Wednesday - V - Stoke (H) omdt

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

i honestly don’t think we will with the current squad? January transfer window imo will define our season. 

Probably, yeah.

Hopefully we're a more attractive proposition now that the points deduction has been reduced, or perhaps we'll have a bit more financial wriggle room now that we know for certain which season the ground sale counts towards?

Either way, we just have to try and make sure we get to January still in touch with those above the drop zone.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I think our recruitment was severely hamstrung by our points deduction, but even more by our lack of financial wriggle room.

We know that Monk wanted to keep Fletcher, but we were seemingly unable to match Stoke's offer. I seriously doubt Paterson was at the top of his list of prospective target men, but as the transfer window ebbed away, it seems we took what we could get.

Of course we were hampered by it, no point signing a bunch of makeshift players that don't offer any improvement though when what we really needed was a proper striker. Paterson and Kachunga will be on decent wages, what are they giving us?