Soft tissue injuries - Tony Pulis identifies the reason for it

We have picked up too many muscular injuries and there’s a reason for that.

We have identified that.

"I want a very fit, organised, positive team that plays on the pitch. I want a very positive front foot group of coaching and medical staff."

I have been in the game a long time and I want people to question what I’m doing.

Hopefully everyone buys into what we are trying to do.

I want a very fit, organised, positive team that plays on the pitch. I want a very positive front foot group of coaching and medical staff.

• Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
10 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Maybe we were buying cheap own-label stuff instead of Kleenex

Exactly. That sandpaper-like stuff damaged Westwood’s groin when he was....

Doesn’t really say what the problem is that they’ve identified though.

I hope he does know the answer to what’s been plaguing the squad for the last three seasons.

Proof will come between now and new year.
Can we get through a crowded fixture list without more hamstring and calf strains etc.

Edited by Blatter
Correction
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Soft tissue injuries

He's identified the issue

(he's not told us what that is but he's identified was what causing it which is good enough for me)

What a tease keeping it a secret.

Seriously though we’ve had five managers, wholesale changes to medical staff and physios. We have a highly regarded conditioning coach in Strudwick on board but are still plagued by soft tissue injuries.

I really hope Pulis is right and his years of experience have led him to  identify a problem within a week that so many others have failed to do in three seasons. 

• Like 3

Interesting that Carlos, Jos, Bruce & Monk along with their associated fitness & medical staff couldn’t get to the bottom of our injury issues but Pulis says he’s identified the problem in less than a fortnight.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

Interesting that Carlos, Jos, Bruce & Monk along with their associated fitness & medical staff couldn’t get to the bottom of our injury issues but Pulis says he’s identified the problem in less than a fortnight.

Just not mentioned how to fix it, or what is causing it - and admitted he shouldn't be playing Luongo because he's not ready yet, but continues to do so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Wow been here 2 weeks and he's already solved the cause of soft tissue injuries. I hope he lets me know so I can start using this approach on my NHS musckeletal patients lol

To be fair he might just have seen that we're training every day in studs on concrete or something

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Hasn't the quality of the training pitches been questioned before when this topic was being discussed? 

It has

For years it has been said (and I've been told) that the surface at Middlewood is far far too thin

Not sure if it's ever been sorted, but that's been the thoughts for as long as I can remember

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

It has

For years it has been said (and I've been told) that the surface at Middlewood is far far too thin

Not sure if it's ever been sorted, but that's been the thoughts for as long as I can remember

I can remember the same conversations around the time that Sturrock or Laws was here.. so different players but same problems.

i don’t get why certain players don’t get injured though if the facilities are the cause. Someone like Palmer or Reach are rarely injured whereas others are constantly 

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

I can remember the same conversations around the time that Sturrock or Laws was here.. so different players but same problems.

i don’t get why certain players don’t get injured though if the facilities are the cause. Someone like Palmer or Reach are rarely injured whereas others are constantly 

Yeah true

Not sure if the Middlewood thing is true these days (although the sources i've had tell me in the past about it are as reliable as it gets)

Owlstalk Shop