Will we sign a top striker in January?

14 hours ago, Owly Mowly said:

I would imagine that he will have the contacts needed to find the right players. 
We have to look forward with positivity and just take it as it comes. 

One of the main reasons that people should look forward to his tenure instead of moaning about his style of football 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Be suprised if that is the case. Can’t imagine Pulis agreeing to that 

Expecting loans in January. Mo Besic I’d say would be very likely

Think besic would be a great signing .. sit him in midfield alongside luongo and push bannan up field a bit ... 

38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So..

Goals arent a priority
Midfield doesn't matter

And our defenders are gonna become the new Paul Warhurst

This club's gone full Nora Batty

Just about yealol

50 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

WTF ?

Exactly goal scoring is a real problem in TPs teams. Its all about stifling the opposition and nicking games on set pieces, you only have to go through the record of clubs he has managed,

Goalkeeper would be top of my list. 

Then it all depends on the system but we desperately need cover for Bannan & Luongo. 

We are weak at full back/wing back

And as stated, a Striker would be good but unless we sort the team out further back we won't create for any forward. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sethman75 said:

Would rather a top keeper first.

I reckon we should have an extra 6 points so far with a proper keeper at the back.

We didn't score against Luton, Wycombe, Millwall, Rotherham, Bristol City.

Which of those games do you think a top keeper would have scored in to get us those 6 points ? 

• Love 1

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

My gut feeling is yes we will

Maybe Chansiri wasn’t convinced enough to spend whilst Monk was here but I’m confident Pulis will have been given assurances of squad building in January 

I don’t really know who we could bring in but am pretty sure Pulis will know a few 

I’m thinking a massive strong powerhouse of a striker who can lead the line, beat everyone in the air and finish well

Maybe a striker like we haven’t had for a long time?

January could be good 

Messi?

Just now, Mick70 said:
6 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Add a proper left back to that list as well.

Can’t see pulis coming here with nothing to spend at all? No matter how we slag Chansiri one thing he has done constantly is back his manager as much as he can? Pulis will know we lack a left back target man and when he takes training he’ll see for himself how we haven’t that much attacking quality? I’m sure they’ll be some free agents he’ll have already been checking out , gestede is surely past it but even a deal till end of season wouldn’t break us his and players like him income is zero atm so we offer wot we like take it or leave it