England men's fixtures omdt.

Have a feeling Grealish will flip. He's a special talent, but maybe one of those players that suits the "big fish in a small-ish pond"

He can have a bad game for Villa and it doesn't get noticed. Have a poor game for City and he will be scrutinised. 

Kane... I don't get it. When I see him score for fun for Spurs, he's hanging on the last man or stood in the box waiting for a sniff.

For England he's either in a DM role and not quick enough to get back in position or stood outside crossing to no one.

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Still unconvinced by Phillips. Plays the easy option more times than not.

Would prefer Ward-Prowse in there 

He’s the one for me, if we are being harsh (and we need to be if we are going to go up the level  that we need to be) he always seems to need a bit of time to think.

Can Bellingham be the one that makes the difference back there?

• Haha 1

It's a tough game and some individuals aren't shining but we have shown over the few years or so and especially yhis year that we are pretty good overall. Look at the likes of Germany, Spain and France who've all dropped points on these qualifiers and lost games. Even Italy couldn't beat Bulgaria.

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Having said all that Sterling doesn't want to pass tonight. Weird, he creates the space then loses it by turning another direction. 

He's pretty much always done it, his decision making is a bit suspect.

His positioning, timing and finishing all make up for it though.

Think Rice has been excellent so far and surprised at the meh reviews of Phillips cos he's been good tonight too. 

I'd be getting Bellingham on for Mount and be looking at him getting more game time in future. 

I'd also be tempted to try Foden in the Mount role if he's fit v Andorra and the last couple of games 

• Like 1

Double Pivot of Rice and Philips quite rightly gets praise for defensive strength, but you need creativity in that position to win tight games against top opposition.  

Bellingham should replace one of those two in the starting 11.. probably Rice for me as he is too one dimensional. Any other league/country and he wouldn't be thought of as a top player. 

• Like 1