Will we sign a top striker in January?

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

My gut feeling is yes we will

Maybe Chansiri wasn’t convinced enough to spend whilst Monk was here but I’m confident Pulis will have been given assurances of squad building in January 

I don’t really know who we could bring in but am pretty sure Pulis will know a few 

I’m thinking a massive strong powerhouse of a striker who can lead the line, beat everyone in the air and finish well

Maybe a striker like we haven’t had for a long time?

January could be good 

Hope you're right.

We really missed Fletcher when he got injured last year.

Can see why we might've thought better of offering him what he wanted at the end of last year, (though he's got 4 up to now this season,) but we should've pulled out all the stops to find a replacement.

Striker 

A couple of midfielders 

A beast cdm

A bricksh1thouse upfront 

Send marriott and izzy back 

I'd consider that a successful transfer window 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Striker 

A couple of midfielders 

A beast cdm

A bricksh1thouse upfront 

So basically just what we obviously needed since getting out muscled by Hull in the play off final.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Striker 

A couple of midfielders 

A beast cdm

A bricksh1thouse upfront 

I’d keep hold o’Izzy-think there’s more t’come from him though send Marriott back, proper relief!

7 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Can't see it myself. We have 5 senior center forwards right now. That's more than any club should need. Can't see any being added until the end of the season when Rhodes' contract is up.

Surely what we will do is bring in a senior left back asap.

Five centre forwards? Really? I don’t think we’ve got one. We’ve got five players who can play there, but I wouldn’t class one of them as a proper centre forward

The version of Connor Wickham that could come in at the start of January fully fit, hit the ground running and stay fit till the end of the season would be ideal.

As it is though, he'd come in on the last day of January, take at least a month to get going, and then after 5 or 6 games of doing the business, get injured and that's it for the season.

Anyway, unless our current pool of strikers all of a sudden really step up to the plate, then signing a striker in January is an absolute must. And really, they need to be signed on the 1st of January while we still have half the season to come.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cowl said:

The version of Connor Wickham that could come in at the start of January fully fit, hit the ground running and stay fit till the end of the season would be ideal.

As it is though, he'd come in on the last day of January, take at least a month to get going, and then after 5 or 6 games of doing the business, get injured and that's it for the season.

Anyway, unless our current pool of strikers all of a sudden really step up to the plate, then signing a striker in January is an absolute must. And really, they need to be signed on the 1st of January while we still have half the season to come.

Wickham is a busted flush. We should leave well alone.

• Like 1

I think we will get some one probably a natural holder of the line/ target man ( hate that phrase ) I’m not implying big lump but somebody who can get the ball to stick and make things happen in the final 3rd

there’s a few of the current forwards that can be utilised in different positions abs I think pulis might just use one or two of them and n other areas 

not saying it will happen but 

windass and kachunga can play wide 

Patterson Rightback wing back midfield 

wouldn surprise me if pulis plays kachunga or Patterson in a wider position 

marriot needs something big to happen or derby can have him Back in January 

Either way we seem to be lacking a certain type of forward and we are  pretty unprolofic uptop