England men's fixtures omdt.

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Not sure what game people were watching. Poland did nothing. 

England are a top side and I’m not sure people can get their head around that after all the years of disappointment. 

You’re watching a different game to me.

We absolutely could be a top side but, we’re not. Top sides don’t draw that game. They see out the result.

We had all the ball in the second half and, relied on a 25 yard screamer to register our first shot on target.

Very good team, crap manager lucky to be anywhere near england team, no idea what to do tactically with subs, bottles it with 5 at back and all out defence in big games.

Bamford over greenwood, no grealish till 100m move, will waste that vast talent when it counts

Edited by Ash77
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

No idea how England have not won that. By far and away the better team. 

Poland’s persistent fouling was a bit of a leveller. 

Just now, vulva said:

England are a top side and I’m not sure people can get their head around that after all the years of disappointment. 

Tend to agree. I actually feel like we’re a top top team (Harry Redknapp voice) and it’s refreshing yet almost hard to believe. 

Apart from Lewandowski, Poland are average compared to us IMO 

Just now, 0wl18 said:

We absolutely could be a top side but, we’re not. Top sides don’t draw that game. They see out the result.

We had all the ball in the second half and, relied on a 25 yard screamer to register our first shot on target.

Are Italy a top team? They drew at home to Bulgaria the other day.

Just now, 0wl18 said:

Yes we don’t seem to be at our full potential 

im not too fussed about the result because I went Poland to qualify too but the performance was poor 

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Agree with this. We didn’t win today due mainly to bad management. We weren’t at our best, but not too bad a result considering away from home with 0 England fans in a hostile 60k crowd. Look across Europe the last week and a lot of the big nations have slipped up or sneaked through their matches

Just now, Adem Poric said:

England are a quality side. 

The only issue we have his our negativity.

This. 

Still a worrying trait of going a bit too negative when we get a goal ahead, particularly against better teams or in more challenging situations. 

Poland aren't world beaters, but they are a potential threat on their own patch and we've been punished tonight. 

4 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

I dread to think what your view is when you watch Wednesday play 

we were the better side throughout the game. Disappointing last 5 minutes. decision to not make any subs at all after the goal to even just break up the play & waste a bit of time didn’t pay off 

we go onto Andorra, tomorrow’s job is to book flights! 

Just now, JoshTheOwl said:

I dread to think what your view is when you watch Wednesday play 

we were the better side throughout the game. Disappointing last 5 minutes. decision to not make any subs at all after the goal to even just break up the play & waste a bit of time didn’t pay off 

we go onto Andorra, tomorrow’s job is to book flights! 

How you getting to all these places given the current restrictions? 

Is Andorra on the green list? 

2 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Are Italy a top team? They drew at home to Bulgaria the other day.

You’re missing the point entirely.

We’ve missed out on a World Cup final due to an inept manager being unable to see out a game.

We’ve missed out on our first major trophy in 55 years because, the same manager couldn’t see a game out. Repeating the same mistakes we made 3 years prior.

We’re now unable to see out a game against a plucky Polish team because, the same manager, keeps making the same mistakes. 

Nobody can question what Southgate has brought back to the national team. People tune in to every game, and, it’s generally the hope that kills you. Unfortunately he’s not learning from his mistakes. 

• Like 4

This poor manager everyone is on about has just taken us to a major final. Maybe them calling him a poor manager haven’t say through years of bobbar watching teams put together by Taylor, Keegan, Sven, Capello et al. Some people have short memories. He’s done a really good job. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, 0wl18 said:

You’re missing the point entirely.

We’ve missed out on a World Cup final due to an inept manager being unable to see out a game.

We’ve missed out on our first major trophy in 55 years because, the same manager couldn’t see a game out. Repeating the same mistakes we made 3 years prior.

We’re now unable to see out a game against a plucky Polish team because, the same manager, keeps making the same mistakes. 

Nobody can question what Southgate has brought back to the national team. People tune in to every game, and, it’s generally the hope that kills you. Unfortunately he’s not learning from his mistakes. 

Missed out on a World Cup final?