One of the worst games of football I have ever seen!

6 minutes ago, Tommo1867 said:

Stoke have been scoring 3s and 4s a game recently. Today our keeper had hardly anything to do. We're making ends meet until he can get the players he knows we need. 

Common sense alert.

But according to some on here Stoke were crap and the same difficulty as playing Luton and Wycombe.  So I don’t know what to believe 

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Like 7

48 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

Do folk actually understand the definition of the word 'turgid'? I see it used a lot on here, seemingly to describe something

poor/terrible/boring/crap? 

It doesn't mean that and never has. 

That was a swollen performance!

76EB2997-6D15-49C8-BA67-4A02F5DC9F57.jpeg

Edited by FreshOwl

12 minutes ago, Tommo1867 said:

Stoke have been scoring 3s and 4s a game recently. Today our keeper had hardly anything to do. We're making ends meet until he can get the players he knows we need. 

We're seeing the benefit now of a manager who knows what he's doing.

By rights, we should have been beaten comfortably today.

What I saw is a team which is now very disciplined, and one which is disruptive, not allowing a quality team like Stoke get into their rhythm.

The job of a manager is to get the best results from what he has to work with, and Pulis is doing that.

It's points against teams like Stoke which in the final reckoning will keep us up.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Common sense alert.

But according to some on here Stoke were crap and the same difficulty as playing Luton and Wycombe.  So I don’t know what to believe 

We should play the same way, namely open, attacking football no matter how bad we are, nor how good our opponents are.

If we played the way some on this site want, we'd be conceding 2 or 3 goals a game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

Turgid football, but we limited free scoring Stoke to next to nothing. Be interesting to see how we fair vs a team that’s about our level. 

Exactly. Stoke have scored 9 in last 3 games before today. They didn’t get a sniff and we looked the better team in the second half. But we are massively lacking upfront unfortunately. 

• Like 2

As a neutral I can imagine as a game of football it wasn’t a good watch. 

But from a Wednesday perspective only, while it wasn’t eventful it certainly wasn’t the worst performance. 

Pulis has made us solid, we give away very few chances. A month ago we was getting rolled over by Rotherham, and even Wycombe deservedly beat us! We’ve been away to a very good Swansea team that sat 4th and played well and picked up a good point. Today we played a Stoke side who are just outside the play offs and scored 12 goals in their last 5 games and we resorted them to nothing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

So if we avoid defeat, drawing all our remaining games, would we have sufficient points to avoid relegation? I don’t think we would. If we can’t expect to beat teams like Preston or Stoke, where do we think the wins will come from?

Well, we never beat Preston away.

It doesn't matter who the manager is, nor how good we are.

We never beat Preston away.

We've got two draws against two teams who're much better than us.

But not all teams in this division are as good as them, and there are winnable games between now and the end of the season.

Especially if we get some pace and power up front.