Jack charlton and Tony Pulis

Did he? I think people are confusing his approach with Ireland with that at Wednesday. He had players such as Mirocevic, Bannister, Heard and Mills none of whom could be described as tough and uncompromising.Wednesday went more direct after Charlton left and Wilko came in .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pulis is his own man. Big Jack was a unique character in the game back in a different era when the game had characters. Big Jack had an aura about him, after being a World Cup winner, he was a very good manager, that made average players and teams, better than what they were. Can Pulis do something similar here to the likes of Big Jack and Sgt Wilko? Possibly but he'd do it his own way.

He's got the experience to do it but I feel he'll have to adapt more to the modern Championship, much like Bruce and Warnock have done. If Pulis, could keep us up, stabilise us and eventually get us pushing towards promotion during his reign, even despite his style of football, he'd become a club hero if he could bring the good times back. I think he'd have known that when accepting the job, whoever eventually gets us back up would become a  modern hero or legend, like Bielsa at Leeds for example. 

• Like 3