One of the worst games of football I have ever seen!

Let’s see what pullis does transfer wise before we start slating him. If he doesn’t bring in a couple of players who can change it then throw him in the river don. But ffs I honestly don’t think Koop pep or sir Alex could get a tune out of this lot. Monk has created a team in his own image. Dull.

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

NO COMPLAINING ABOUT PULIS STYLE

It's not allowed

You knew what you were getting when you celebrated landing him as our manager

If Monk was here you’d be having a wafty crank over a clean sheet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Think tank said:

Absolutely wretched football match!

A lot of work for TP to do!

We lack pace up front.

We do not have a goal scorer, any where in the squad.

What do fans expect?, for us to attack and LOSE.?.

We have to make sure we are not left behind before we can bring in another Forward or two.

poo no shot on goal. They were awful and we just parked the bus. 

Can I ask... we desperately need a striker yes! But how many chances are we creating for that would be striker.

Long ball down the pitch.... teams (other teams) have very quick players. This is our season now. All in front of our goal. And launch it forward for them to sweep up. 

If they had put Campbell on Van Aken and give him plenty of the ball he would have peed past him time and time again. CBs don't work well at FB. 

Then again we sit back so I suppose if they have nowhere to run it can work but you get only the launch it attacks we saw today.

Main thing today is more proof we Might not conceed but we won't score and draws will relegate us!

Just now, Athelwulf said:

Good.

That's how it's supposed to be when you've got poo on the pitch.

There's nothing Stoke would have liked more than our going out there and trying to play attractive, entertaining, attacking football.

...and they'd have put three past us.

I agree.

3 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

Nope. Look at our league position and look at Stokes ...I don’t want entertaining until we become really really hard to beat and really frustrating for the opposition. I’ll take what Pulis is doing right now. 

If I believed this was part of a process of steady improvement I would agree with you.  Given our current squad and what I’ve seen from Pulis in the past I can’t see much to look forward to until new signings (I hope) in January.  Even then I’m far from convinced that we will use the window wisely.

Guest Manwithastick
18 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Turgid football, but we limited free scoring Stoke to next to nothing. Be interesting to see how we fair vs a team that’s about our level. 

Do folk actually understand the definition of the word 'turgid'? I see it used a lot on here, seemingly to describe something

poor/terrible/boring/crap? 

It doesn't mean that and never has. 

I thought we were the dominant team and showed attacking intent against a high flying, good quality squad. Were missing the quality in the final third and the odd other position but don't really know what more people can ask for apart from that. 

Passing it nicely with some long ball mixed in. You can see the plays but weve not quite all the attacking players we need for it. I think it's more the odd addition, rather than wholesale changes we need to make us into a good team. 

Certainly not leaking goals, solid defence (Van Aken is prob a weakness though), cutting high flying teams down to next to no chances and also making some for ourselves or at least getting it succesfully into the final third. I think with the right acquisitions up front and on the wing that will soon change and turn into good shots/chances. 

Just now, Athelwulf said:

Under Monk, we'd have conceded in injury time.

I agree. We have a poor squad.

Pulis does seem one dimensional and we don’t have the player that he needs to play his style.

However, we do seem more resilient.

14 minutes ago, Plonk said:

And if you don’t have any strikers you won’t score any goals. All the monkettes who were saying let him sign his own players and get rid of the bad eggs, well this is the result.

at least we aren’t getting tonked 3 0 by Rotherham anymore. 

I said we should have got rid of Monk and keep the likes of Fletcher, Foriesteri, Nuhiu and Hutchinson!

We'd have those players over the rubbish that Monk signed in summer!