Wednesday - V - Stoke (H) omdt

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Think Pulis will turn us in to a solid hard working team but unfortunately I don’t think we will have the quality to score goals and win that many games. 

We already were a solid, hard-working team for the most part.

We need to find a way to score goals on a more consistent basis, otherwise the inevitable awaits...

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We already were a solid, hard-working team for the most part.

We need to find a way to score goals on a more consistent basis, otherwise the inevitable awaits...

This is why I didn't get appointing Pulis!

Just another example of DC not having a clue!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Which of our cutting and thrusting free scoring strikers do you think our tactics should be revolving around?

Snooty 

I detect you’re more Lord Charles today and Neil is your Ray Alan 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Excuses, Excuses. 

We have the players. 

I admire your faith in the players currently available to Pulis but think it's misplaced, upfront we are abysmal. 

Rhodes, Paterson, Marriott, Windass... Not many teams in the league would want those starting in their team. 

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

These players were signed under Carvalhal, Luhukay, Bruce, Bullen and Monk.

I'm sure Monk would have loved to have been able to add more quality than he did in the summer, but circumstances were against us thanks to the chairman's prior actions. 

The point remains that we simply have no genuine attacking quality in our squad.

Monk could have prioritised signing an actual striker or trying to keep someone like Nuhiu rather than signing makeshift bit parts like Windass, Kachunga, Paterson etc. 

He was part of bizarre recruitment which got rid of players who played regularly and brought in players not suited to the system, no left-back and a CB who still isn't fit to play.