England men's fixtures omdt.

Hear me out before you start to have a go.  

These last four games have been appalling.  However, this is a nothing tournament and a time to try things, which Southgate has done - so I don't think he can or should be sacked on the strength of these performances and, let's face it, he won't be.  What Southgate needs to do is learn from these games.

He needs to learn that some of the senior players are now not good enough. 

He needs to learn that most of the players he's introduced aren't ready or aren't good enough. 

He needs to learn that some of the capable players ego's have got in the way. 

He needs to learn that some of the formations that he has tried don't work.  

The time to sack Southgate is if he clearly shows that he hasn't learnt from this set of games.  

I am not defending Southgate or the team, BTW, because everything about the last four games has been utter dog5h1t - I am just trying to understanding where we currently find ourselves.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Stop giving caps to players who clearly aren’t good enough. It’s that simple.

just cos they’ve had 5 or 6 good premier league games doesn’t mean they are capable of playing for England. 

Gallagher  - no

Bowen - no

Ramsdale - no

Saka - no

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Hear me out before you start to have a go.  

These last four games have been appalling.  However, this is a nothing tournament and a time to try things, which Southgate has done - so I don't think he can or should be sacked on the strength of these performances and, let's face it, he won't be.  What Southgate needs to do is learn from these games.

He needs to learn that some of the senior players are now not good enough. 

He needs to learn that most of the players he's introduced aren't ready or aren't good enough. 

He needs to learn that some of the capable players ego's have got in the way. 

He needs to learn that some of the formations that he has tried don't work.  

The time to sack Southgate is if he clearly shows that he hasn't learnt from this set of games.  

I am not defending Southgate or the team, BTW, because everything about the last four games has been utter dog5h1t - I am just trying to understanding where we currently find ourselves.  

You mean't Sack the Manager 

Lot less words .......

• Thanks 1

Just now, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Gareth Southgate would have far more chance winning a By Election than winning a game of football .....

#Horses for courses

He is very much the politician.  Let's see what he says tonight.  I want to see him utterly contrite and genuinely apologetic.  

1 minute ago, danblakemore said:

Stop giving caps to players who clearly aren’t good enough. It’s that simple.

just cos they’ve had 5 or 6 good premier league games doesn’t mean they are capable of playing for England. 

Gallagher  - no

Bowen - no

Ramsdale - no

Saka - no

Saka has proven on more than 1 occasion that he’s good enough. 

• Like 1

Just now, shandypants said:

He is very much the politician.  Let's see what he says tonight.  I want to see him utterly contrite and genuinely apologetic.  

The bloke sat and bemoaned the fact we rely on Kane to score the goals….whilst picking 7 defensive minded players…

• Like 4

People go on about the euro final and the WC semi, but this is the best England squad we've ever had. 

England under Southgate are a tough watch and let's be honest, if he was sacked in the nuhed struggle to get a job at one of the top clubs. 

Losing 3-0 and he brings a forward off for Maguire. The press should ask him what he was trying to achieve with that as all it did was give their back line more space to move the ball about, find a man who then scored!

• Haha 1

England are regressing to their level.  They had two kind draws in the last two major tournaments and went further than they really should've.

A good result in Qatar would be quarter finals, on  this form i'd just be happy to get out of the group...

• Like 2