Soft tissue injuries - Tony Pulis identifies the reason for it

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I can remember the same conversations around the time that Sturrock or Laws was here.. so different players but same problems.

i don’t get why certain players don’t get injured though if the facilities are the cause. Someone like Palmer or Reach are rarely injured whereas others are constantly 

Good point.

I suppose some players, who maybe are quicker, or are physically stronger have different demands on their bodies, certain players like Antonio or Michael Owen always pick up hamstring injuries, due to the quick bursts of speed etc - I guess each player needs their own fitness regiment, along with the usual warm-up/warm-down routines that they all do?

I’d love to know what he thinks the issue is. 

Stems back to Carlos in 17/18 bemoaning injuries as the reason behind our poor form. 

Bruce similarly raised the issue plenty of times and his solution appeared to be bringing in Strudwick.

Monk again, another manager who was hampered by injuries. 

It’s been an issue for over 3 years. I really hope Pulis has a solution. 

I know we recently lost Iorfa and Marriott in training but surely most of the other injuries to Lees, Luongo, Flint Shaw Brown and Palmer all happened during matches.

Not sure the training pitches could be responsible for that, sounds more like warm ups and conditioning. 

Then on top of that we seem to have had a couple of players suspended for several games. That’s surely down to team discipline and it was noticeable at Swansea that we gave away far fewer silly free kicks in our own half of the pitch.

6 hours ago, cowl said:

Seems to implicate the coaching, physio and medical practices as the root cause. So covering most of the bases there!

Perhaps only the facilities and the players themselves could be pointed at.

There was about 20 tonne of sand in the training ground car park the other day! Maybe the ground is too hard which is something I've seen mentioned before! 

The ongoing injury problem at our club is literally one of the biggest and most significant issues we have. 
I swear if Tony Pulis identifies and then solves the problem I will start a campaign to have him made a living saint!

He will be Saint Tony of Hillsborough, the patron saint of overpaid cry babies. 

And I’ll also buy him a new cap.

ive asked about wether the training ground was too soft a surface resulting in twisted ankles and strains  before but never seen an answer,also was the training ground surface the reason the under 23s stopped playing matches there and moved to stocksbridge?i would appreciate some answers.

1 hour ago, bazz123 said:

ive asked about wether the training ground was too soft a surface resulting in twisted ankles and strains  before but never seen an answer,also was the training ground surface the reason the under 23s stopped playing matches there and moved to stocksbridge?i would appreciate some answers.

During Carlos’s reign Chris Turner commented on the subject of injuries on Radio Sheffield after a match at Hillsborough. He said that during his time at the club he always felt the training ground surfaces were too hard. Whether that’s still the case or not I don’t know.

Someone said many years ago it was the training ground but we didn't have the money to sort it.....

On fitness, of course we need to be super fit he has his team's chasing down the opposition in our half breaking up their play and the needs players to charge down the pitch. It's knackering to be behind the ball closing down most of the game then charge forward. That's why it doesn't happen every two minutes in the game.