#DefundChansiri

Guest Grandad
7 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

This ungrateful lad doesn't represent any of us dejphon, let's get the 2 or 3 players we need in January and he'll soon want a slice of the next cake ball. 

#ShutUpSteelman

Are you speaking for everybody now?

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, james o connor said:

Ignore COVID for a minute , what would be the reason to go? Football is dire , chairman is a total  car Crash and the prices are a joke . whenever folk can have a life again, what would they rather ? Paying Through the nose  to watch us get relegated Or have long overdue catch ups in the pub / golf course, family days out or whatever it is you enjoy doing ? 

it’s not really about  protesting, it’s about not wasting your Saturday being bored  And miserable .  Left about mins into the Blackburn game in February 5/0 down , and won’t be back until chansiri has gone . 

My reason to go would be to catch up with all my football mates in the pub before the games

But that's been my reason for going for most of the last 20 years

30 minutes ago, Grandad said:

My reason to go would be to catch up with all my football mates in the pub before the games

I mean yeah fair enough , for many it is the day out and seeing your mates . I suspect for a large proportion of the 20k we have at each game , that’s the reason.  

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, james o connor said:

I mean yeah fair enough , for many it is the day out and seeing your mates . I suspect for a large proportion of the 20k we have at each game , that’s the reason.  

Well it's not been for the football 😂

50 minutes ago, Grandad said:

That's a fair point. If I reflect on my recent attendances I struggle to identify when I last looked forward to the actual game. 

The football is almost secondary to catching up with family and friends and of course a Beres pork sandwich. In a post covid world, I wonder if the novelty of going to the pub and watching score updates on TV will be preferable to paying £39 to sit in the cold watching us hoof it about.

• Thanks 1

Guest Grandad
9 minutes ago, striker said:

That's a fair point. If I reflect on my recent attendances I struggle to identify when I last looked forward to the actual game. 

The football is almost secondary to catching up with family and friends and of course a Beres pork sandwich. In a post covid world, I wonder if the novelty of going to the pub and watching score updates on TV will be preferable to paying £39 to sit in the cold watching us hoof it about.

That's my biggest worry for the future of the club

A year without football, means I have an extra £2k in my back pocket (I go to lots of away games too). I don't enjoy watching us on TV but then I haven't really enjoyed watching us in person for a good while either (apart from very brief spells).

I've got out of the habit, and if that can happen to me then I'm sure I will be one of many

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Are you speaking for everybody now?

More people than he is.

Chansiri couldn't recoup hardly any of he's put in, even if he tried. There's no gain for Chansiri. 

Be greatful for the good times, let him learn and in time, he will protect his investment with the right decisions. 

He's never tried to do anything on the cheap. 

Edited by bigash_swfc
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Grandad said:

That's my biggest worry for the future of the club

A year without football, means I have an extra £2k in my back pocket (I go to lots of away games too). I don't enjoy watching us on TV but then I haven't really enjoyed watching us in person for a good while either (apart from very brief spells).

I've got out of the habit, and if that can happen to me then I'm sure I will be one of many

Agree, it's an unknown for the whole of football I suppose. 

It's a 6 hour round trip for me, so not an easy or cheap undertaking to attend a game. 

Admittedly I threw my toys out of the pram when Pulis was appointed, but haven't even been bothered to pay £10 to watch on ifollow since, never mind the ticket and travel costs of attending in person. 

It's quite surprising how quickly I got used to not watching games. I suppose the apathy and lack of excitement over the last few years has helped. I won't be paying a penny to watch a Pulis team, but wondering how motivated I'll be to make the regular trips with the expense incurred when he goes. 

As you say, once you get out of the habit, there has to be something to draw you back. 

The enforced absence due to covid watching on TV forces focus firmly on the football, without the social elements, as you said. In those terms it exposes just how poor the product on the pitch actually is. 

58 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

More people than he is.

Chansiri couldn't recoup hardly any of he's put in, even if he tried. There's no gain for Chansiri. 

Be greatful for the good times, let him learn and in time, he will protect his investment with the right decisions. 

He's never tried to do anything on the cheap. 

Have you seen our squad? lol

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Absolutely - someone who knows how to run a football club would be nice. Milan didn't have deep pockets but he left us in far better shape than Chansiri will

The same Milan who would have sold us for  a dodgy geezer from Azerbaijan . ALL owners are about  about money, ours is no excepti

We’ve kept our side of the bargain, I’m not sure Dejphon has kept his...

It was clear that the questions relative directly to the football were the most pertinent in terms of general interest amongst our supporters, so in the interests of transparency, the answers are published below:

A) Would you prefer the prices at Sheffield Wednesday across the board, for example Season Tickets, matchday tickets, official merchandise, corporate hospitality, were reduced to previous eras? The consequence of this would be the sale of key senior players, regular promotion to the first team of academy youngsters and a reduced level of investment.

Answer: Yes 29.94% No 70.06%

B) Alternatively, would you prefer the club to build on the current level of investment, maintain the pricing structure, and extend our ongoing strategy geared towards promotion to the Premier League.

Answer: Yes: 70.14%  No: 29.86%

• Like 6

I think the defunding of Chansiri will happen naturally if we are relegated. He is daft enough to think that he will be able to get away with top dollar ticket prices in L1 and that will see gates in the region of 10-12K whenever crowds are allowed back.

Whatever happens we are locked in a loveless embrace with this bloke because nobody is going to buy us for the amount of money he will want. Chansiri has now got himself the choice of pouring more cash into the money pit to achieve his dream of the the prem or if the tap is turned off then he is going to see his 350 million go down the swanny.

He desperately needs to employ a good CEO to run the club on a day to day basis then step back. Given the last five years of narcissism, control freakery, batshizz crazy decision making I cant see this happening.

• Like 1