Will we sign a top striker in January?

3 hours ago, Asio otus said:

Just about yealol

Exactly goal scoring is a real problem in TPs teams. Its all about stifling the opposition and nicking games on set pieces, you only have to go through the record of clubs he has managed,

Goal scoring was a bigger problem in Monks teams,but the only difference,I suspect,is we wont concede az many    

4 hours ago, MoorfOwl said:

We have four tall centre backs.  Unless we want to play all of them at once at the back, a few training sessions might reveal that one is the new Paul Warhurst.

Don't you remember the song. 'There's only one Paul Warhurst'.lol

• Like 1

19 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

My gut feeling is yes we will

Maybe Chansiri wasn’t convinced enough to spend whilst Monk was here but I’m confident Pulis will have been given assurances of squad building in January 

I don’t really know who we could bring in but am pretty sure Pulis will know a few 

I’m thinking a massive strong powerhouse of a striker who can lead the line, beat everyone in the air and finish well

Maybe a striker like we haven’t had for a long time?

January could be good 

Name one that we could afford!

We've had top strikers for this league haven't we...

What we haven't had is the midfield. Since Lee, Lopez, Jones, Hutchinson to some extent....we've seen players like Butterfield and for all his effort, jury is still out on Pelupessy, Hunt might be a year or 2 away...

We need a squad reshuffle, will only happen if we give Pulis time

4 minutes ago, poite said:

Loans then. 

No way Pulis has been told he can't bring anyone on at all in Jan 

This ^  also the type of players we need for this season we’d probably only want temporarily anyway to keep us up.  Then plan the playoff push next summer...

1 hour ago, Mick70 said:
1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

Add a proper left back to that list as well.

Can’t see pulis coming here with nothing to spend at all? No matter how we slag Chansiri one thing he has done constantly is back his manager as much as he can? Pulis will know we lack a left back target man and when he takes training he’ll see for himself how we haven’t that much attacking quality? I’m sure they’ll be some free agents he’ll have already been checking out , gestede is surely past it but even a deal till end of season wouldn’t break us his and players like him income is zero atm so we offer wot we like take it or leave it

Guest Mcguigan
5 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Can’t see pulis coming here with nothing to spend at all? No matter how we slag Chansiri one thing he has done constantly is back his manager as much as he can? Pulis will know we lack a left back target man and when he takes training he’ll see for himself how we haven’t that much attacking quality? I’m sure they’ll be some free agents he’ll have already been checking out , gestede is surely past it but even a deal till end of season wouldn’t break us his and players like him income is zero atm so we offer wot we like take it or leave it

He was unemployed and had no other offers. He’s probably just signed a £10k a week two year contract, which basically nets him half a million over the deal.

Do you think his decision to sign on the dotted line was subject to any incomings in January.

Not for me. He’s probably just glad to be on managerial merry go round again. ££££££’s in.

43 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

He was unemployed and had no other offers. He’s probably just signed a £10k a week two year contract, which basically nets him half a million over the deal.

Do you think his decision to sign on the dotted line was subject to any incomings in January.

Not for me. He’s probably just glad to be on managerial merry go round again. ££££££’s in.

Doesn’t need the money does he ? Earned enough down the yrs and was sat on an easy Saturday afternoon contract with sky do you think he kneels the money? More like sees us as prob his last challenge and nothing to prove to any body about his career ? Not a pulis fan ( or more like his football style? ) but no way would he have come here without at least a small budget freebies small fees loans 

9 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Doesn’t need the money does he ? Earned enough down the yrs and was sat on an easy Saturday afternoon contract with sky do you think he kneels the money? More like sees us as prob his last challenge and nothing to prove to any body about his career ? Not a pulis fan ( or more like his football style? ) but no way would he have come here without at least a small budget freebies small fees loans 

Money either way then to spend and to pocket. Either way it's going to cost DC a packet. 

Guest Mcguigan
11 hours ago, Mick70 said:

Where else was he going to go to earn a living? He’s just lost a very expensive court case against the Crystal Palace owners, likely to cost him a couple of £m.

His managerial stock was low and was probably pretty cheap, compared to some other Championship managers. 

He’ll have jumped at chance, forget any negotiations about January spend.

9 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Where else was he going to go to earn a living? He’s just lost a very expensive court case against the Crystal Palace owners, likely to cost him a couple of £m.

His managerial stock was low and was probably pretty cheap, compared to some other Championship managers. 

He’ll have jumped at chance, forget any negotiations about January spend.

All speculation as you know ? And none of us will know but stand by my comments we’ll spend in January be it small fees loans of freebies all need paying for ... transfer fees loan fees wages all adds up to spending