#DefundChansiri

Guest Hornsby
4 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Is that why we got to within a couple of minutes being wound up in the courts?.

Ok  , mostly solvent.

Fear we'll get past that stage with these two quite soon.

If he don't pay lender like with players now, we are history

Guest Hornsby
14 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

I cannot argue with that.

Plus, it make's harder for him to find a buyer.

Too true, except a vulture buyer like Coventry's owners.

Keepmoat here we come.

On 11/12/2020 at 21:35, RichSheffWeds said:

I love these keyboard warriors. 

Like it or not, he put his money where his mouth is. 

And he’s still bankrolling the club. 

Unless there is a buyer lined up you are wasting your breath.  

Unless you’re going to take the risk and buy him out, then bankroll the losses until we turn things around ?

You could gather a crack team of protesters and have a whip round. 

Its just an opinion mate,i wouldn't describe him as a keyboard warrior,personally i agree with the sentiment behind the post...of course not buying shirts etc,wont even make a dent in the Clubs finances,but if we look at Charlton(as an example) it wasn't until season tickets hit a record low,that things changed....Friends in Blackpool similarly protested with their ownership....But in S6???   

When will be enough? what will be your personal 'no more'?  I wont personally put one penny towards WW or JR Rhodes wages...Ive had enough...

After they have gone,i will rethink.....I will never stop supporting SWFC.....Didnt bother me when they were in Div 3..(where we are heading now,in my view)   

I feel at the minute the game we all love is ripping the **** out of the fanbase   I love football,but does it love us back?

• Like 2

On 12/12/2020 at 10:17, sage owl said:

Genuine question if you feel like you do why go back. 

Why do we all go back?  Ive been a Wednesday 'fan' since i moved to Hillsborough with my parents from Darnall in the early 60s...I could no more stop supporting my team,than i could support the Blades...

We dont choose it do we? we are born into it.....Lived within sight of the 'flloodlights' till my mid thirtys  blue & white stripes in my veins....havnt we all?  

Doesn't being  a SWFC supporter for almost 60 years(me and others) prove something?....we are at least LOYAL.....if people like me are now Q if 

we should allegedly continue with this regime at S6  how bad must it be?

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
On 13/12/2020 at 20:20, adelphi1867 said:

What about the previous 20 years?.

We aint be poo just for 6 years..

Yes DC is responsible for those 6 years, but the decline began in 1997, down wards ever since.

Apart from the 5 years under Milan where we finished progressively higher every season, and the first 2 years where that impetus (and Chansiri investment) carried us to higher finishes again. So 7 consecutive years of higher finishes.

Guest FoxOwl12

Okay then, where would we have been if Chansiri hadn't put his money in. Answer that. And as far as the points deduction, don't you think the Inland Revenue would have come down on us like a ton of bricks if he had done anything fraudulent. How and when we submit our accounts is a matter between the club and the IR, and they found nothing wrong,  sodall to do with the EFL. If Chansiri is guilty of anything it is being naive, certainly not dishonesty.

1 minute ago, FoxOwl12 said:

Okay then, where would we have been if Chansiri hadn't put his money in. Answer that. And as far as the points deduction, don't you think the Inland Revenue would have come down on us like a ton of bricks if he had done anything fraudulent. How and when we submit our accounts is a matter between the club and the IR, and they found nothing wrong,  sodall to do with the EFL. If Chansiri is guilty of anything it is being naive, certainly not dishonesty.

A lot better off and still owning our own Stadium.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, FoxOwl12 said:

Okay then, where would we have been if Chansiri hadn't put his money in. Answer that.  

Since he arrived we've spent 350Million plus, dropped down the league to a worse position, got a squad worth nothing, got mad high ticket prices on the gate and sold our stadium

Which part of it is a success?

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

27 minutes ago, FoxOwl12 said:

It's not sod all to do with the EFL, if Wednesday wish to take part in the EFL Championship, then they have to play buy the EFL Rules and that includes financial fair play rules, as much as rules about the footballing side.  I've mentioned it before, but Wednesday can avoid these rules by simply resigning from the EFL.  

As for where we'd be without Chansiri's £350m.  My guess, is a mid-table Championship team, we'd own our own stadium, and we'd have to sell and buy in the market at a rate that we can afford. 

