of it.

If this club is to move forward, in a good way, this is an example of the absolute shabby behaviour we have to get rid of. This is the kind of stuff that festers, draw a line in the sand, GET SHUT.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

One of the biggest topics discussed about Wednesday is the "professionalism" of the club, or lack of it.

If this club is to move forward, in a good way, this is an example of the absolute shabby behaviour we have to get rid of. This is the kind of stuff that festers, draw a line in the sand, GET SHUT.

Yes, like the FF incident.

On 18/12/2020 at 12:56, mcmigo said:

The treatment of Moses at this club is an absolute disgrace.

This is a low cost, free footballer from the reserve team of Brentford.  A player with that profile isn't going to be a world beater, but the guy runs all day and is one of the very few footballers we have who tries to do something positive in terms of going forward.

First - Monk allegedly say he has no future, drops him, then recalls him

Then Pulis basically calls him  a liar when Moses has explained very clearly, and in my mind truthfully, the situation.

Then the chairman doesnt pay him on time

The fans hammer him on social media

He must hate this club.

Old Tone don't mince his words.

OIP.png

On 18/12/2020 at 12:56, mcmigo said:

The treatment of Moses at this club is an absolute disgrace.

This is a low cost, free footballer from the reserve team of Brentford.  A player with that profile isn't going to be a world beater, but the guy runs all day and is one of the very few footballers we have who tries to do something positive in terms of going forward.

First - Monk allegedly say he has no future, drops him, then recalls him

Then Pulis basically calls him  a liar when Moses has explained very clearly, and in my mind truthfully, the situation.

Then the chairman doesnt pay him on time

The fans hammer him on social media

He must hate this club.

P.S. He said yesterday that we hadn't had a goalkeeper for 6 weeks.

Antonio doesn't take any prisoners.

:pulis: