#DefundChansiri

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

That's my biggest worry for the future of the club

A year without football, means I have an extra £2k in my back pocket (I go to lots of away games too). I don't enjoy watching us on TV but then I haven't really enjoyed watching us in person for a good while either (apart from very brief spells).

I've got out of the habit, and if that can happen to me then I'm sure I will be one of many

This is not far from me.  I'm now totally out of the habit of going to games. I rarely watch it on the box. Football is not really part of my life now apart from coming on here and a bit of banter at work, and if I'm honest I don't really miss it.

I fully expect not to get my requested refund for last year's season ticket but I suppose that if this seasons ticket gets me in for next season I'll still go.

However if I lose the money for this seasons and last without seeing any games I honestly don't think I will go again under the current owners. 

Guest Therealrealist
50 minutes ago, akbuk said:

In the present economic climate any other businesses would have folded we are alive because Chansiri puts his hand in his pocket and keeps the club alive.

We keep hearing about all these efl clubs that will be goin bust if we carry on without fans...so fare...none...so can we put this to bed..just another falsehood screamed by chansiri fanboys

Without trying to defend DC in the very least, we all forget the main point  The Club is not ours! We don't own it or have any financial stake in the club. The club belongs entirely to DC, and were it to fold tomorrow, the only loss we would suffer would be our stake money/cost of season ticket. When any business goes bust, the fans would become 'creditors' at the bottom of the pile. Buying a  ST is exactly like placing an ante-post bet If your horse doesn't run,  you lose your stake money. The only way to get rid of Chansiri is for someone to 'buy him out', and I would not consider that an attractive proposition for anyone with a large amount of money. As a football club, we are not an attractive prospect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Asio otus said:

The same Milan who would have sold us for  a dodgy geezer from Azerbaijan . ALL owners are about  about money, ours is no excepti

Exactly 

I'm greatful for Milan saving us from going bust 

Be the only reason he bought us because it was cheap and quick to make him a profit 

Old Milan was good at PR and had the fans right in this hands 

He'd have sold us to anyone who had the cash 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

We’ve kept our side of the bargain, I’m not sure Dejphon has kept his...

It was clear that the questions relative directly to the football were the most pertinent in terms of general interest amongst our supporters, so in the interests of transparency, the answers are published below:

A) Would you prefer the prices at Sheffield Wednesday across the board, for example Season Tickets, matchday tickets, official merchandise, corporate hospitality, were reduced to previous eras? The consequence of this would be the sale of key senior players, regular promotion to the first team of academy youngsters and a reduced level of investment.

Answer: Yes 29.94% No 70.06%

B) Alternatively, would you prefer the club to build on the current level of investment, maintain the pricing structure, and extend our ongoing strategy geared towards promotion to the Premier League.

Answer: Yes: 70.14%  No: 29.86%

In black and white as they say

Edited by fatzooma

14 hours ago, Steelman said:

I think it's commonly acknowledged now by even the most deluded Happy Clapper that Chansiri has killed our club. This has been done by a combination of arrogance, incompetence and indifference. 

From the shambles that were our 150th anniversary celebrations, to getting rid of the stripes, cakeball, Urby and so on. The man is a complete buffooon. He's dragged us through the courts, ruined our reputation and made us a laughing stock. Not just in the city, but in English football as a whole, we are a complete basket case. Players not being paid properly and so on.

.......And still we don't protest, we don't show our displeasure, our anger. Why is this?......... I think we're too nice.

He said:  If you want Premier League football and the best players do you want to carry on paying top money? Or do you want to pay less and we'll play the kids? Well we're playing kids and garbage loans and still paying Premier League prices. He's not even refunded last seasons ST money never mind the current season. It's a disgrace.

We've got to hit him where it hurts. Christmas is coming......... don't spend your hard earned money in the shop. Don't let him fleece us with the ST renewals like last year. Keep your money and don't give him a penny. When we're allowed back in, don't buy a programme, don't spend any of your hard earned money in the ground until he's refunded every single person and addressed the fans concerns.

Fight back and #DefundChansiri

You are quite clearly suffering from the effects of lockdown. Find an open space and shout for 90 minutes until you feel better!

57 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

We’ve kept our side of the bargain, I’m not sure Dejphon has kept his...