There's a thing called the "curse of oil".  It means that when you're born with something you don't really have to work for, then it makes you lazy and think that money is the solution to every problem.  That's why Chansiri doesn't know what to do, and now, because of sheer incompetence, isn't allowed to do it*

*note: can do it if he resigns Wednesday from the EFL, which I hope he does to stick two fingers up to the EFL.  

*Note 2: Ignore that Chansiri is using backstreet lenders against our home of 120 years.  It's all fine.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 11:25, @owlstalk said:

I'd love to hear your overview of how you think Chansiri has done over the last 6 years

How do you think he's done?

Well, better than some and not as well as others! A bit like the rest of us really. He clearly was in love with the idea of having his own club and there is little doubt he has invested in SWFC significantly. Like most on here, I agree that he has been badly advised but I don’t know enough to lay that blame at anyone’s particular door. I think hindsight is a wonderful thing and no more so than in football. If The Owls had only turned up against Hull - if the injuries hadn’t hit in the playoffs the following year, if Fessi had  just got on the bus etc. 
There are much worse chairmen out there. He’s been unlucky, and he’s made some bad decisions too - Lukuhay was a clanger and a half but I didn’t think Monk had a fair time with his own team bearing in mind the ageing squad and the characters that he inherited. Yep, Bruce did well briefly but it was the last gasp of a team in terminal decline. Pulis needs the same three transfer windows but whether two of those will be in one league lower remains to be seen. I remember when Harry Catterick left and Vic Buckingham and Allan Brown only had a Cup Final appearance until Harry’s side faded into oblivion - they were worth far more. Same again when Francis followed Big Ron and the team failed to kick on because of a poor Board and Chairman. These were real football men but had problems with an effective business strategy. What we have now, in my opinion ( other opinions are available) is a businessman who looks too often in the wrong direction for a football strategy. Hopefully he and Big Tony will find the magic formula and kick on.

So, I hope he’s learned something ( he will have of course) but we almost made it twice ..I think had Gary Hooper not been injured we would be in the Prem where a different strategy altogether- without FFP -would fit his business model. I’m not a scathing of him as others- not by a long way- and I think he’ll come good. He’s loyal and he loves his team. It’s a good basis. 

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Apart from the 5 years under Milan where we finished progressively higher every season, and the first 2 years where that impetus (and Chansiri investment) carried us to higher finishes again. So 7 consecutive years of higher finishes.

1st in the 1st Division, then the Championship for the rest, not including the decline in the Prem after the 1996-97 season, when we finished 7th.

That just sums up Wednesday for me, 24 years of decline, interspersed with low level success.

3 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Too true, except a vulture buyer like Coventry's owners.

Keepmoat here we come.

They can kill the ground, but not the club.

Look at Wimbledon, Coventry for example.

If it means we have to ground share, with Donny or Barnsley, so be it, then all the posters and Blue Knights on here can invest/ Raise the money to revive the club.

After all running a club is easy, innit?.

Guest Hornsby
3 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

They can kill the ground, but not the club.

Look at Wimbledon, Coventry for example.

If it means we have to ground share, with Donny or Barnsley, so be it, then all the posters and Blue Knights on here can invest/ Raise the money to revive the club.

After all running a club is easy, innit?.

Running a club better than Chansiri is, that's for sure.

Would you have bought Dunks and Urby?

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

Latest rumour I have heard (and I believe, given who it’s from and evidence I have seen) is that boilers are bust so changing rooms are heated by halogen heaters, and non playing subs aren’t allowed a shower😬

Surely that's just a case of calling the man out to fix it

All our club staff are sat making outbound calls to our fans for season ticket refunds so just add the plumber to the end of that list and SORTED!

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hornsby
19 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

No, but I would not have bought DiCanio at the time too, we did not need any of them at the time.

Rangers need 20,000 fans to raise dosh to buy their massive and solvent club.

We'd probably need most of our  15,000 of our season ticket holders to front up £1,000 each.

With 10% discounts on future tickets etc for 10 years, no problem.

Chansiri's way out , with respect left.  

Think now is an appropriate time to re-visit this.

We need to get behind the team whoever is playing for us but we need to make Chumpsiri know that he's not welcome at Hillsborough and that we want him gone.

Get to Hillsborough and support the lads but don't give him a penny more.

#SupportTheTeamNotTheRegime

#LoveWednesdayHateChansiri