#DefundChansiri

1 hour ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

I think the defunding of Chansiri will happen naturally if we are relegated. He is daft enough to think that he will be able to get away with top dollar ticket prices in L1 and that will see gates in the region of 10-12K whenever crowds are allowed back.

Whatever happens we are locked in a loveless embrace with this bloke because nobody is going to buy us for the amount of money he will want. Chansiri has now got himself the choice of pouring more cash into the money pit to achieve his dream of the the prem or if the tap is turned off then he is going to see his 350 million go down the swanny.

He desperately needs to employ a good CEO to run the club on a day to day basis then step back. Given the last five years of narcissism, control freakery, batshizz crazy decision making I cant see this happening.

I think he’s daft to think he can charge £49 for a Pulis side that are in a relegation battle. Has he ever watched a Pulis team? It’s not even entertaining if you’re winning regularly 

Guest Therealrealist
21 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

The man has been an unmitigated disaster for this football club.

Anybody who disagrees with this post..lets be having you...as delia wud say

DC came here as a short term gamble to get promoted within 2 years. He said he wanted us in the Premier League by our 150th anniversary in 2017.

He didn’t plan for that gamble failing. He put no long term vision or strategy in place. That gamble failed and we find ourselves lurking from one situation to the next and the result of his gamble will see us playing League One football.

Yes he’s put money in but he gambled on the future of this club through reckless spending and a catalogue of poor decisions. 

I fear hugely of our future. The bloke seems incredibly stubborn and doesn’t seem to want to change the way things are run. 

16 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

He's put more money in than anyone else in our history.

He's a successful businessman.

He's made some mistakes, but he's learning on the job.

He has good intentions.

But 

If everyone keeps being nasty to him, he'll leave and we'll go under.

Etc.Etc.

He's spent £350m and is a successful businessman, yet he's still "Learning on the job"...... Reyt. That hardly seems like a good set of ingredients for a successful businessman to me.

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

He's been badly advised.

If it wasn't for FFP he'd put more money in.

The fans contribute nothing.

He just needs a football person to run the club for him

2 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

He's spent £350m and is a successful businessman, yet he's still "Learning on the job"...... Reyt. That hardly seems like a good set of ingredients for a successful businessman to me.

Not sure anyone is sensing the sarcasm.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Shezza said:He never understood the challenge or respected how much this club means to a lot of people. 

This sums it up for me.  Chansiri’s absolute arrogance not respecting the club, the fans or the Sheffield people.  An absolute car crash of an owner.

34 minutes ago, Shezza said:

You have to Ask what has happened here since that first season. That summer/fall we brought in a lot of good, solid Championship players mixed with attacking quality Hooper, Lopez and Forestieri. It was a sensible approach, with us bringing in players who were top quality at this level at a reasonable price. 

The next season with left our sensible approach and started paying big money for ageing stars and has beens. 

For starters Paul Aldridge left in June 2016, leaving a gaping hole that had never been filled when it comes to knowing how to run a football club....then he goes and hires Katrien Meire. 

I’ve been saying for years that Chansiri needs to surround himself with experienced football people and let them do their job uninterrupted and run the club from Sheffield, not Bangkok or wherever. 

It’s a disaster, and it’s getting worse year for year. Even a experienced and successful manager like Pulis looks unlikely to turn us around until Chansiri changes his ways. Which he won’t. And he’s taking the club with him. And it is starting to look like dad’s pocket money’s dried out. Talking about weeing it up against the wall. He never understood the challenge or respected how much this club means to a lot of people. 

With him in charge, the good times has never looked further away. 

And yet all he has gone on about in the past is the respect he thinks he deserves.

I've said it before the guy demands respect but does absolutely nothing to earn it. He has meddled with the clubs identity such as badge and kits without even giving the fans a choice, the ticket prices, the shocking merchandise in the club shop, he has made it near upon impossible to form any relationship with local businesses to help with promoting the commercial side. And apparently we should be thanking him for all this?

He has gone into this whole approach with a complete control freak attitude and that ultimately will be his downfall. 

What is for certain, this whole chaos has proven two things:

1.Dejphon Chansiri shouldn't be anywhere near running a professional football club

2. Dejphon Chansiri shouldn't be anywhere near running a business.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

As you rightly point out we are the only club with Chansiri funding it

So which other clubs have folded mate?

You misread what is said which was "any other business " not club.

Clubs are being propped up by the premier league loans and grants .

2 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

We keep hearing about all these efl clubs that will be goin bust if we carry on without fans...so fare...none...so can we put this to bed..just another falsehood screamed by chansiri fanboys

Read what write i referred to business not clubs ,from what I read efl clubs where screaming for the Premier league to bail them out ,which they have done

DC may have made many mistakes but if we had a Chairman like Allen with the current pandemic we would have gone into administration and the club would be no more.

At least with DC he is committed to the club and that will not happen.

For all those wanting DC to just leave, be careful what you wish for.  Under both Allen and Mandric there was hardly lots of potential buyers lined up and with the current economic situation I think the only kind of "buyer" would be some dodgy shady syndicate type that would put the club in serious danger. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Steelman said:

I think it's commonly acknowledged now by even the most deluded Happy Clapper that Chansiri has killed our club. This has been done by a combination of arrogance, incompetence and indifference. 

From the shambles that were our 150th anniversary celebrations, to getting rid of the stripes, cakeball, Urby and so on. The man is a complete buffooon. He's dragged us through the courts, ruined our reputation and made us a laughing stock. Not just in the city, but in English football as a whole, we are a complete basket case. Players not being paid properly and so on.

.......And still we don't protest, we don't show our displeasure, our anger. Why is this?......... I think we're too nice.

He said:  If you want Premier League football and the best players do you want to carry on paying top money? Or do you want to pay less and we'll play the kids? Well we're playing kids and garbage loans and still paying Premier League prices. He's not even refunded last seasons ST money never mind the current season. It's a disgrace.

We've got to hit him where it hurts. Christmas is coming......... don't spend your hard earned money in the shop. Don't let him fleece us with the ST renewals like last year. Keep your money and don't give him a penny. When we're allowed back in, don't buy a programme, don't spend any of your hard earned money in the ground until he's refunded every single person and addressed the fans concerns.

Fight back and #DefundChansiri

Just buy the club yourself and run and fund it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1