One of the worst games of football I have ever seen!

Just now, Freshfish said:

Excellent performance. Not pretty but well organised and getting the best out of what we have. Not afraid to make substitutions and really frustrating for Stoke...I’ll take that every week until we become even harder to beat. 

Well done Wednesday and well done Pulis. 

You have to be joking, I usually find something to enjoy about a game of football but today was shocking.  Fully expect our ‘hard to beat’ style to see us still in bottom 3 at Christmas and can only hope for a couple of inspired signings in January to help us beat the drop.

Just now, jonnyowl said:

If we don't score goals we won't win football matches!

And if you don’t have any strikers you won’t score any goals. All the monkettes who were saying let him sign his own players and get rid of the bad eggs, well this is the result.

at least we aren’t getting tonked 3 0 by Rotherham anymore. 

• Like 3

Just now, Kew Owl said:

It’s a useful point against one of the better teams in the division - a solid workmanlike performance - not too unhappy with a draw TBH.

I wouldn’t say that 

Stoke were crap. People saying they’ll be up there at the end of the season are smoking crack.

One shot I recall all game at the end 

We’re getting cut further adrift at the bottom 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

We will - 100%

But it's gonna be so boring to watch

lol

We'll be reyt though - I'm 100% confident

We'll just bore out way out of the relegation spots

We might have no choice mate. Thing is 12 goals conceded in 14 games is not that bad a defensive record. Our problems are at the other end but I think he’ll have to make do and mend with the options he has until January but strangely I don’t See us losing many games between now and then.

• Like 1

Just now, FreshOwl said:

I wouldn’t say that 

Stoke were crap. People saying they’ll be up there at the end of the season are smoking crack.

One shot I recall all game at the end 

We’re getting cut further adrift at the bottom 

Nothing to do with how well we defended then?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got to be careful what you wish for when we have an idiot making the decisions. 

You lot hounded monk out, completely oblivious to the real problem.

If you thought the football was bad under monk, I’ve just watched us play Stoke (not Barcelona) and have a meagre 5 shots with 0 on target.

We get rid of one manager and replace him with worse!

Awful awful game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

You have to be joking, I usually find something to enjoy about a game of football but today was shocking.  Fully expect our ‘hard to beat’ style to see us still in bottom 3 at Christmas and can only hope for a couple of inspired signings in January to help us beat the drop.

Nope. Look at our league position and look at Stokes ...I don’t want entertaining until we become really really hard to beat and really frustrating for the opposition. I’ll take what Pulis is doing right now. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Nothing to do with how well we defended then?

Are you suggesting we fully blocked them out for 90 mins through heroic defending? 

They were nearly as awful as us. 

It was a game of slice football 

Think the ball was out in touch more than it was in-play 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Haha 1

We were the better side. Stoke were in the top 6 right? Defensively look very strong. Unfortunately not a lot any manager would be able to do with the options up front. There is not one standout quality amongst any of the strikers we have.

Creativity out wide is also a huge problem. I thought Reach did ok again, but far too reliant on Harris this afternoon who yet again struggled immensely. 

• Like 4

Don’t get all the complaining - we have next to nothing up front , dire need of strikers 

pulis is doing the best he can with a massively under balanced squad 

he knows, we ain’t going to score 2/3/4 goals - so making us hard to beat , eg clean sheets and aiming for a goal from a set play 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We were the better side. Stoke were in the top 6 right? Defensively look very strong. Unfortunately not a lot any manager would be able to do with the options up front. There is not one standout quality amongst any of the strikers we have.

Creativity out wide is also a huge problem. I thought Reach did ok again, but far too reliant on Harris this afternoon who yet again struggled immensely. 

totally agree 

15 minutes ago, Think tank said:

Absolutely wretched football match!

A lot of work for TP to do!

This is exactly what you get week in, week out under Pulis. He's been doing it for decades, he won't change now. 

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Are you suggesting we fully blocked them out for 90 mins through heroic defending? 

They were nearly as awful as us. 

It was a game of slice football 

Think the ball was out of touch more than it was in-play 

Our whole team shape defended well and stopped them creating goal scoring opportunities. We didn’t get players forward or play more attacking players as that would have created more space at the back.  Anyway,  different opinions and all that 

• Thanks 1