#DefundChansiri

We'll, I resolved to not waste my money when Pulis was appointed, so indirectly I suppose I'm included. 

My opinion of Chansiri has changed to a negative viewpoint, that said I'm never comfortable with deliberate attempts to damage the club. If people want to spend money at the club for their pleasure, that's their prerogative, as it is those who choose not to. 

I think given the product on the pitch, ifollow subscriptions and attendances (when allowed) will naturally be much lower. Perhaps DC can reflect on the way he runs the club when people don't want to pay £39 to watch Sunday league level football from our team.

I genuinely think Chansiri wouldn't give a throw though, such is the delusion and arrogance of our owner. I wouldn't rule out ticket price increases to compensate for falling crowds, such is the warped logic with which the club is run.

Chansiri, barring someone just running a club into the ground, is a great example of what a bad owner looks like:

1) Overspends and breaks FFP; jeopardises future of club

2) Thinks he knows best and patently doesn't; football and business; creating a toxic culture

3) Employs people that have agendas not aligned to the club; Paxo

4) Buys players without them fitting into an overall strategy; attacking football philosophy

5) Employs managers that don't match up with the club's football philosophy or now has no philosophy

6) Overprices merchandise and messes up with production

7) Overprices facilities thereby damaging income streams, etc

8] Micro-manages nearly all decisions at the club causing delays, issues, bad culture

9) Doesn't sell players when they should be moved on; asset depreciation

10) Locks players in on long contracts; bad asset management

11) Treats local businesses with disdain

12) Disenfranchises fans due to POG ticket prices

13) Signs fans up to long term season ticket deals thereby making sale of the club unattractive (ie, revenue is reduced in future years as that money is already spent)

14) Dodgy sale of club assets, sale of ground can only be done once and hasn't fixed the rout causes of debt; jeopardises club's future through short term asset stripping

15) Doesn't develop off-field business to create significant revenue streams

... Could go on, there's plenty more but the above is a decent list of things you can pretty much put solely at Chansiri's feet. Yeah, he's awful. And his money doesn't make up for it - in fact it's meant certain quarters have extended him far too much good will over his tenure of the club.

Edited by Owl Be Back
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, i used to be sc_owl said:

To anyone supporting the current regime, I ask a simple question: how has the club improved under his ownership?

We’ve arguably regressed despite spending a huge amount of money. 

Arguably???..dc has made a lot of footballers rich beyond their wildest dreams...that is the only thing dc’s money has don3 for this club...apart from giving us fans a day at wembley.

2 hours ago, Steelman said:

Bang on pal. Give Hallam FC or Penistone Church a try, I've been going to both with the lads (some are Bl**es too) and we've thoroughly enjoyed it.

Haven't they got a forum you could go on and discuss them instead then?

What do you think the result of your planned protest would be?

3 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

... Could go on, there's plenty more but the above is a decent list of things you can pretty much put solely at Chansiri's feet. Yeah, he's awful. And his money doesn't make up for it - in fact it's meant certain quarters have extended him far too much good will over his tenure of the club.

That's a fair point. For a while I was blinded by the sheer amount of money invested. But, when you look at his tenure, becomes slightly irrelevant as whatever he's spent has been to a certain extent self indulgent. 

By that, I mean it feels like we are a rich man's hobby, there doesn't seem to be a plan or strategy...if he sold up tomorrow, what would be his lasting legacy?

I don't doubt silly amounts of money have been spent, but for whose benefit? The club have regressed and it seems a lot of the money has been spent to compensate for poor/naive decisions by Chansiri. 

If, as claimed he has the club at heart would be seeking a new owner.

56 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Hasn’t he gone on record saying he’d sell up if the fans wanted him gone. Now it’s not like he can just sell up, but it might give him some added impetus 

Then protest at games when we get the chance to go back, voice your opinion and make it known but if someone in your family wants you to get them something Wednesday related for Christmas don't say no because you don't like the owner. If you want to go and watch OUR team, don't stop doing it because you don't like the owner.

Our money isn't as significant as the comment that the owner made at one of the forums but the fact is we are losing hand over first and not spending money in the club shop will not make him sell the club. 

If we protest by defunding the club then it hardly makes the club an attractive prospect to anyone with any inclination of getting involved. 

Edited by Guest

I don't believe for one minute DC came into the club to get us into the Prem and make a quick buck, I think he genuinely wanted to make something of us (for his son) but his total lack of understanding of running a football club that been built up over decades has totally undermined any good intentions he had, there's an old saying - if you don't know what you're doing surround yourself with people that do, this is something that had he adhered to we'd probably be in the Prem now, he needs to fund the club but step back from the football side.