It was clear that the questions relative directly to the football were the most pertinent in terms of general interest amongst our supporters, so in the interests of transparency, the answers are published below:

A) Would you prefer the prices at Sheffield Wednesday across the board, for example Season Tickets, matchday tickets, official merchandise, corporate hospitality, were reduced to previous eras? The consequence of this would be the sale of key senior players, regular promotion to the first team of academy youngsters and a reduced level of investment.

Answer: Yes 29.94% No 70.06%

B) Alternatively, would you prefer the club to build on the current level of investment, maintain the pricing structure, and extend our ongoing strategy geared towards promotion to the Premier League.

Answer: Yes: 70.14%  No: 29.86%

These should NOT have been the questions posed

Instead it should have been:

1) Do you believe absolutely everything that's told to you by the club without ever questioning it?

2) You do understand that the answer to question 1 determines what we will do from now on?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

You can only raise your protests at the match...owt else is hardly worth doing...and lets face it the current restrictions on actually going to games hardly helps you give voice.

We have all trotted out our opinions on here, hardly  makes a difference except to be accused of undermining the club.

The difference at the game is your argument is far more valid, cos you are actually there initially to support the club, you have PAID to be there, you have a valid voice...a number of the posters on here don't bloody go anyhow..So in effect its up to the ones that do..at the game, after the game...even during the bloody thing, all though thats a bit self defeating.

So I would expect those that don't go for simply reasons of being p*ssed off...get down there and shout it, rather than tp tap it out on here.

We can do it for those who can't afford it, the exiles etc....but it has to happen AT the ground...Its so much more valid

Edited by asteener1867

4 hours ago, Grandad said:

My reason to go would be to catch up with all my football mates in the pub before the games

But that's been my reason for going for most of the last 20 years

Yes me too...it hasn't been for the scintillating football that's for sure 🤣

• Love 1

The facts of the matter is that we have no alternative. People with money are not exactly falling over themselves to buy the club. 

I think everyone knows things could have been run a lot better than what they have but we are where we are. 

Until another white night appears over the horizon (which is highly unlikely) we should just focus on helping to keep our club alive. All is not lost whilst the flag is still raised.

the simple facts are chansiri says he spent 350million we know thats not the amount as thats impossible ,once you deduct clubs loses and how much he purchased club for. for him to sell the club he would want nearly all he has invested back meaning 100-200million is what he would sell club for , clearly no chance ever he will get more than say 30-40 million now. he is here for a very long time 

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd love to hear your overview of how you think Chansiri has done over the last 6 years

How do you think he's done?

He's put more money in than anyone else in our history.

He's a successful businessman.

He's made some mistakes, but he's learning on the job.

He has good intentions.

But 

If everyone keeps being nasty to him, he'll leave and we'll go under.

Etc.Etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

A convenient excuse not to go to the games when the club is going through a bad period can hide by the excuse that the club is badly run.

Just say I will only go the games when we reach a certain standard and anything below that is not acceptable to me.

Chansiri could still run the club badly but get lucky on the pitch and the team go on to better things (happened to another club not a million miles away).  Would be interesting to see if the anti Chansiri fans would return.

You have to Ask what has happened here since that first season. That summer/fall we brought in a lot of good, solid Championship players mixed with attacking quality Hooper, Lopez and Forestieri. It was a sensible approach, with us bringing in players who were top quality at this level at a reasonable price. 

The next season with left our sensible approach and started paying big money for ageing stars and has beens. 

For starters Paul Aldridge left in June 2016, leaving a gaping hole that had never been filled when it comes to knowing how to run a football club....then he goes and hires Katrien Meire. 

I’ve been saying for years that Chansiri needs to surround himself with experienced football people and let them do their job uninterrupted and run the club from Sheffield, not Bangkok or wherever. 

It’s a disaster, and it’s getting worse year for year. Even a experienced and successful manager like Pulis looks unlikely to turn us around until Chansiri changes his ways. Which he won’t. And he’s taking the club with him. And it is starting to look like dad’s pocket money’s dried out. Talking about weeing it up against the wall. He never understood the challenge or respected how much this club means to a lot of people. 

With him in charge, the good times has never looked further away. 

• Like 3

Guest Therealrealist
11 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

He's put more money in than anyone else in our history.

He's a successful businessman.

He's made some mistakes, but he's learning on the job.

He has good intentions.

But 

If everyone keeps being nasty to him, he'll leave and we'll go under.

Etc.Etc.

'Learning on the job'😂

'Successful businessman'😂

Loving these old chestnuts..keep em coming..