3 hours ago, Steelman said:

I think it's commonly acknowledged now by even the most deluded Happy Clapper that Chansiri has killed our club. This has been done by a combination of arrogance, incompetence and indifference. 

From the shambles that were our 150th anniversary celebrations, to getting rid of the stripes, cakeball, Urby and so on. The man is a complete buffooon. He's dragged us through the courts, ruined our reputation and made us a laughing stock. Not just in the city, but in English football as a whole, we are a complete basket case. Players not being paid properly and so on.

.......And still we don't protest, we don't show our displeasure, our anger. Why is this?......... I think we're too nice.

He said:  If you want Premier League football and the best players do you want to carry on paying top money? Or do you want to pay less and we'll play the kids? Well we're playing kids and garbage loans and still paying Premier League prices. He's not even refunded last seasons ST money never mind the current season. It's a disgrace.

We've got to hit him where it hurts. Christmas is coming......... don't spend your hard earned money in the shop. Don't let him fleece us with the ST renewals like last year. Keep your money and don't give him a penny. When we're allowed back in, don't buy a programme, don't spend any of your hard earned money in the ground until he's refunded every single person and addressed the fans concerns.

Fight back and #DefundChansiri

I am glad there is a good bit of debate around this. I think direct action does have an impact sometimes and get the reason behind the suggested ‘defunding’ campaign. I don’t think it will make much difference on its own though. Even trying to get people to not take up season tickets will have limited impact. I will  be watching every game I can always. However rubbish it is. I can’t help it. 

I am not even totally certain that getting DC to leave the club would solve all problems and would inevitably create some others. I think quite frequently about how to take over a football club. It could be done. But who would want to?

Might getting DC to run the club better be a more realistic option?

I don’t think anyone thinks there is malice in even the most ridiculous of things that have been done. Just bad decisions. 
Maybe it would be a better route to think about how we can positively influence things?

People are usually quite open to seeing how they can make better decisions.

If you start a fight someone has to lose it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Chansiri...the man that has repeatedly taken an axe to the hull but still gets praised by a few for the size of his bucket. He deserves to lose every penny he has “invested”.

What matters is finding a realistic solution to the problem. 

I don’t care what Chansiri loses or makes. 

I want a viable future for the club. 

People on here are confusing pragmatism for outright support. 

I am just pointing out that right now he owns the club and funds the losses. You might not like it but until there is someone else to run/own/bankroll the business, you are stuck with him. 

Bleating gets you nowhere.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Why is he a ‘keyboard warrior’?

All he’s done is express his opinion - just like you have in your reply

Must be what the Chansirites are calling anyone who questions DC now instead of a bed wetter.

Defund Chansiri sounds a bit strong but the club won’t go forward again until he leaves.

I’ve not put any money into the club since the first lockdown so I guess I’m already defunding Chansiri anyway without realising 

3 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Must be what the Chansirites are calling anyone who questions DC now instead of a bed wetter.

Defund Chansiri sounds a bit strong but the club won’t go forward again until he leaves.

I’ve not put any money into the club since the first lockdown so I guess I’m already defunding Chansiri anyway without realising 

How is that helpful.

I must be naive as I was under the impression most of us on here are Wednesdayites. 

18 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

What matters is finding a realistic solution to the problem. 

I don’t care what Chansiri loses or makes. 

I want a viable future for the club. 

People on here are confusing pragmatism for outright support. 

I am just pointing out that right now he owns the club and funds the losses. You might not like it but until there is someone else to run/own/bankroll the business, you are stuck with him. 

Bleating gets you nowhere.

The club may have to go into admin but no club should be ‘stuck’ with an owner.

Look at what happened at Portsmouth, it took the Pompey supporters trust had to rebuild the club again but at least they’re going to the right direction again now 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

How is that helpful.

I must be naive as I was under the impression most of us on here are Wednesdayites. 

You can still support the club but realise the club needs a change of ownership.

Does it make you a better Wednesdayite if you carry on backing the owner while he leads us into League 1 and admin?

1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

You can still support the club but realise the club needs a change of ownership.

Does it make you a better Wednesdayite if you carry on backing the owner while he leads us into League 1 and admin?

I didn't say anything about that, I specifically highlighted you calling out 'Chansiri-ites' as being unhelpful. It is fine to have a difference of opinion and debate the issues but lowering to a base level as if people are 'chansri-ites' or otherwise rather than Wednesdayites serves no purpose. 

9 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Bloke is a moron . An utter Baffoon . Nobody wanting the club to succeed can want this clueless trust fund baby to continue wrecking the club . I said pre Covid I wouldn’t return until he’s gone and stand by it 

What do you expect that stance to achieve?